Meltdown Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh wow! Clubs make plans! You need to contact some sort of newsman and get this out there! People need to know!

I was responding to a poster who said Carltank would win a flag in the next 4 years... so yeah, it seemed pretty relevant to point out that this year is the third time in 12 years that the Carlton board have said more or less the same thing - with zero results

The 2011 "Blue Print" even promised two flags by the end of the 2015 season :D “Our core business is football and success on the field is what this Club is about. We will be uncompromising in our pursuit of this success. This Strategic Plan is more than just words and ideas; it has meaning" said Carlton President Stephen Kernahan

For those who have memory-holed reality, the actual results were:

2011 5th, won 1 final
2012 10th
2013 9th*
2014 13th
2015 18th WOODEN SPOON :D

:$

Ah, Carlton do need to catch Collingwood as they have just established themselves as the best team in the competition, whilst Carlton are somewhere well below.

The flag count is irrelevant to me. Collingwood have always been the #1 team in the competition since the beginning of the league in 1897.

So Fudgey - your flag win is therefore 'irrelevant'...

bookmarked:thumbsu:

I was responding to a poster who said Carltank would win a flag in the next 4 years
You know Max Gawn said that every year at Melbourne he started the year thinking they could win the Premiership?

True.

Where is the welching flog who bet his av??

You know Max Gawn said that every year at Melbourne he started the year thinking they could win the Premiership?

It's one thing for a senior player to say I believe we can win it in March... when your board says every 5 years that you're going to win one or two, it starts to ring a bit hollow - especially when you have barely even played finals

But feel free to keep drinking the Kool-Aid

1696209538644.png

Where is the welching flog who bet his av??

It's one thing for a senior player to say I believe we can win it in March... when your board says every 5 years that you're going to win one or two, it starts to ring a bit hollow - especially when you have barely even played finals

But feel free to keep drinking the Kool-Aid

View attachment 1819721
HOW DARE a sports club run membership promotion programs with big claims!

Disgusting!

Are you trolling again? Come on.
I'll be wearing a Carlton guernsey on support of my long suffering Carlton friends the next time they play in a Grand Final, in the same way as I did for my Richmond supporting friends in 2017.

I'm not sure many neutrals were wearing Collingwood jumpers on the weekend. There is a reason for that...

I'll be wearing a Carlton guernsey on support of my long suffering Carlton friends the next time they play in a Grand Final, in the same way as I did for my Richmond supporting friends in 2017.

I'm not sure many neutrals were wearing Collingwood jumpers on the weekend. There is a reason for that...
Think the reason "neutrals" weren't wearing Pies jumpers is pretty simple...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comprehension not a strength as usual?

I said the 'flag count' is irrelevant.

Everyone knows the Magpies are the #1 team in the history comp, regardless of whether we're one behind, one ahead, or equal with any other teams.
oh "Flag Count " is irrelevant LOL

so this Flag doesn't count ...flags dont count...

oh my..keep digging

oh "Flag Count " is irrelevant LOL

so this Flag doesn't count ...flags dont count...

oh my..keep digging
Indeed.

I don't care for the fact that Collingwood are now sitting on 16 flags, in the same way I didn't care for the fact they held the 'record' of 13 flags for multiple decades.

The flag count has just been a coping mechanism for a couple of clubs who have been completely irrelevant for the better part of my adult life.

Indeed.

I don't care for the fact that Collingwood are now sitting on 16 flags, in the same way I didn't care for the fact they held the 'record' of 13 flags for multiple decades.

The flag count has just been a coping mechanism for a couple of clubs who have been completely irrelevant for the better part of my adult life.
Why of course you are the center of the universe

lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back