Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

👍

Hewett’s hot start
Stats after five games

Disposals: 114 (ranked No.2 at Carlton)
Clearances: 33 (ranked No.1 at Carlton, No.10 in AFL)
Tackles: 30 (ranked No.1 at Carlton, No.15 in AFL)
Contested possessions: 56 (ranked No.2 at Carlton)
Centre bounce attendances: 110 (ranked No.3 at Carlton)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a really good read.

I love Hoyney's insights - he is right more often than he is wrong and this is a really good insight to what happens when we play both TDK & Pitto vs TDK on his own:

This is a really good read.

I love Hoyney's insights - he is right more often than he is wrong and this is a really good insight to what happens when we play both TDK & Pitto vs TDK on his own:
Not sure the stats from 2 or even last season are relevant, as the turnover layers were really only cemented this year

Yes, more relevant how you are playing versus who, but the better metric is when, which encompasses both

Another thing I found interesting from Hoyne:

So over the last couple of years, when it’s just been De Koning, Carlton has won the turnover game 60 per cent of the time, 6 out of 10 on average. They win it by 7 points per game. That profile there is going to take you a long way, that's going to take you very close to a Preliminary Final weekend.

When they both play, they’ve won the turnover game 6 of 14 times & that will be very fortunate to take you to a Finals campaign let alone further than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing I found interesting from Hoyne:
And yet when they both played together late last year we beat Collingwood, Melbourne, St kilda and Gold Coast. And then went on to beat the Swans and Melbourne in actual finals.

It's a bit strange to use the analogy to say that it won't take you to finals let alone further than that when it did and it did.

Not arguing the semantics and understand that we need to determine whether we prioritise turnovers or clearance dominance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back