Game Day Carlton V Collingwood at Ikon Park, Sunday 9 January, 4.10 Watch on Ch7, Kayo, Fox or AFLW/AFL site

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like an ACL, which l believe she has done before in 2018. Going to leave a massive hole in our midfield....
My fault. Happened literally 5 minutes after I put down a fifty on an AFLW Pies premiership. 🙄🤮

Could they talk up Vescio any further? Done SFA all game and commentators reckon she will turn it in the last 10mins? Seriously, put a sock in it.
She/He/They are performance fluid.

That’s four wins out of six AFLW games against Carlton. Seems about right although another one or two would be better.:p

Devastated if Davey has done an ACL.

Wrong. It’s three out of three.☹️

Well what to make of that?
Thought we looked a mid table team to be honest.
With bri going down that will seriously dint our challenge…albeit I thought we were hammered today in the midfield. So maybe that gives a chance to tarni and mikaela to pick up the slack.
Also consider running Chloe through the mid as well.

EJ will be a player!! Was fantastic in the last.
Sabrina presented and contests well. So that will get better and be much better for us.
Defence was great.
Chloe had minimal impact…need to find a way to get her into the game because she is easily the best player in the league when she is given opportunity.
good win, move on and let’s see what next week brings…

Devastated for Davey.

On the game, not sure what to make of it.

As usual Bonnici and Lambert stand up game after game, Livingstone a rock.

Rowe and Ruby good game also.

Expected more from Frederick based on what I had read.

Anyway, 4 points is 4 points.

Oh and thank you Carlton so undisciplined.

Player stats.

Player D
K
HB
M
HO
T
G.B
24 Sophie Alexander8443011.1
6 Jordyn Allen15785011.0
8 Brittany Bonnici191544070.1
26 Tarni Brown5232050.0
23 Lauren Butler10734010.0
25 Mikala Cann9362010.0
22 Sophie Casey5323010.0
32 Eloise Chaston2021010.0
17 Stephanie Chiocci15873020.1
3 Brianna Davey16972080.0
30 Alison Downie9451611.0
15 Erica Fowler6421320.0
1 Sabrina Frederick6242010.0
20 Eliza James8712030.0
13 Jaimee Lambert221485050.1
12 Stacey Livingstone6602010.0
2 Chloe Molloy8711020.3
50 Ebony O'Dea6331000.0
7 Sarah Rowe211654031.0
18 Ruby Schleicher151058001.0
14 Aishling Sheridan9453041.0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've watched every AFLW game since it started and Frederick wasn't that good in Brisbane,

she was absolutely useless at Richmond and going on today its going to be the same for us

don't know why they have wasted a list spot on her
Saw a couple of Richmond games and agree wasn't that impressive.

I've watched every AFLW game since it started and Frederick wasn't that good in Brisbane,

she was absolutely useless at Richmond and going on today its going to be the same for us

That why we did not give a Ton up for her

Shattering for Davey if that’s an ACL.

Bank the 4 points and move on.

Of the new players, James showed a bit, Chaston had nothing go her way. Good to get games into these draftees. Frederick offered pretty much as i expected, will be better for the run you’d think. Downie struggled in the ruck but I thought her work after that was pretty good. She’s got big shoes to fill.

With respect, complete disagree.
She competed extremely well and didn’t get out marked.
it’s game 1….let’s judge her after the season.
But she presented well and competed well. As the team works it out…so will she.
I think by end of season we’ll find she was more than handy for what we paid for her!!

I liked her contested marking but she needs to be better with her skills. She’s been in the system long enough, she shouldn’t be missing easy trigger hand passes and the decision to play on amongst three Blues standing around her was bewildering.

Hopefully with some direction from the coaching staff she can straighten up those flaws because I definitely prefer her as our big bodied forward option to Alexander.

Also Rowe played out of her skin today, more of that please.

I thought the same thing at the time of recruitment.
Maybe they panicked after Sharni pulled plug.
I miss Sharni….

With respect, complete disagree.
She competed extremely well and didn’t get out marked.
it’s game 1….let’s judge her after the season.
But she presented well and competed well. As the team works it out…so will she.
I think by end of season we’ll find she was more than handy for what we paid for her!!

i tend to agree. She also rucked in the forward line.

Devasted for Davey, 🤞its not an ACL, but you feel it would be, looking at her emotions when walking off.
Thought Rowe, Bonnici, Lambert, Allen and Butler were very good. Our backline is definitely our strength, and again they stood up today. Allen looks an absolute beauty, and has developed nicely.
Eliza James looks exciting, and l think Chaston will get better. Frederick looks really slow, but provides a contest.
Hopefully Porter is back soon, we could probably use her pace through that midfield....Go Pies!!

AFLW could be so much better, if th umpires actually applied the rules.
So many htb that were not paid, but oh so obvious.
Paying these obvious frees achieves two things. Opens up the game. And makes the players understand that this is a pressure game and you don’t have time to take the second option.
It’s the attempt at disposal bullshit that annoys me in both the men’s and women’s competition. Blatant incorrect disposals are called play on, yet they’ll whistle Davey for holding the ball because a tackler had laid an ineffective tackle on her, despite the fact that Davey’s hands were still free and she was still able to fire off a perfect handpass unencumbered by the piss weak tackling effort applied to her.

Kinda shit when you compare the two situations and it’s the strong, effective player being penalised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back