Preview Changes vs the Saints(Rnd 2)-In: Viney, Out: Harmes(inj), Chandler(Omit)

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Yze has come in with the midfield portfolio and forced Goody's hand to not play 3 bulls in there every single bounce.

I feel like we became extremely conservative with our midfield strategy in 2019-2020 especially, when Goody was desperate for results, feeling the pressure and not entrusting lesser lights to run through the midfield.

I love the way we've been speaking about Sparrow and Jordon playing these team roles in the midfield to do the dirty work and let our stars shine in there.

Brayshaw should also be sacrificing more of his game to just become elite at the team things in there which I think suits his skillset: tackling, pressure, blocking, quick releasing handballs and smart link play.

Let Clarry win first possession, let Viney bulldoze when necessary and let Trac do Trac things.
I feel better for reading this

:rainbow: So we win this weekend, yeah?

I thought being able to run fast and theoretically break lines was more important than defending and general footballing ability
We’re a very theoretical team. Theoretically dominant midfield on an “on paper” basis, theoretically benefiting from silver service in centre bounce, theoretical owners of the “contested brand of footy”. I can’t see us losing a theoretical game this year.

We’re a very theoretical team. Theoretically dominant midfield on an “on paper” basis, theoretically benefiting from silver service in centre bounce, theoretical owners of the “contested brand of footy”. I can’t see us losing a theoretical game this year.
POTY

I've tipped the Saints as no sane person should ever tip Melbourne but have a funny feeling we might do them by a bit.

yeh seems our chances are being talked down a bit much like if st kilda are an elite team. they are probably roundabouts where we are, and we actually play docklands well under goody, I reckon we win just in another scrappy affair

yeh seems our chances are being talked down a bit much like if st kilda are an elite team. they are probably roundabouts where we are, and we actually play docklands well under goody, I reckon we win just in another scrappy affair
Would happily take that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only is Gus going to have zero impact on a wing all year, we’re also going to destroy his trade value. A classic MFC win-win.
Based off his podcast he seems pretty keen on playing there now. Maybe he’ll adapt to it better this year. Hopefully we don’t do a Tyson on him.

Based off his podcast he seems pretty keen on playing there now. Maybe he’ll adapt to it better this year. Hopefully we don’t do a Tyson on him.
Yeah I saw that afterwards too. Tbh the attitude change is a very positive sign. Had a pretty similar game to Langdon statistically except in metres gained (more handballing).

Pretty rough on Chandler to be listed as omitted when he didn't take the field
Gives him a game though this week, albeit in the 2s.

Sub rule is a great way to destroy players and lose them to other clubs - consecutive weeks of prep, zero game time and solo running with Burgess would lose its appeal quickly

Gives him a game though this week, albeit in the 2s.

Sub rule is a great way to destroy players and lose them to other clubs - consecutive weeks of prep, zero game time and solo running with Burgess would lose its appeal quickly
Yeah, I agree he should play 2's this week, I just don't think he should be listed as omitted. None of the other emergencies that didn't play have been listed.

I get that by the AFL's rule he technically played last week but no-one likes seeing omitted next to their name and it's particular unfair in this situation

Yeah, I agree he should play 2's this week, I just don't think he should be listed as omitted. None of the other emergencies that didn't play have been listed.

I get that by the AFL's rule he technically played last week but no-one likes seeing omitted next to their name and it's particular unfair in this situation
Yeah. I get that. I don’t think there is another available term. Rested and injured don’t really work since both terms suggest unavailable. We need something new. I can’t think of anything that doesn’t reek of bullshit like “strategically managed” or whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back