Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a bad loss on so many accounts, 5 -0 loss likely cost us 7th spot. Just smashed our goal difference!
Proved we're a one man show.

Played so well vs city and then ridiculously bad against Arsenal.

Enzo having surgery and done for the season.

What are everyone’s honest thoughts on him? He looked amazing when we first signed him. Now he looks bang average. Is it a Poch problem or a Caicedo problem?

Was so excited about this signing but now I have serious doubts about him. I hope he has just been playing through injury and comes back better than ever.

Cheering for 115. * no. The Gunners are my second favourite team atm. Kai Havertz was treated terribly at Chelsea. That’s not surprising considering that they think that Caicedo is worth paying £115m for. Liverpool did try as well so I can’t say too much. 😂
News to me. How so?

Enzo having surgery and done for the season.

What are everyone’s honest thoughts on him? He looked amazing when we first signed him. Now he looks bang average. Is it a Poch problem or a Caicedo problem?

Was so excited about this signing but now I have serious doubts about him. I hope he has just been playing through injury and comes back better than ever.
I just dont know if Enzo fits into English football, he just a bit of a plodder(maybe that's from his hernia) and can't get around the pitch enough. He should have gone to Spain or Italy. TBH we should have just kept Gilmour, can do the same jib and we'd save 100m.

We look so much better with Gallagher and Caicedo in the pivot as they complement each other and can both close down space fast. I'll be pissed if/when we sell Connor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just dont know if Enzo fits into English football, he just a bit of a plodder(maybe that's from his hernia) and can't get around the pitch enough. He should have gone to Spain or Italy. TBH we should have just kept Gilmour, can do the same jib and we'd save 100m.

We look so much better with Gallagher and Caicedo in the pivot as they complement each other and can both close down space fast. I'll be pissed if/when we sell Connor.
He looked so good early on but that Gallagher/Caicedo pivot is worrying for him. He’s definitely slow and poor defensively. I feel like he needs to have the right system built around him to flourish (a bit like Pogba who got that for France but not at United). I would like to see Enzo injury free and with Lavia behind him before I completely give up hope.

I’m not too fussed about Connor. He’s a good squad option but he has too many shockers to be a starter every game.

Gotta say I agree on Enzo, loved his signing but really not sure about him now. Maybe it is the injury but I think Gallagher and Caicedo are a better pairing with Lavia the other option.
I'll be seriously pissed off if we sell Gallagher!
I'd probably prefer to sell Enzo, but we'd be lucky to get 45m for him.

Enzo's heading down the same path as James Rodriguez and El Hadji Diouf as players who were hyped and signed based off strong WC performances.

Give him a, hopefully, fit season as another chance but he doesn't seem suited to the PL. No coincidence that this morning and Everton had Caicedo and Gallagher in the middle and the Arsenal disaster had Enzo in there.

Last edited:
🚨🔵Garry Neville's TO-DO-LIST for Chelsea this summer:

"They need a top CB to replace Thiago Silva"

"They need a 20 goal Striker."

"They need a GK. Those two (Sanchez and Petrovic) currently are decent goalies but not high level ones.

"Chelsea also need to fix the issue with Reece James/Chilwell and the rest of the guys injured. Something must be done to that medical department this summer."

"Seems they have a set piece coach coming in this summer. Chelsea have neglected the importance of set pieces in the league over the last few seasons"

"Finally the owners need to BACK OFF. They need to quit messing around with the manager's."

I tend to agree for the most part, I wouldn’t replace Petrovic though.
I'd also back in Colwill and Disasi as our preferred 2. But wouldn’t be against a quality mature CB.

Striker an absolute must, feel we waste a lot of good chances.

This may sound crazy but I feel like we are pretty set in nearly every position:

GK: Petrovic/Sanchez
RB: James/Gusto/Gilchrist
CB: Fofana/Chalobah/Disasi
CB: Colwill/Badiashile
LB: Cucurella/Chilwell
DM: Lavia/Ugochukwu
CM: Caicedo/Fernandez/Gallagher
RW: Palmer/Madueke
CAM: Nkunku/Chukwuemeka
LW: Mudryk/Sterling
ST: Jackson

The weaknesses for mine:

1. Striker - Jackson ain’t it. Not now anyway. Not deadly enough in front of goals. He’s the perfect squad player as he is more than capable to cover for striker or LW. Isak is an absolute dream signing and would nearly complete this team.

2. Left wing - Mudryk and Sterling are both heavily criticised by fans. I prefer Mudryk as I think he has another level or two to go to and Sterling is not only washed but incredibly frustrating to watch these days. Ideal signing would be Williams.

3. Goalkeeper - Petrovic has been handy but a world class goalkeeper should be on our shopping list. Not as urgent as a striker is but I would love to find our own Allison.

4. Left back - I think I’m done with Chilwell. Cucurella has been great and we’re getting to Brighton version but he needs competition because I feel a disasterclass is right around the corner. I think he will get another chance next season though.

Possible loan recalls: I wonder if Santos and/or Hutchinson get chances. Angelo has also been impressive at Strasbourg but probably a year or two away.

Sell: Lukaku, Kepa, Maatsen, Hall, Ziyech, Broja.

In short, give me a healthy list plus Isak and Williams and we’re top four. Easily.

5-0 win against West Ham! :cool:

Apart from the poor performance against Arsenal who are battering everyone at the moment, our run of form recently has been good. At least we're finishing the season on a promising note and giving ourselves a chance of finishing 6th if results fall in our favour.

Great performance by the lads. One of the best we've produced under Poch and hopefully a sign that things are starting to finally click under him.

Noni was MOTM for mine, but Caicedo was excellent as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back