Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Continued from Part 3:

Last edited:
Bloody hell. How did Mick think Ratten was treated, while he waited in the background for him to be sacked? Mick knows Ratten wouldn't have been sacked if it wasn't for his availability. ******* hypocrite.
Eh. Malthouse is not interested in introspection, he very much knows how the game's played. He's in it purely for the money now, and if it produces content for him - and it does - he's not going to care what it says about him. And it's not like he has any other means to earn a living now, anyway. He's been in footy his entire life; don't know if he's ever done a trade or got a degree, but it's pretty late in life to be launching a new career.

I begrudge Malthouse his time at Carlton, and will til the day I die, but he's earning a living off the media now, and unlike the majority of them he wouldn't be on very much. And he's old.

Bloody hell. How did Mick think Ratten was treated, while he waited in the background for him to be sacked? Mick knows Ratten wouldn't have been sacked if it wasn't for his availability. ******* hypocrite.

He turned up with two intentions - to get the coaching games record and earn a nice retirement fund.

That's a bloody disgrace. The club put their faith in him, showed him respect and he lead us to the shitter because his heart was clearly never in it.

Channel 9 sport tonight leads off with the story of the non sacking of a coach......in week 1 of the finals. Staggering.
I expect Caro and Cornes will have a field day with us tonight on FC 🙄

Shows like FC are toxic. Just a bunch of gossipers that think they can get away with, “I talk to a lot of people in the industry, I know stuff and you are going to get a call” as Eddie said to Lyon. My favorite is “my sources can reveal” when you consider that AFL industry sources contain the likes of Tom Browne and Tom Morris, well, you know...

Our ITK’s on here know more than they do and it’s bloody clear.

And if I remember correctly Malthouse stated publicly many times he was willing and ready to coach, right around the time Ratten was looking like getting the ass. He is a ******* hypocrite of the highest order, and a liar to boot. We are in this position now partly cause of the crap Malthouse left us in.

Shows like FC are toxic. Just a bunch of gossipers that think they can get away with, “I talk to a lot of people in the industry, I know stuff and you are going to get a call” as Eddie said to Lyon. My favorite is “my sources can reveal” when you consider that AFL industry sources contain the likes of Tom Browne and Tom Morris, well, you know...

Our ITK’s on here know more than they do and it’s bloody clear.
Browne and Morris aren't sources.
They have sources. Caro has honed top shelf sources...Browne...yeah? Not so much.

Liam Pickering's scathing attack on Patrick Cripps. (in hs tomorrow)

Story behind a paywall...

Pickering, who was speaking on a SEN platform, took aim at Cripps’ on-field impact and his injury history, saying the onballer was no longer an A-Grader.

“I don’t think he is (an A-Grader). The way he has played for the past two years, I think he has been pretty ordinary,” Pickering said.

This is his game at the weekend - he had 17 disposals, no kicks, 17 handballs, and negative three metres gained.

He has had a drop-off for two years. Is it injury? Yeah it probably is. Maybe.”
I just read the article. Pretty spot on I reckon.....and we gave him 6 ******* years...

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

if anybody wants to read the article where pickering goes in on Crippa
Where was Pickering to advise Teague how to handle the appalling Press conferences he conducted?
Now Pickering is suddenly an expert on Cripps. Clearly he has been briefed by Teague. Imagine Cripps having to play under Teague again?
I am sick and tired of everyone making excuses for Teague. He should never have been appointed as full-time coach.
Sack him and be done with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if anybody wants to read the article where pickering goes in on Crippa

If that was off the cuff (which I'd say it was unless Pickering was sent a list of questions prior) and unless Teague had already addressed what was said with Cripps (which he should have) I doubt he'd be too impressed, even if he's convinced he is losing his job.

Players also need to stop this tough guy s**t, injections in your back to play at 70% ffs. We have 40 something players on the list.

The way the game is these days you just get found out trying to "play through".

If that was off the cuff (which I'd say it was unless Pickering was sent a list of questions prior) and unless Teague had already addressed what was said with Cripps (which he should have) I doubt he'd be too impressed, even if he's convinced he is losing his job.

Players also need to stop this tough guy sh*t, injections in your back to play at 70% ffs. We have 40 something players on the list.

The way the game is these days you just get found out trying to "play through".

He's had to play through pain for years he knows no other way. He was getting back injections to get out onto the park.

He also would have wanted to play in Murph's, Eddie's and Meats last games. Once we were out of the finals and if wasn't going to do long term damage perhaps he's earned that right.

The selection committee in the future has be to be strong enough to say sorry Crippa we need you to get fit.

Another article on Pickering/Cripps, which contains the video of the comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's Pickering's angle, then: deflection.

Putting it out there that it's not Teague who's bad, it's the club who 'failed to support him' and a captain who has actively undermined him.

He's had to play through pain for years he knows no other way. He was getting back injections to get out onto the park.

He also would have wanted to play in Murph's, Eddie's and Meats last games. Once we were out of the finals and if wasn't going to do long term damage perhaps he's earned that right.

The selection committee in the future has be to be strong enough to say sorry Crippa we need you to get fit.

Given he's an old fashion country boy I hear what you're saying, he would have been brought up that way but this is professional football and there are other ways, he ain't down on the farm with no help.

Re selection committee, a lot of it is left to the individual to make the call and he would be his worst enemy given the above. The thing is the game finds you out nowadays if you aren't close to a 100 percent.

Once again that's why we have a list of 40.

What seems a bit strange is Pickering suggesting he's making excuses (later in the season) so if we take his character of one who pushes through it doesn't seem to add up.

Is Pickering suggesting that Cripps has stopped playing for his coach and is that based off Teague calling Cripps out later in the season?

a bit about David Teague in this Ron Reed article, an old school proper journalist 👍

also I never knew the club sacked Percy Jones as coach in 1980 after we finished (equal) top - now that is ruthless!

a bit about David Teague in this Ron Reed article, an old school proper journalist 👍

also I never knew the club sacked Percy Jones as coach in 1980 after we finished (equal) top - now that is ruthless!

They would have won 2 less premierships if they didn't. Percy was not the man to get the best out of that group.

Where tf is Robbo? Not seen him on 360 for ages and seen 2 bits of nothing written for the rag in weeks.
Gotta be some goss around the traps surely, probably on an AA incarceration but just very strange

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where tf is Robbo? Not seen him on 360 for ages and seen 2 bits of nothing written for the rag in weeks.
Gotta be some goss around the traps surely, probably on an AA incarceration but just very strange

Amazing how quiet meja can be when it's one of their own.

Gerard said that he wished him well, and that Robbo would address it when the time is right. No one seems to know exactly what's happened, but he's never been a figure of health.

Health concerns, recovering from something. Has sounded reasonably serious when mentioned by some of his colleagues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back