Meltdown Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is fine to question GWS premiership credentials in a GWS thread after a second loss in 3 weeks.
If you DID want to get into the nitty gritty of it though: their poor performances have both come away from home where their opposition play well. Carlton's came at the G - one neutral and one basically home (all those Blues supporters vs Geelong).

GWS missing multiple A grade midfielders (or an A grade midfielder and the best defender in the comp against Carlton) hurts them more than Carlton's cast of flankers plus Gov. Their midfield depth is poor (at least one good rotation less than the Blues) so it's equivalent to Carlton missing Cripps and Hewett, then Walsh goes down in the first 10 minutes of a game.

This is what I've been saying. Missing multiple A grade midfielders or KPP's hurts more than being without some average and some good flankers.

Nonetheless GWS were terrible and obviously their credentials take a hit today. Their supporters certainly won't be crying about it like you guys.

Only if you took it that way.n

More people attacking my club than actually considering what I posted. I guess that is the main board these days.

disingenuous /dĭs″ĭn-jĕn′yoo͞-əs/

adjective​

1. Not straightforward or candid; insincere or calculating.
  2. Pretending to be unaware or unsophisticated; faux-naïf.
  3. Unaware or uninformed; naive.

If you DID want to get into the nitty gritty of it though: their poor performances have both come away from home where their opposition play well. Carlton's came at the G - one neutral and one basically home (all those Blues supporters vs Geelong).

GWS missing multiple A grade midfielders (or an A grade midfielder and the best defender in the comp against Carlton) hurts them more than Carlton's cast of flankers plus Gov. Their midfield depth is poor (at least one good rotation less than the Blues) so it's equivalent to Carlton missing Cripps and Hewett, then Walsh goes down in the first 10 minutes of a game.

This is what I've been saying. Missing multiple A grade midfielders or KPP's hurts more than being without some average and some good flankers.

Nonetheless GWS were terrible and obviously their credentials take a hit today. Their supporters certainly won't be crying about it like you guys.

I don't think it's necessary to discuss Carlton.

GWS have failed two tests over the last three weeks. Essendon in Melbourne is no certainty and they face an unbeaten Geelong side not long after.

Injuries shouldn't be an excuse, the best sides as I have been told can handle that. So it will be interesting to see how they go from here.

disingenuous /dĭs″ĭn-jĕn′yoo͞-əs/

adjective​

1. Not straightforward or candid; insincere or calculating.
  2. Pretending to be unaware or unsophisticated; faux-naïf.
  3. Unaware or uninformed; naive.

No need to assume the worst in people because they support a certain club.

You poor darling! A victim complex post has been doubled down on by the responses to it. Why won't people leave you and your poor club alone?

I have no issues with people discussing Carlton in the right threads and as you know i am always generslly there. It's a shame this one unrelated to Carlton is now getting derailed when one poster wants to discuss the game and the clubs involved whilst the others want to discuss the team he supports.

I don't think it's necessary to discuss Carlton.

GWS have failed two tests over the last three weeks. Essendon in Melbourne is no certainty and they face an unbeaten Geelong side not long after.

Injuries shouldn't be an excuse, the best sides as I have been told can handle that. So it will be interesting to see how they go from here.
It is because your first post "I guess GWS are no good now. That's how it works right." was a very salty dig at people criticising Carlton last night. So you quite obviously are demanding some kind of justice. And people have criticised GWS in the same way.

In reality you just don't like that in Carlton's case their chest beating, excuse wheeling, whinging supporters were put back in their box at the same time. That hasn't happened with GWS supporters as they realise where their side is at and are not playing the victim card.

I have no issues with people discussing Carlton in the right threads and as you know i am always generslly there. It's a shame this one unrelated to Carlton is now getting derailed when one poster wants to discuss the game and the clubs involved whilst the others want to discuss the team he supports.
Whatever, you achieved your mission.

I look forward to similar complaining in other match day threads: "Where are the comments about THIS sides premiership credentials then? Or is it just my Blues?!".

It is because your first post "I guess GWS are no good now. That's how it works right." was a very salty dig at people criticising Carlton last night. So you quite obviously are demanding some kind of justice. And people have criticised GWS in the same way.

In reality you just don't like that in Carlton's case their chest beating, excuse wheeling, whinging supporters were put back in their box at the same time. That hasn't happened with GWS supporters as they realise where their side is at and are not playing the victim card.

People have also written off Port Adelaide based on a similar run. You took it as a Carlton thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People have also written off Port Adelaide based on a similar run. You took it as a Carlton thing.
Welcome to game day threads and hot takes as a match unfolds. It works better when you give your hot take and move on rather than "Is THIS how it works, folks??". Which is an entirely pointless way to engage in discussion.

Welcome to game day threads and hot takes as a match unfolds. It works better when you give your hot take and move on rather than "Is THIS how it works, folks??". Which is an entirely pointless way to engage in discussion.

You played the man and were wrong.

The only thing you took from my initial post is the club I support. How boring.

You played the man and were wrong.

The only thing you took from my initial post is the club I support. How boring.
Yeah, sure. Everybody believes you. Starting with a sarcastic post with no substance will usually lead to that.

You could still give your thoughts on who the top few premiership favourites are and why, and how that has changed with recent games. You won't though. Like you said: how boring.

Yeah, sure. Everybody believes you. Starting with a sarcastic post with no substance will usually lead to that.

You could still give your thoughts on who the top few premiership favourites are and why, and how that has changed with recent games. You won't though. Like you said: how boring.

Post #246, in reply to a poster who saw past the team I support and gave his own opinion.

We got absolutely belted and really deserved to lose by 4-5 goals.

Club needs to realise we are miles off.

Maybe the club does?

And that they’ve just been poor at taking the fans along on that journey?

So there's a bay 13 and main board version of this thread, it's not that long ago everyone was telling us Swans/Eagles was the AFL's biggest rivalry.

So there's a bay 13 and main board version of this thread, it's not that long ago everyone was telling us Swans/Eagles was the AFL's biggest rivalry.
This is literally the first time I have heard this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back