Prediction Changes Round 8 Dogs V Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not convinced that West is gone. If he is, however, the bump is officially dead and should be written out of the rules of football....if it exists as a rule in football.....and if it does, whether it applies consistently at AFL level
You'd better be able to write good character references then.

Most other clubs would win on appeal but - if there is to be one - I'm pretty certain the tribunal will say yeah ... naah.

When did we last get anybody off on appeal?

You'd better be able to write good character references then.

Most other clubs would win on appeal but - if there is to be one - I'm pretty certain the tribunal will say yeah ... naah.

When did we last get anybody off on appeal?
I'll send you a draft🤣

You might be able to repurpose it .....

I'm not convinced that West is gone. If he is, however, the bump is officially dead and should be written out of the rules of football....if it exists as a rule in football.....and if it does, whether it applies consistently at AFL level

Jimmy Bartel just said to challenge it.

Always liked Jimmy

Accidental and incidental contact. Not a bump he said, you’re allowed to run past the ball. Accidents happen. We’re in for a long Tuesday night he thinks.

Whoever is calling for Buku to be dropped is absolutely braindead. We’ve been calling out for an intercept defender for 5 years and we have one that’s taken the most intercept marks in the comp and generated the most scores since round 1, and some want to drop him?

He struggled last night. Fremantle cut us up through the middle and exposed our defence out the back 1v1. No defence would be able to survive that. If you don’t stop the ball at the source, your defenders have no hope.
So anyone who disagrees with you is brain dead!!!
Would love to read your coaching resume to come to that conclusion.

Buku may or may not make it. First time a team actually spent some time into him and he was abysmal. He is still developing, but so is Buss and Cleary along with JOD. Nothing wrong with rotating them on form and see who actually develops.

We are 3 and 4 and likely to not be playing in September. Use the year to rotate the younger players on form which both develops them on strengths and weaknesses as well as providing the opportunity to genuinely become a best 22 on form

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Accidental and incidental contact. Not a bump he said, you’re allowed to run past the ball. Accidents happen. We’re in for a long Tuesday night he thinks.
That was my take also. If the original referral is upheld, the game changes forever. I don't know where you go from there other than banning the bump.

Medium impact for West? That was one of the softest bumps I have ever seen. Clearly physics isn't the AFLs strong point, that just because an opposing player gets knocked down, doesn't mean he was hit with force. Just need the slightest bump at the right angle, or someone to not have their feet in the right spot to fall over etc. Wests opponent was already off balance prior to contact.

I'd challenge the impact grading at least. Even watching the reply in normal speed, did he even make contact with the head? Initial contact was shoulder on shoulder, may have brushed the chin by the slightest of margins. But players should not be getting rubbed out because of any secondary contact. If a shoulder or arm slides off the body and into the head, its a case of crap happens, not carelessness. Players have the right to block and Sheppard.

For crying out loud Gallagher hasn't done much wrong.
You give a pretty easy pass mark. He hasn't done much at all. Deer in the headlights versus Fremantle.
I had no issue with him getting a game if he deserved it. Did he deserve a game? But, I do have an issue with him getting continual games when doing basically nothing.
I would rather look at another kid possibly doing nothing who actually might do something.
He got a game ahead of Garcia. Garcia got in, and, I think is doing well. How did he deserve a game before Garcia? Thats a question that needs to be asked of the match committee.

Yes. Brain dead.

A young player who has been consistently very good for around 6 weeks has a down week. The answer is not to drop him when 12 other players also had poor performances.

A brain dead person would drop him and destroy his confidence instead of backing him in to improve the next week.
Giving Buku a spell in the 2s doesn't put a line through him. He goes back, learns a few things. Becomes better.
He was getting lost in traffic and when he drops marks he becomes a liability. He can get coached on these areas and come back. These areas have been papered over with good interception.
Busslinger needs to be looked at. High draft pick who hasn't played a game yet.
We have to be considered and consistent in selection process. I think we all agree that selection has been baffling over the last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s clear to me that they see something in Gallagher and he is being fast tracked, literally getting games into him as fast as they can to get him up to that 25 game mark. I also think the club knows that Baz is probably gone hence the path being taken with a few young lads

It’s clear to me that they see something in Gallagher and he is being fast tracked, literally getting games into him as fast as they can to get him up to that 25 game mark. I also think the club knows that Baz is probably gone hence the path being taken with a few young lads
I see a lot in Gallagher too. He has great skills, very good around goal with good pace. He's also struggling massively right now as well and doesn't warrant a spot in the starting 23. There is no selection integrity if he holds his spot and some other performances in the VFL aren't given a chance.

Whoever is calling for Buku to be dropped is absolutely braindead. We’ve been calling out for an intercept defender for 5 years and we have one that’s taken the most intercept marks in the comp and generated the most scores since round 1, and some want to drop him?

He struggled last night. Fremantle cut us up through the middle and exposed our defence out the back 1v1. No defence would be able to survive that. If you don’t stop the ball at the source, your defenders have no hope.
Buku looks like a solid player but this isn't the first time he's been turned and left in no man's land. Cameron exposed him a couple of times in transition in the Geelong game.

Needs to work on that, especially when teams will start to negate the intercepting ability (ala Wood back in the day). Wood had the uncanny ability to get back into position through his athleticism (flying back with the flight) Morris to some extent but he was just crazy courageous body on the line type of ability.

At times Buku has given up on those ones out the back even though he's got the attributes to pull that off as well. Needs to work on his strength/tank to push back hard and impact. Even just to spoil.

Can't expect as a defender to be always behind the ball for the easy run and jump at the ball.

He does the defensive stuff well and is handy inside 50. We pretty clearly have more of a premium on legspeed and defensive work this season. I do think he is due for a spell as right now he's just hanging on.
If he goes back for a few weeks at VFL level he'll come back into the AFL sooner rather than later.

Buks was poor against Freo but has credits in the bank so I'd still give him one more week.
Clarke for Flea is a no-brainer. And I really hope West gets off because he's been good this year.

This, can't believe people can't see the positive impact Khamis has on our defense this year. Pressure in the middle makes it easier to intercept. He wont be dropped and the replacement people are suggesting Bussslinger cannot play with both Jones and O'Donnell, way to slow. Buss really still isn't ready, does some nice things but overall game still needs work. Club know this so there wont be a change.

Last edited:
I see a lot in Gallagher too. He has great skills, very good around goal with good pace. He's also struggling massively right now as well and doesn't warrant a spot in the starting 23. There is no selection integrity if he holds his spot and some other performances in the VFL aren't given a chance.
Agree 100% - i was mostly saying that they’ve obviously got a licence to get games into some of these kids, but like Arty last year, he needs a spell. We need to see what some of these other guys can do as well cos there is no point having them on the list if they aren’t going to get games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back