Senior Charlie Cameron (2017-)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure what's more cringeworthy; cricket, BBL or Charlie Cameron DJ'ing at the cricket because cricket must be so bad that it resorts to this sort of rubbish because people and in particular kids have such short attention spans that it needs this s**t.

The article passed over Charlies schooling in the final years when he boarded at Aquinas College - in the 2019 AA team, Charlie was one of 4 from that school, joining Nat Fyfe, Elliot Yeo & Patrick Cripps.
The school accommodated the boys playing in the WAFL U19s to qualify for the draft, allowing the guys to play for the team they were zoned to. Charlie to Swan Districts, Fyfe at Clarement & Yeo and Cripps with East Fremantle.

You guys have got a ripper in Charlie, enjoy

I'm not sure what's more cringeworthy; cricket, BBL or Charlie Cameron getting paid to do a DJ bit at the cricket for a bit of fun because he's a popular Brisbane sportsman, because cricket must be so bad that it resorts to this sort of rubbish because people and in particular kids have such short attention spans that it needs this sh*t.

Fixed

Harris Andrews backs Charlie Cameron to fire against Geelong

Charlie Cameron was accused of having a “touch of the sooks” on the weekend, but his teammates are confident he’ll bounce back against Geelong.

Charlie Cameron came under fire from former AFL greats for his Round 1 performance but his Lions teammates have backed the small forward to bounce back against Geelong this week.

Brisbane’s star forward spent 30 minutes on the bench on Saturday night – the most of any Lions player – in a season opener which saw the Swans run away 19.11 (125) to 14.10 (94) victors.

Cameron finished the match with 10 disposals, one tackle and zero goals during a game where many of the Lions squad failed to live up to their premiership contender status.

Fox Footy commentator and Hawthorn great Dermott Brereton didn’t mince his words on Saturday, saying “I’d hate to say it, but I’m wondering if he (Cameron) has got a touch of the sooks”.

Brisbane’s All-Australian defender Harris Andrews backed his teammate to improve this week and challenged the rest of the squad to play better.

“The whole team, in general, has to play with a bit more energy,” Andrews said.

“The first three goals of the game, we were going pretty well.

“You could see that energy and we were thriving with it and then the Swans came hard and were able to win the ball around the contests and getting it inside their forward line pretty quickly.

“For Chuck (Cameron), it’s just playing with his energy and we’ll be there to help him out.

“We’ll get the service a little bit better going forward inside 50.

“He’ll be ready to go.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fagan The Instigator Behind Charlie's Form

Cameron started the year playing predominantly forward but spending more time in the midfield as the Lions chased speed around the contest.

However, after a 1-3 start, in which Cameron had kicked just four goals, things changed.

"In the pre-season I played through the midfield with (Dayne) Zorko, Lachie (Neale) and Robbo (Mitch Robinson) out (injured)," Cameron said.

"Rounds one and two I played midfield, but I felt tired, and I had a chat with 'Fages' to see where my best footy was and that's in front of goals, or a bit closer to goals.

"I enjoyed my time in the midfield, but playing deep forward has helped my game the last couple of weeks."

It's helped Cameron's game and in turn helped Brisbane's.

The lightning quick forward has kicked 15 goals in the past six rounds, at the same time as the Lions have gone on a six-game winning streak.

His chemistry with a potent forward line that includes Joe Daniher, Eric Hipwood and the under-rated Dan McStay has continued to flourish.

Cameron said Daniher's impact could not be undersold, particularly on his fellow talls.

"When Hippy started (his career) he got the best defender, but he's flourishing now with Joey coming in and Dan having a crack," Cameron said.

"He's floating around, doing his thing and enjoying his footy and getting his opportunities in front of goal.

"We've shown we're a potent enough forward line, everyone gets their time in front of goal - any of us can have a crack on game day."

Cameron: "North Will Have Tricks Up Their Sleeve"

Brisbane small forward Charlie Cameron expects David Noble to have some "tricks up his sleeve" on Saturday when the North Melbourne mentor coaches against the Lions for the first time.

Noble was Brisbane's football manager from late 2016 until the end of last season, helping the Lions rise from cellar-dwellers to premiership contenders, before winning the top job at the Kangaroos.

Now he'll coach against the man he schemed with for four years, Chris Fagan, who will coach for the 100th time.

Coincidentally, the match will be played in the Tasmanian capital of Hobart, a place where both men grew up.

I think he'll have a few tricks up his sleeve this weekend because he knows our gameplan," Cameron said of Noble on Thursday.

"We've got to be ready to go. They've had some good games in Tassie, a draw against GWS and playing well against Melbourne.

"It's going to be windy at Blundstone (Arena), so who knows what will happen, but we're excited for the challenge."

Cameron has a close association with Noble, dating back to their days at Adelaide and his subsequent move north.

He is also well aware of the dangers of playing in Hobart, sporting a 0-2 career record at the ground, including a 2017 contest in which the Kangaroos kicked 10 unanswered goals in the opening term against an unbeaten Crows team.

"It's a tricky ground to play," Cameron said.

"It'll be the team that adjusts to the conditions quickest."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back