Central Highlands

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

lol, mudcrabs, how can u call urself a team if your mascot is UN-RESPECTABLE?!!?!
And from what i hear Raak the coach of hepburns reserves is about to be stuffed and mounted in the clubs rooms, he's so old that people think his about to topple in the next breeze like a old oak tree.

Just wondering if anyone has heard any news on players coming and going? quite a few rumours floating around already.
Big rumour of mckay heading back to the marsh and i have also heard that cox heading to darwin and if he likes that might possibly be heading to cairns...so much for signing iveryone up timmy.... Bungaree also penned some recruits, cummins and rumble from redan. D-town losing up to 10 players from there 1st 18 due to uni and a few heading into the bfl. another interesting one doing the rounds is mullane grant back to ballan...is that confirmed?

Just wondering if anyone has heard any news on players coming and going? quite a few rumours floating around already.
Big rumour of mckay heading back to the marsh and i have also heard that cox heading to darwin and if he likes that might possibly be heading to cairns...so much for signing iveryone up timmy.... Bungaree also penned some recruits, cummins and rumble from redan. D-town losing up to 10 players from there 1st 18 due to uni and a few heading into the bfl. another interesting one doing the rounds is mullane grant back to ballan...is that confirmed?
Thats the interesting thing about this time of year, , , rumours , , ,.This time last year Chris Grant was playing with us and we had offered Dan Jordan a fortune! i can tell you the club never spoke to either player ( and im sure someone will write back and say he knows a mate of theirs that can confirm that we did make offers, its all bulls..t, so believe what you want to)...As for Andy and Coxy, we knew that every club would be after them, and the rest of our team, and why wouldn't they? thats why we got in early, we look after our players.
Coxy is heading off to Darwin for some fishing and footy.. in that order i might add.. he told us that a couple of months ago, and he has our blessing.
We got Andy because the Marsh didn't look after him, they still have a lot of rebuilding to do, and obviously they would be trying everything to get him back..no one has mentioned Sam Newton, he comes from there as well and is just as important to us as Andy and Coxy, problem is he is a key backman and doesn't get the headlines like our star twosome.
Our President told a packed house full of supporters in the North Ballarat rooms straight after the Grand Final that we had re signed Robbo and every single player that played seniors that day. We have also signed a heap of the reserves players, not all of them yet. Yes it's possible that a player who has played seniors with us in 08 hasn't signed yet.. never denied that...
But i repeat every one of the Grand Final 22 have re signed... and how do i know? because i actually signed the papers.. so am i a liar.. im talking fact not rumours..next we will be putting in an offer for Ryan O'Keefe
Hope that clears the air about us for the final time, still its interesting to hear the rumour mill and what you had to say. your other comments could be true. keeps people reading

lol, mudcrabs, how can u call urself a team if your mascot is UN-RESPECTABLE?!!?!
And from what i hear Raak the coach of hepburns reserves is about to be stuffed and mounted in the clubs rooms, he's so old that people think his about to topple in the next breeze like a old oak tree.

You are a funny funny man!!!

Thats the interesting thing about this time of year, , , rumours , , ,.This time last year Chris Grant was playing with us and we had offered Dan Jordan a fortune! i can tell you the club never spoke to either player ( and im sure someone will write back and say he knows a mate of theirs that can confirm that we did make offers, its all bulls..t, so believe what you want to)...As for Andy and Coxy, we knew that every club would be after them, and the rest of our team, and why wouldn't they? thats why we got in early, we look after our players.
Coxy is heading off to Darwin for some fishing and footy.. in that order i might add.. he told us that a couple of months ago, and he has our blessing.
We got Andy because the Marsh didn't look after him, they still have a lot of rebuilding to do, and obviously they would be trying everything to get him back..no one has mentioned Sam Newton, he comes from there as well and is just as important to us as Andy and Coxy, problem is he is a key backman and doesn't get the headlines like our star twosome.
Our President told a packed house full of supporters in the North Ballarat rooms straight after the Grand Final that we had re signed Robbo and every single player that played seniors that day. We have also signed a heap of the reserves players, not all of them yet. Yes it's possible that a player who has played seniors with us in 08 hasn't signed yet.. never denied that...
But i repeat every one of the Grand Final 22 have re signed... and how do i know? because i actually signed the papers.. so am i a liar.. im talking fact not rumours..next we will be putting in an offer for Ryan O'Keefe
Hope that clears the air about us for the final time, still its interesting to hear the rumour mill and what you had to say. your other comments could be true. keeps people reading
Timmy not doubting that you have signed everyone but if what you say is accurate (all 22 senior players and some reserve players have signed contracts) then I would applaud you as being one of, if not the most professional club in country footy.

In all my years of involvement in footy (player, committee member, treasurer) the most players I have seen sign contracts at any club would be 15 and most of them would have been getting some coin. Maybe times have changed since I was involved in the CHFL.

Timmy not doubting that you have signed everyone but if what you say is accurate (all 22 senior players and some reserve players have signed contracts) then I would applaud you as being one of, if not the most professional club in country footy.

