tjames

Draftee
May 19, 2011
ballarat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Re: Central Highlands Part 3

Shep 1 Robbie Gregg 0,

Did anyone see the Hepburn Waubra game? Big Shep must of went ok to hold Waubra's hired gun to 1 goal and get BOG. Hepburn have silenced the critics once again. Waubra close but not good enough? Who are the serious contenders to knock of the champs??? Bunny, Waubra, Beaufort?, Bunga?

Shep 1 Robbie Gregg 0,

Did anyone see the Hepburn Waubra game? Big Shep must of went ok to hold Waubra's hired gun to 1 goal and get BOG. Hepburn have silenced the critics once again. Waubra close but not good enough? Who are the serious contenders to knock of the champs??? Bunny, Waubra, Beaufort?, Bunga?

Well Beaufort have already beaten them. Plus they haven't played Clunes yet.

Went and had a look at the waubra vs hepurn clash to see if the hype surrounding waubra was true. Was pretty disappointed by them. Hepburn were the better team in a scrappy game to be honest. In fairness to waubra they looked very one dimensional (Gregg) going forward which gave sheppard lots of chances which he took and played a ripper. With no brown and mirabella up front waubra couldnt find another way to goal. Was surprised Coleman didn't play more forward seemed to play more mid and behind the ball. At the other end Pellissier did a demolition job on cox but he still managed a couple of cheap ones out the back. McKay was lively and played well for the burra but would say a team effort from the boys.

Dorward not worth the money he is on, is just a player at this stage. S. Mullane easily waubra best.

Hepburn should be flag favorites but would like to see both teams at full strength come September because it was clear they will both be there.

Went out to skipton to see the arch rivals play knowing i would get a close game despite everyones tips of 10 goal wins to carngham. Fair to say i wasnt dissapointed. Skipton looked a shadow of there former self with big man tim mckay being the difference kicking 6 and taking plenty of marks although he looked like he struggled to move. Last quarter was fantastic with carngham getting in front befor 1 last goal to tim. From an outsiders point of view the umpiring was disgusting, skipton getting 20 plus more frees. Both teams will struggle and with carngham playing the worst 2 teams first up may not win again this year. There skills were terrible and over using the ball at times cost them dearly. Enjoyed watching a close one though!:thumbsu:

that was a big call Pocket, you were obviously at the carngham v skipton game and would of seen that bad umpiring cost them the game, they kicked 22 behinds against springbank, so could be easily sitting 5 and 1 at the moment, from what i have seen expect them to cause a few upsets this year will still be pushing for the eight tho, :thumbsu:

Upsets happen, brown and mirrabella are 2 massive outs for waubra, you telling me beufort are a better team than hepburn becuase they beat them, Waubra still favourite for the flag for mine:eek:

Well Beaufort have already beaten them. Plus they haven't played Clunes yet.

We were robbed again Crackerz, going down by 4 points, and that was after 3 of our players were abducted by aliens at half time!!

We were robbed again Crackerz, going down by 4 points, and that was after 3 of our players were abducted by aliens at half time!!

I think you may have pulled the score back after half time so I guess the aliens abducted a bit of dead weight from the side.
Another blockbuster this week under lights I hear? A wet and windy Saturday night at Northern Oval against Dunnstown. 1st team to 9 goals wins.

I think you may have pulled the score back after half time so I guess the aliens abducted a bit of dead weight from the side.
Another blockbuster this week under lights I hear? A wet and windy Saturday night at Northern Oval against Dunnstown. 1st team to 9 goals wins.

the anal probes did wonders, nearly got them over the line

that was a big call Pocket, you were obviously at the carngham v skipton game and would of seen that bad umpiring cost them the game, they kicked 22 behinds against springbank, so could be easily sitting 5 and 1 at the moment, from what i have seen expect them to cause a few upsets this year will still be pushing for the eight tho, :thumbsu:

Upsets happen, brown and mirrabella are 2 massive outs for waubra, you telling me beufort are a better team than hepburn becuase they beat them, Waubra still favourite for the flag for mine:eek:

Yes slasher it seems i spoke to soon, i didnt get to see the match against rokewood as i had other plans but being an old lpfl fan i would have loved to have made the trip. The eight may be out of the question i feel dropping games to skipton and springbank will cost dearly come the end of the year. Would need to upset daylesford, buninyong, dunnstown and a couple others plus beat all the lesser teams from here on in. Good luck with it:thumbsu:

Gotta ask which half wits idea was it to play 2 teams that wear black and white striped jumpers in a night game.... did anyone go and was it just terrible to watch as a supporter?

