Game Day Carlton V Collingwood at Ikon Park, Sunday 9 January, 4.10 Watch on Ch7, Kayo, Fox or AFLW/AFL site

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFLW could be so much better, if th umpires actually applied the rules.
So many htb that were not paid, but oh so obvious.
Paying these obvious frees achieves two things. Opens up the game. And makes the players understand that this is a pressure game and you don’t have time to take the second option.

They paid every HTB against us though...

Paying these obvious frees achieves two things. Opens up the game. And makes the players understand that this is a pressure game and you don’t have time to take the second option.

i disagree. Some of the girls are already choosing to standback from a contest in order to tackle rather than take the ball.

Umps seemed to allow players a heap of time to get rid of the footy, but were hot on the tackler holding on too long instead. If it’s an attempt to minimise congestion I don’t mind the intent, however the balance between awarding and penalising the tackler seemed a bit out today.

Women are a lot more prone to ACL's than men so it's something we will see a lot as women get more professional and stronger in the legs. AFL puts massive strain on your knees at the best of times with constant 360 degree body twists and rotations.

Women are a lot more prone to ACL's than men so it's something we will see a lot as women get more professional and stronger in the legs. AFL puts massive strain on your knees at the best of times with constant 360 degree body twists and rotations.
Is this a proven fact or a theory?

" Women have a wider pelvis, which means the thigh bones angle down more sharply than men and put more pressure on the inside of the knee"

They also have thinner and weaker ligaments than men
Thanks Doc.

We dominated the game, even in the first quarter but couldn't convert those shots. Carlton should be thankful, as we should have been 5 goals up before we started scoring. There was clearly 1 scoring end haha. Whether that was to do with the breeze, or what, I'm not sure.

Once those goals came from 50 metre penalities, the scoreboard evened up to what the game actually looked like. Then in the 2nd half we really got going. We had it under control from quarter time, I'd say.

Ended sourly with Bri's injury in those dying minutes of the game. We can only cross our fingers its not as bad (or at least ACL bad) as it looked. Either way, we'll need to find a way to replace her.

The defenders were kicking goals from left to right and didn't we love it. Ruby is such a dominated force now. 100% best defender in the league. She reminds me so much of Darcy Moore.

The goal by Allen was so good. Simple boundary drop punt. Such a sight. Probably my favourite of the day.

I thought the debutants showed something, whether it was contest work, marking, kicking.

I thought Sabrina did okay. Provided a contest, or bought the ball to ground. Adjusting to a new game plan and new teammates isn't always easy. The more she plays with this bunch, the better work we'll get from her.

This was Tarni's quietest game, i've seen of her, to the point I forgot she was even playing.

The irish girls did quite well. Sarah especially had a really good game, with her pace around the ground.

Molloy a quiet game as well. She was held by her opposition pretty well, she did a good job on chloe. And maybe its a bit of first game jitters.

Anyway, a win is a win..

Onto saints, who i've confident we can beat.

Is this a proven fact or a theory?

I think the stats back this up. There’s evidence that women are more prone to knee injuries.

The good news is that there’s research into this, including prevention.

In fact the explosion of women playing footy has generated a whole lot of research into female athletes and their injuries, including the impact of the menstrual cycle. Some AFLW programs are even being tailored around individual cycles as these can affect the ‘proneness’ to injuries and performance at training and in games.

To conclude this lecture, women playing footy get injured and there are reasons why some injuries are more common.

I hope Bri Davey has avoided an ACL this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the stats back this up. There’s evidence that women are more prone to knee injuries.

The good news is that there’s research into this, including prevention.

In fact the explosion of women playing footy has generated a whole lot of research into female athletes and their injuries, including the impact of the menstrual cycle. Some AFLW programs are even being tailored around individual cycles as these can affect the ‘proneness’ to injuries and performance at training and in games.

To conclude this lecture, women playing footy get injured and there are reasons why some injuries are more common.

I hope Bri Davey has avoided an ACL this time.
All good VP but I do take issue with the statement "women have unique health care needs".

They certainly do but so do men - which is never covered by the slavering media.

Women have a huge - almost - mandate with government and the medical profession thanks to the strident cries from WLM.

Men have just as many - but different - needs which are largely glossed over by the media and government in favor of the constant fawning over the WLM.

Men can be their own worst enemy by 'manning up' but that is NOT a reason for the medical profession to soft pedal.

All good VP but I do take issue with the statement "women have unique health care needs".

They certainly do but so do men - which is never covered by the slavering media.

Women have a huge - almost - mandate with government and the medical profession thanks to the strident cries from WLM.

Men have just as many - but different - needs which are largely glossed over by the media and government in favor of the constant fawning over the WLM.

Men can be their own worst enemy by 'manning up' but that is NOT a reason for the medical profession to soft pedal.

I agree with some of your points, but I wasn't posting to make a political point, but rather to identify the differences in injury rates, causes and research into prevention and treatments.

I agree with some of your points, but I wasn't posting to make a political point, but rather to identify the differences in injury rates, causes and research into prevention and treatments.
No I know you weren't VP but I never let an opportunity to point out the 'reverse inequality' practiced by both govt and media.

The WLF never sleep in their campaign against men so if it's good enough for them . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back