Central Murray FL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Whispers86

Team Captain
Nov 20, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ill say Hugh foots performance in the ruck in the 99 prelim against cohuna at Tooley was the best ruck display I've seen, brilliant game to get the swans up by a 16 year old, honorable mention to Troy kelm in the ruck in a gf against balranald. Also the big truck Davis played some good games in the ruck for kerang.

Best battle was Shane McCurry at kerang and Lovell from Lalbert go head to head in 98, both came from the Bendigo league and it was a physical encounter.

Also big Barry Stewart from the Raiders could play when he wanted too

There's a lot that wouldn't make a top 10 list, but had traits on their day that made you glad they were on your side.
Like Christian Bock, great ruckman and very AFLesque in his jump style, quite ordinary around the ground but gave good midfielders every chance.

And then there's someone like Lee OMeara, wasn't brilliant, but when the game got tough, he got tougher. When it was getting close and physical he seemed to grow a foot.

Sometimes big men get smaller when it's needed but then there's some that just go out believing they're the best ruck on the ground and just go hard. The tighter the game and the longer the kicks to gain ground they're smashing packs and demanding it. Was good watching a Berry, Jones, Pye etc

Ill say Hugh foots performance in the ruck in the 99 prelim against cohuna at Tooley was the best ruck display I've seen, brilliant game to get the swans up by a 16 year old, honorable mention to Troy kelm in the ruck in a gf against balranald. Also the big truck Davis played some good games in the ruck for kerang.

Best battle was Shane McCurry at kerang and Lovell from Lalbert go head to head in 98, both came from the Bendigo league and it was a physical encounter.

Also big Barry Stewart from the Raiders could play when he wanted too

That battle between McCurry and Lovell was my first senior game. They leapt for the opening bounce of the game landed and then went toe to toe!

See Tooley with a couple more signings, a young nt player, who are the better ones to get usually, I'd say Krueger, Davey and Tyrell were the best 3 to come down from the nt and play, they were all 21 or younger when they first come down. Tooley will play finals

See Tooley with a couple more signings, a young nt player, who are the better ones to get usually, I'd say Krueger, Davey and Tyrell were the best 3 to come down from the nt and play, they were all 21 or younger when they first come down. Tooley will play finals

Jason Cockatoo, Davey definitely, Ash Wedding, Corrie, Christian Shaw,Krueger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Write off a helmers team at your peril,
It also sounds like big Jenko will only play a couple of games if any for the year, wherever he plays
Dean is a great tactician and match day coach and I’m sure he will get the best out of them. I just dont think the saints have enough local talent to build a finals side around at present.
With the points/cap system you can’t just go out and recruit yourself a top 5 side overnight. you need a talented local base of players to build around. Don’t think the saints have that but good on them if they prove me wrong.

Dean is a great tactician and match day coach and I’m sure he will get the best out of them. I just dont think the saints have enough local talent to build a finals side around at present.
With the points/cap system you can’t just go out and recruit yourself a top 5 side overnight. you need a talented local base of players to build around. Don’t think the saints have that but good on them if they prove me wrong.
Yeh I agree with this. Woora and Eagles have been having success while having about half their sides as recruits where I think Tooly would need closer to 15.
Recently Nyah was probably one side who went from fairly poor to playing in a grand final the year after on the back of recruiting but I think Tooly are coming from further back

Agree. Don’t think the points system was in place when Nyah won it either. Boga are finding out how hard it is to pull off, and they probably have more talent locally than the saints

Agree. Don’t think the points system was in place when Nyah won it either. Boga are finding out how hard it is to pull off, and they probably have more talent locally than the saints
Nyah lost in 16 while points were in. Half a dozen guns made everyone look a lot better.
I imagine Tooly have 44 points so they can still bring in 8 or so players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back