Gotta ask which half wits idea was it to play 2 teams that wear black and white striped jumpers in a night game.... did anyone go and was it just terrible to watch as a supporter?

Clunes wore Geelong jumpers. A tribute to Bob Davis being an old Clunes boy I believe. Nice touch and also avoided the clash you mentioned.

Clunes wore Geelong jumpers. A tribute to Bob Davis being an old Clunes boy I believe. Nice touch and also avoided the clash you mentioned.

In that case very clever and a good tribute... Cos I was scratching my head at the planning of the 2 teams playing at night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey lads just out of curiosity which clubs in the CHFL consistently throw the chequebook around each year in signing new recruits?

Hey lads just out of curiosity which clubs in the CHFL consistently throw the chequebook around each year in signing new recruits?

Chasing some coin are you ? :D

Despite their own denials.... EVERYBODY knows and will tell you that there is one team that throws more money than anybody else... Hepburn... with great success as well...

Pretty fair to assume that Waubra also splash the cash...

Illabarook have been known to buy their best player a pie and a can of coke from time to time.

Illabarook is the most difficult club to spell in the chfl. Who in gods name decided there should be an " a " between b & r , ill a ba rook . Ridiculous.

Judging by the kind of folk they have at their games, I beleive it was the great great grandfather of someone local, who was considered a village idiot in surrounding regions, but they made him the mayor of Illabarook when he thought up the name. Apparently he was quite the scholar, and was heralded for his mathematical work when he discovered that 2 + 2 = 9.

Any tips for this weekend? Been very quiet one here...

Ballan v Daylesford by plenty
Bungaree v Dunnstown, in a ring ding dinger
Buninnyong v Hepburn; just at home
Clunes v Creswick; the flag fav's easily
C'linton v Beaufort; easily
Skipton v Learmonth; close
Illabarook v Gordon; three figures
Spingbank v Newlyn; could go either way 2 gls in it
Waubra v Rokewood; 70pts

Judging by the kind of folk they have at their games, I beleive it was the great great grandfather of someone local, who was considered a village idiot in surrounding regions, but they made him the mayor of Illabarook when he thought up the name. Apparently he was quite the scholar, and was heralded for his mathematical work when he discovered that 2 + 2 = 9.

Any tips for this weekend? Been very quiet one here...

Ballan v Daylesford by plenty
Bungaree v Dunnstown, in a ring ding dinger
Buninnyong v Hepburn; just at home
Clunes v Creswick; the flag fav's easily
C'linton v Beaufort; easily
Skipton v Learmonth; close
Illabarook v Gordon; three figures
Spingbank v Newlyn; could go either way 2 gls in it
Waubra v Rokewood; 70pts

Ballan v Daylesford cricket score
Bungaree v Dunnstown, free spuds for all
Buninyong v Hepburn; Bunny bubble will burst
Clunes v Creswick; mullet show
C'linton v Beaufort; close
Skipton v Learmonth; inaugural "burnt by Beachams" cup
Illabarook v Gordon; farewell game for the dogs?
Springbank v Newlyn; will perform in front of the old premiership stars
Waubra v Rokewood; another cricket score

Ok, Hepburn or Waubra to win the flag? Daylesford seem to be hitting their straps Bunnys on their day a chance but failed badly when it counted. Beaufort showed guts on the weekend but wont get away with giving those leads to good sides. No other sides in the hunt, maybe Clunes after another super victory against Creswick.

I'm playing at trentham at the moment but I previously played with a few guys who went to clunes in Justin johns Lawrence langfeild and Dale Collins how are these guys going and are clunes having a crack? Just looking to see were these guys fit in the chfl compared to other comps they have played in

Beaufort vs Skipton could go either way
Clunes vs Waubra by how far
Creswick vs Buninyong will come out firing after losing last week
Daylesford vs Carngham Linton another could go either way
Dunnstown vs Illabarook a one sided affair 100pts
Gordon vs Ballan should be a good game
Hepburn vs Bungaree by 5 goals
Learmonth vs Springbank by 2-4 goals
Newlyn vs Rokewood-Corindhap 2-3 goals but could go either way

Looking at the remaining draw, I think the 8 is all but settled but possibly Bungaree to replace Newlyn. The cats have a few losses to come yet i think. Gordon, look as right at rain, and the Town should manage with their run as well.Not that the bottom half of the 8 to go too far, but an upset or 2 is possible.
Sadly I think Clunes have left their run a bit late. But if anyone can do it they can! Good luck.

I think just the one goal umpire will be required for Hepburn Illabarook this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back