Central Highlands general thread - June 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

re: Central highlands part 3

quote:
originally posted by scoobiesnack
owen lewis.. I've played against this guy. Not on him directly but have seen first hand how he can tear it up. Slowly but surely at his size haha. Don't worry about him kicking 75, this bloke will kick 100 with ease in this comp. Gdfl is a much stronger comp than this and he didn't just do it against the bottom sides. He kicked more against the top five sides, loves the big stage. Won't move far and i agree he will be run off alot but he will kick plenty. Feel sad for the opponents he is going to embarrass. Good luck boys

re: Central highlands part 3

quote:
originally posted by scoobiesnack

that’s fair enough. Difference of opinion. He is no superstar but pure size if he keeps fit will get him between 75 and 100 regardless of who he kicks most against. I've played gordon and watched them on another occasion, they won six games in chfl last year. They imo wouldn't win one in gdfl. But i agree that chfl probably has a better eveness and more depth in it's competition. Owen lewis is what luke redpath could be if he did a preseason and got fit

owen lewis: Seniors - 8 matches, 15 goals. (8 in 1 game against - surprise - bottom side illabarook.
Owen lewis: Reserves - 5 matches, 14 goals.

Scoobiesnack i think you get the award for worst prediction of the year. As i said, size doesn't make you a good player. On the occasions i've seen owen this year i've felt embarrassed for him he's been so far off the pace. You obviously don't rate the chfl. You talked up clunes on the basis of a few recruits from the gdfl, and to be fair they have improved, but mostly that improvement has been on the back of their young local players and some returning like handley and guthrie. You aren't the first bloke to think geelong players are going to come up here and rip the league apart nor are you the first to end up with egg on your face. Big o should look at suiting up for werribee centrals next year if he wants to get anywhere near 75 or 100 goals, because if he stays at dunnstown it will take him about 6 seasons to get there.

**** off **** i heard he is coming to cat country you ****in w***er mate, i would love to verse you on the footy field you ugly ****!!!!!!! Go catters 2012!!!!!!!!

As for the players who don't deserve the medals. Technically they deserve them because they played but talk about a backseat journey.

Are you talking specifically about the Grand Final or the entire season? It isn't uncommon for a player to have an off day in the granny in a winning side. Does that mean that they don't deserve a medal?

How many Waubra games did you see this year?

Yeah I agree there were a few head high contacts but come on mate, you cant sit there and tell me Daylesford played dirty. #42 must be one you have mentioned. Yep he did some dumb things but he is more chance of hurting himself at that size.

As for the players who dont deserve the medals. Technically they deserve them because they played but talk about a backseat journey.

You cant sit there and tell anyone they didn't play dirty! As a mutual supporter watching the game (although i did enjoy they fact Dford lost) they were nothing short of a disgrace - Adams and Jenkin in particular and the whole crowd knew it. Both past it and can't keep up anymore so they resort to that type of play.

Granted it was a GF and there is always some big hits but they were just down right dirty the whole day. Dford have some good youngsters coming through and that doesn't send the best message, best thing they should do to improve the culture of the club is get rid of them, like they did with Luke Adams. Obviously you are a biased in your opinion but i'm sure that game would have been on film and they would have a lot to answer for if it got sent to the league.

On another note, Gibba coaching at Springbank next year! Surely he will be taking a few Redan boys with him?

You cant sit there and tell anyone they didn't play dirty! As a mutual supporter watching the game (although i did enjoy they fact Dford lost) they were nothing short of a disgrace - Adams and Jenkin in particular and the whole crowd knew it. Both past it and can't keep up anymore so they resort to that type of play.

Granted it was a GF and there is always some big hits but they were just down right dirty the whole day. Dford have some good youngsters coming through and that doesn't send the best message, best thing they should do to improve the culture of the club is get rid of them, like they did with Luke Adams. Obviously you are a biased in your opinion but i'm sure that game would have been on film and they would have a lot to answer for if it got sent to the league.

On another note, Gibba coaching at Springbank next year! Surely he will be taking a few Redan boys with him?

Uncle CC: Fair point about the off day but there were players out there that did not want any kind of physical contact. Thats not an off day thats how they play. I could name 2 or 3 that would not play seniors in other clubs but I admitt, Im happy for them that the rest of the team can hide them and nurse them through to a flag. Something we are all jealous of.