In all my years of involvement in footy (player, committee member, treasurer) the most players I have seen sign contracts at any club would be 15 and most of them would have been getting some coin. Maybe times have changed since I was involved in the CHFL.
Times have changed mexican man, you only have to watch the top 5 sides this year to see that. Look in all seriousness clubs work so hard in the off season to recruit and develop their ( hopefully ) next premiership side. We were lucky enough to have a very strong list, so its only natural that we want to keep them... good players are too hard to replace..if you have them why not do what you can to keep them.
Sometimes its pot luck regarding recruits. how many times do clubs pin their hopes on their big name signing, and by June he turns out to be a dud. But you just hope that he is only one game away from tearing the opposition apart. We have been there as have all other clubs and it's not much fun.

Sometimes its pot luck regarding recruits. how many times do clubs pin their hopes on their big name signing, and by June he turns out to be a dud. But you just hope that he is only one game away from tearing the opposition apart. We have been there as have all other clubs and it's not much fun.

Go on, just say his name... Greg Seiz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from what i know, most have signed on with bungaree from this year... With bryce nicholson now in charge of the football department, and between him and reedy heavily scouting, the club should be looking good...

Just a question.. When is everyone starting pre season?
Bungaree go for a camp on november 10th.

early start early finish {w***ers }

Has the league progressed at all in the last 4years with the scapping of clearances unless contracted?
QAULITY PLAYERS ARE HARD TO FIND UNLESS YOU HAVE HUGE AMOUNTS LIKE THE PIG FARMER .A FEW YEARS AGO YOU COULD GET A PLAYER FRON SEBAS OR POINT .POINT FOLDED SEBAS GOT NOTHING eastpoint reseves think there champions

Good to see Phil Davis coaching out at Newlyn. Newlyn will struggle to recruit with him at the helm. I know when Daylesford approached ballarat based players last year and they were told phil was still coaching, the players were not interested at all because of his one view style which had spread through the traps. His way or the highway. Really rubbed a few people up the wrong way and they ended up leaving the dogs. Will still help them improve a fair bit though. But good luck recruiting. Good to see you gave coxxy permission to go fishing timmy 32. Just make sure he his home in bed in time for his curfew and tucked in nicely ok.

Good to see Phil Davis coaching out at Newlyn. Newlyn will struggle to recruit with him at the helm. I know when Daylesford approached ballarat based players last year and they were told phil was still coaching, the players were not interested at all because of his one view style which had spread through the traps. His way or the highway. Really rubbed a few people up the wrong way and they ended up leaving the dogs. Will still help them improve a fair bit though. But good luck recruiting. Good to see you gave coxxy permission to go fishing timmy 32. Just make sure he his home in bed in time for his curfew and tucked in nicely ok.
if i was you i would not worry about coxy,you would be better off making sure you have a team next year,word is springbank is topping up with a few of your best players.also that you are in the red again who will bail you out this time?Already bagging your last coach (deja vu)tuff year ahead for you i would suggest,MCDFL is getting your clearance form ready for 2010

Hey freak, seizy kicked over 80 goals in 2006, most clubs would love that, not talking about him.
Sheen ... why bag out your PREMIERSHIP COACH, this time last year he was the the massiah of football. as usual you turn on your own whenever they decide to leave. Good luck to him at Newlyn, maybe they might respect him in years to come

Hey freak, seizy kicked over 80 goals in 2006, most clubs would love that, not talking about him.
Sheen ... why bag out your PREMIERSHIP COACH, this time last year he was the the massiah of football. as usual you turn on your own whenever they decide to leave. Good luck to him at Newlyn, maybe they might respect him in years to come

No disrespect, but at a guess Seiz would have only kicked the majority of his goals (lets say 50-60 of them) against cellar dwellers wouldn't he?

Just looked it up.

Against the bottom 4 sides, Seiz kicked 38 goals in total.
Against the other finals sides, he kicked 13 goals in total.

Make of that what you will.

if i was you i would not worry about coxy,you would be better off making sure you have a team next year,word is springbank is topping up with a few of your best players.also that you are in the red again who will bail you out this time?Already bagging your last coach (deja vu)tuff year ahead for you i would suggest,MCDFL is getting your clearance form ready for 2010
Any confirmed names heading to springbank? I heard there would be some money spent out there this year. Anyone got any other goss from the lower sides? What are Creswick, Gordon & Clunes doing to be competitive this year? Will Creswick dump their coach after a dissapointing year? A close competetion is a good one.

You would know wouldn't you clown. Love to know who is going to springbank next year, thats right its the adams boys coaching them. you must be in the know. don't know about being in the red, but how about you buy a membership, get yourself to the agm in 3 weeks and see whats happening there. Couldn't see us being that bad though as we don't really spend that much on recruits and they do show how much we spend on the players at the agm. Might tell a different story, but you do seem to have all the right answers so your probably right... again. No bagging of the last coach, just telling it like it is and unless you were there when he was you would have no idea. Already heard newlyn are struggling to get some players. Timmy 32, i would say he is still respected by the boys he did coach last year, i wasn't one of them but i did see alot of what happened.

Hi peoples,

New to Big Footy, thought i'd join as this thread has been a bit quiet over the past week, surely there would be a few rumours floating around about who is going where? leaving? coaching and so on?

Timmy are you still looking for recruits or are you happy with the side you already have signed?!!!
Im sure there isn't much cash left in the bank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back