Preview Changes for Round 6 - v Port @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So strnads was the number 1 ruck when they both played For the Beagles. Personally I’d go with Strnads as the main ruckmen but can see Simmo trying to back bailey in at this level even tho he is hopeless

They had troubles locating him

If you have any experience kane249 you would be able to spot them at the G and hopefully getting the appropriate touch up.

Hough is the only reasonable omission from all this - he's not Ginger Rowell, his body isn't ready for 22 games of AFL, playing him now risks long term injury.

I know Jones has had this coming for a few weeks and Langdon was poor last week also, but it's just funny they're the first 2 out when we're hoping the MC is going to make a statement as they were the first 2 dropped last year also.
Are XON and West actually going to be playing on ball?

Big test for Simpson this.

Surely the test was the team sheet for last weekend and the MC already failed. They need to be sent to the dongas on the outside of the school building for the rest of their classes now.

It is beyond stupidity that we are in with two rucks and waterman against a port side who have a second gamer doing the ruck and the soft of butter jeremy finlayson playing as their back up ruck… completely and totally necessary.
Pick one and heck use waterman as a backup if your so keen to play him.. just another case of going in way to tall for no reason.

I wonder if stranadica has his own jumper or will he join the ranks of the floating number.
You have to play tall when your gameplan revolves around bombing it down the wings and into the forward line :)

McGovern now injured? What was he doing during covid protocols? Or typo?

Barich reporting Dixon injured so maybe the club graphics team going as well as the players are onfield?

View attachment 1379976
Jesus, who does these? Can't even get it right. Dixon (inj) Gov (HSP - that's health and safety protocols, not Halal snack pack - or maybe in Gov's case, both, haha)

Strnadica for Dixon (forced change).
O’Neill into the midfield, Nelson to the backline, Rotham omitted.
West for Jones to give us a bit more midfield punch with the Big Three all at various stages of partial fitness.
Waterman for Langdon makes us a bit tall.

Three out of four of those I’m happy with.

So we get belted every time, and have done so for years, a team move the ball quickly with defenders running through the midfield to add numbers and outside options. We now have three (plus) statues in the forward line, who is the defensive forward to break this down?
Kicking out of defence opposition not noa and again but always teams hold two players back so that it's an easy rebound. We never cover this. Who is our quick accountable forward to stop this?

Me thinks we have problems. Waterman - may as well play two hopelessly unfit Darlings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see XON and West back.

That said, shame about Gov not getting up for this one and Hough not coming back in after a strong WAFL outing.

Extremely happy for Strnadica on debut.

Overall, reasonably happy with this team selection.

1650537137862.gif

This is a goddamn travesty.

How could Simmo drop JJ? Seriously? Does he not understand that JJ works like a bear, playing one blinder, hibernating for a stretch of games, then coming back again like Chris Judd? But the hibernation only works if he stays in the team.

What an absolute heck up. Honestly thinking we need a club overhaul now.

Looks quite good, a mix of youth and senior, the midfield is stacked, give the oldies a breather.
Like Nelson (down) back.
No Gov a concern, might've been the difference?
Waterman a bit tall upfront, but still got Rioli, Ryan and Cripps (great goal he kicked in junktime btw)
and whatever mids can get down that way..Waterman has had some good games in the past, he's capable and a stage or two ahead of most of the younger players.
Needs to grab it with both hands and shake it like a rag doll...the game that is!
Curious to see Strnadica play..
Team looks pretty solid on paper...it's just that you know, that sssh...the synergy thing?

Last edited:
This is a goddamn travesty.

How could Simmo drop JJ? Seriously? Does he not understand that JJ works like a bear, playing one blinder, hibernating for a stretch of games, then coming back again like Chris Judd? But the hibernation only works if he stays in the team.

What an absolute fu** up. Honestly thinking we need a club overhaul now.
Haha, yeh he was looking a bit banged up and was like a bull in a china shop, mostly ineffective.
A good rest in the Wawful and he'll be back like an energiser bunny!

So Guv is hardly the greatest 2 way runner and coming off Covid, people are upset he is not picked. I think Simmo is learning albeit slowly.

Strnadica is a good move and I hope Dixon is not banished to the WAFL long term

Jack and JK are bloody lucky. Senior leaders with credits in the bank!!!

Good to see XON- don’t worry where he starts, Shuey, Yeo and Kelly will be blowing up at the 20 minute mark and our inside bull Gaff isn’t ready yet

I'm clearly not a Nelson basher, but I'm pretty surprised he's still in the side.

What exactly is his role Simpson? With all his limitations as a footballer, If he is playing ahead of Rotham, what does that say about Rotham? Might as well cut him.

Not convinced by this balance of midfielders to forwards we've got going on either. Like everyone else, I can totally see XON and West getting stranded on a HFF, having minimal minutes in the midfield, getting 12 disposals, then dropped next week for Gaff.

Jones up to his old tricks of having a cracker game then goes missing for a month

👇

I know Jones has had this coming for a few weeks and Langdon was poor last week also, but it's just funny they're the first 2 out when we're hoping the MC is going to make a statement as they were the first 2 dropped last year.

Good changes! X earned his spot back and West is straight back in after his injury. Well done selectors 👍
profiling-250x150.jpg

"Sir, do you have any idea how positive you were being? I'm going to need to see your posting licence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back