Sphinkter: Im not biased mate. Daylesford mean as much to me as Waubra. Zero. I was just bored watching that game. I was hoping they might get physical to try to throw Waubra off their game. Yeah maybe your right a few cheap clicks around the ears but hardly a physical attack.

Waubra clearly the club in the best shape going forward. Did I read correctly that they won 3 football flags. 18 ressies senior? Great effort

And you can sit there and tell everyone they played dirty. And nothing short of disgrace, what game where you watching? Conceeded there was a couple of undisciplined acts but hardly down right dirty all day. If it had of been the case, Im sure there would have been at least a send off or two but from memory there wasn't even too many 50's given! Harsh call saying that Adams and Jenkin are past it! Think you will find that they would still be in the top end of the better players in the league.
As for implying that the culture of the club needs improving, do you have first hand knowledge of the club? Is their a problem there? Clearly you think there is as you were happy to see them lose. If their was something wrong with the culture of the place would they have made 5 grand finals on the trot? Granted they probably should have won more than 2 flags from that many appearances but would think that if their was a 'culture' issue they wouldn't have got that far in the first place.

Sphincter, Dont want to state the obvious but pretty sure thats what you're talking out of here.

And you can sit there and tell everyone they played dirty. And nothing short of disgrace, what game where you watching? Conceeded there was a couple of undisciplined acts but hardly down right dirty all day. If it had of been the case, Im sure there would have been at least a send off or two but from memory there wasn't even too many 50's given! Harsh call saying that Adams and Jenkin are past it! Think you will find that they would still be in the top end of the better players in the league.
As for implying that the culture of the club needs improving, do you have first hand knowledge of the club? Is their a problem there? Clearly you think there is as you were happy to see them lose. If their was something wrong with the culture of the place would they have made 5 grand finals on the trot? Granted they probably should have won more than 2 flags from that many appearances but would think that if their was a 'culture' issue they wouldn't have got that far in the first place.

Agree to disagree, i think they were dirty, you don't.

I'm not necessarily saying there is a culture problem at Dford, but every club's culture can be improved and with their good youngsters coming through it doesn't set the best example.

Sccobs: The game was probably boring because of its location! Cold windy Northern Oval.

I see they are pumping more money into the Eastern Oval. Is there any truth to the rumor that they are trying to get the CHFL GF to the Eastern Oval next year? I think they should put it back to Learmonth (depending on its condition at the time), that is where the best atmosphere is at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel Adams & jenkins clearly went the man, with cheap hits while players had their heads down over the ball- It went on all day. Pretty sure jenkins wore an arm guard that would have not been approved by the league. The rules were changed along time ago to protect players & a couple of incidents that were reportable and players should have been sent off.

Who are the ordinary playes who did not deserve the medals?

I got my hands on a dvd of the gf and had a look. The trial by video reads as follows.

J Adams striking S Mullane. 2 Weeks
J.Adams striking A Gleeson 2 Weeks
J Adams striking P Dodds 2 Weeks
All should have been seen by umpires, not good enough!

None of these were ever going to seriously hurt anyone but were of reasonable force.
It was a gf and with his side down a good old blue might have been what Daylesford needed to get them cracking. Waubra showed all the class of a modern team and were disciplined enough to ignore these incidents and focus on the ball.
The other report.
Jenkins for being a goose, he hurt nobody but it was amusing watching him run around being a pest thinking he was causing damage.

Umpires need to pay attention to these things, a side with no discipline could have taken the bait and then a brawl breaks out. Next the crowd get involved, fans fighining in the stands ( at least there would be some atmosphere ) then the CHFL is in the news for all the wrong reasons, AGAIN. A little yellow card can stop all of this.

I got my hands on a dvd of the gf and had a look. The trial by video reads as follows.

J Adams striking S Mullane. 2 Weeks
J.Adams striking A Gleeson 2 Weeks
J Adams striking P Dodds 2 Weeks
All should have been seen by umpires, not good enough!

None of these were ever going to seriously hurt anyone but were of reasonable force.
It was a gf and with his side down a good old blue might have been what Daylesford needed to get them cracking. Waubra showed all the class of a modern team and were disciplined enough to ignore these incidents and focus on the ball.
The other report.
Jenkins for being a goose, he hurt nobody but it was amusing watching him run around being a pest thinking he was causing damage.

Umpires need to pay attention to these things, a side with no discipline could have taken the bait and then a brawl breaks out. Next the crowd get involved, fans fighining in the stands ( at least there would be some atmosphere ) then the CHFL is in the news for all the wrong reasons, AGAIN. A little yellow card can stop all of this.
Get over it w***er!!!

Not much news at all except newlyn have recuited very well so far. Springbank should improve. Bunningyong have most of sebas rejects. Ballan have thrown the kitchen sink justin mcconnell. Not sure how that is going. Learmonth are trying very hard for alot of lake wendouree players. Has aj beachem retired yet?

Not much news at all except newlyn have recuited very well so far. Springbank should improve. Bunningyong have most of sebas rejects. Ballan have thrown the kitchen sink justin mcconnell. Not sure how that is going. Learmonth are trying very hard for alot of lake wendouree players. Has aj beachem retired yet?

its a pity all the ballan people know j mac has signed up at north gambier as coach for another 2 years weeks ago

Mate do you lie awake in bed at night thinking up the crap you put on here or do you have a mental illness or something? A while back you reckoned Mullane-Grant was signed sealed and delivered as Ballan coach for 2012 now we've thrown the kitchen sink at McConnell. Unfortunately he is contracted to coach at North Gambier in Sth Australia which in case you didn't know is a fair hike from Ballan. Beside that we don't have the money to get anywhere near what Nth are doing for him so please stop making s**t up. I can tell you I've spoken to about 15 blokes re coaching Ballan, and Thomas or Justin ain't one of them. And not only that the position was filled last Saturday.

And not only that the position was filled last Saturday.[/quote]

ok out with it, who has filled the position? surely no harm in letting people know whats going on, u may even accidently recruit some footballers if they know who's coach and if he or she is any good.:)

I could name 2 or 3 that would not play seniors in other clubs

Yeah I reckon many of them would struggle to get a game at Redan, Sunbury, North Ballarat and a heap of other clubs.

Every side has a Robert Eddie/Raph Clarke that many on the outside think how the f**k is that * getting game. I might be biased but I think Waubra clearly had the most depth. You only have to look at the twos side they fielded in the GF.

Yeah I reckon many of them would struggle to get a game at Redan, Sunbury, North Ballarat and a heap of other clubs.

Every side has a Robert Eddie/Raph Clarke that many on the outside think how the f**k is that * getting game. I might be biased but I think Waubra clearly had the most depth. You only have to look at the twos side they fielded in the GF.

Spot on with your last point Uncle. They looked like they have plenty of depth. Did they win 18's flag too. And I suppose other clubs have bigger duds. A medals a medal I suppose no matter how much you contribute. Can't all be best on I guess

And not only that the position was filled last Saturday.

ok out with it, who has filled the position? surely no harm in letting people know whats going on, u may even accidently recruit some footballers if they know who's coach and if he or she is any good.:)[/QUOTE]

I heard he is from Gotham city

I think Batman & Robin have already signed with Newlyn along with everyone else. It could even be the Joker, with Wonder Woman also a big chance. Dick (head) Tippet is running around saying he has an open cheque book, throwing coin at...

Myles Sewell if he does not get drafted (maybe even Brad), Nathan Blomley, Tristain May, Nigel Otto, Luke Faull, Jarrod Edwards (20K) and Shane Huchinson (20K)

Huchie would be a handy pick up & great clubman...whilst at Warracknabeal he injured his knee in the 2nd game and did not watch a another game for the season despite being assist coach. Still took the 15k and the car though! He's very loyal to the $$$ and is looking to play with at least 12 clubs by the end of his career. If they get Edwards & Huchi they will get some gun footballers but also A grade floggers.

ok out with it, who has filled the position? surely no harm in letting people know whats going on, u may even accidently recruit some footballers if they know who's coach and if he or she is any good.:)

I heard he is from Gotham city[/quote]

Darren beattle is the coach at ballan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back