Captaincy / Leadership group

Remove this Banner Ad

he is a sook, why would you care about the opinion of someone you have no regard for
Please specify "who i have no regard for'
Is it Petty or the poster i replied too which was not you

For the record i don't know either
I also doubt any AFL player is actually a "sook".
It is just a term fans like to throw about all to frequently

Please specify "who i have no regard for'
Is it Petty or the poster i replied too which was not you

For the record i don't know either
I also doubt any AFL player is actually a "sook".
It is just a term fans like to throw about all to frequently
I was talking about petty, why would you let a comment from an opponent effect you like that, and in the moment he was a sook, the only difference between what Melbourne players have done and what Zorko did is that one had a cry about it

Seems to me that many people should be eating humble pie now that further information has been revealed about the Zorko sledge.( I totally disregard the Beams comments.)
It is now stated that Zorko has been targeted by Melbourne players. He had been sledged about his own family and wfe prior to his own nasty sledge which was made more dramatic by the Petty tearful reaction (whose Mum is not dying and does not have Cancer ). Caro Wilson, Mark Robinson and Ross Lyon have praised Zorkos restraint in dealing with the issue onfield and not directly implicating the Nelbourne offenders.
It has been interesting to note that those with previous dislike for Zorks want to ignore the context of the incident to continue to push for destruction of his record as a Footballer and Captain and the impact on this vendetta on his own personal health.

Sent from my SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I rescind my comments about Zorko and the captaincy. Lack of information combined with the disappointment regarding the Melbourne game meant I jumped the gun and was quick to single someone out as a coping mechanism.

Zorko gave as good as he got in this case I suppose. Besides that, hopefully, these new developments put the situation to bed - we have a final to win!

I'm livid at the way Melbourne has done zorko dirty like this.

On SM-A536E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely.

After both clubs resolved the issues on the night (obviously now more than just the ONE issue) , someone leaked the now out of context remark made by Zorko to the media.

Impossible to think someone in our own club did so, so how did the specifics of ot get out?

This is after there was a "gentlemen's" agreement to let the issue die on the night.

As Caro said , when Gawn wanted to have another cracking a few days later, Zorko had no option but to make a Statement.

Now .....boy oh boy wowee!!

Look what the cat dragged in

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have seen screen shots of him slamming the club, Hates Zorks and Fages, has fallen out with most of the playing group, even Cammy and others that were close don’t have contact anymore.

Saw him saying stuff like ‘I went up and took the piss out of that joint’ - ‘I’m the only good thing that’s happened to that place’, ‘fages couldn’t coach under 12s’.

There is a lot of animosity between him and the club.
Disappointing from Beams as the club went over and above to (a) acquire him and gave a lot get him and (b) accommodated him and his family by getting him to the club, giving him time away from the club and then (c) trade him back to Melbourne per his wishes after his Dad passed.

The only silver lining is what Colllingwood gave us to get him back (nothing to do with Dayne) so to then crap all over the club like he has done to Collingwood at times (after what they have done for him) reeks of self-entitlement of the highest order. Amazes me that people pander to this guy and get him on shows like BB - perhaps that says more about society, I don't know.

Disappointing from Beams as the club went over and above to (a) acquire him and gave a lot get him and (b) accommodated him and his family by getting him to the club, giving him time away from the club and then (c) trade him back to Melbourne per his wishes after his Dad passed.

The only silver lining is what Colllingwood gave us to get him back (nothing to do with Dayne) so to then crap all over the club like he has done to Collingwood at times (after what they have done for him) reeks of self-entitlement of the highest order. Amazes me that people pander to this guy and get him on shows like BB - perhaps that says more about society, I don't know.

Beams is a piece of s**t, sadly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was talking about petty, why would you let a comment from an opponent effect you like that, and in the moment he was a sook, the only difference between what Melbourne players have done and what Zorko did is that one had a cry about it
Players having a cry at AFL level does not suggest they are a sook
As i mentioned in a previous post some players from every losing grand final have a bit of a cry (emotion takes over) Other finals also affect players
Cam Rayner was in similar state after missing that goal after the siren. Young Cumberland from Richmond recently. The list goes on
I don't like the term "sook" used for guys that play a hard contact sport like AFL, NRL, Union

If one of our players was called a sook i would call that out also

As i mentioned in a previous post some players from every losing grand final have a bit of a cry (emotion takes over) Other finals also affect players
Cam Rayner was in similar state after missing that goal after the siren. Young Cumberland from Richmond recently. The list goes on
I don't like the term "sook" used for guys that play a hard contact sport like AFL, NRL, Union

Okay - fair point. So what do you make of Petty’s emotions and the absolute pile on that has happened to Zorks since… is Dayne deserving of an apology from Petty, Gawn and the MFC?

Your exact examples were on field football moments, not what some peanut opposition play has said to you

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Okay - fair point. So what do you make of Petty’s emotions and the absolute pile on that has happened to Zorks since… is Dayne deserving of an apology from Petty, Gawn and the MFC?
I have no idea what the Melbourne players said to Zorko
All conjecture at present. Could be very true or not so much
Nothing has been confirmed by Melbourne Football Club yet
If the Melbourne players said similar or worse comments to Zorkos then yes, an apology from all involved including the Club.

If Gawn made similar comments or worse than Zorkos i would think Gawn should apologise and also consider his captancy as should Zorko
Those type of comments from Club Captains should not be tolerated

Maybe some good will come out of all this and players will just shut up and play the game
The new umpires abuse rule has all but shut the players up in that area.
Who knows maybe that umpire frustration is being transferred to the oppossition team players

I’d like to apologise to Dayne for calling for him to stand down as captain.

I believed he had made a comment about Petty’s mum, who was unwell. My comments were based on that. That is now untrue. I’ve learnt a lesson there.

I don’t like that Dayne was embroiled in the mess that was Friday night as captain, and his leadership needs to improve, but I called for something without having the correct information.

He may have said something equally as cutting, who knows, but I made assumptions and made strong comments based on incorrect info, so you gotter put your hand up.

You have perfectly expressed how I feel as well.

Reacted to rumours of cancer comment because I hate cancer, hate the effect on both the person and their families. Hate everything about it.

Feel for zorks now. Stuff happened on field and I jumped on the he's out of line bandwagon.

Should have known better. I'm sorry Dane - I'll do better in future.

You could see Zorks shaking his head as they walked off the ground when May and others were pretending they were holier than thou.

Melbourne grabbed the narrative of this and Zorks sucked it up thinking it would go away and ultimately to protect his own family from any malicious gossip getting out there.

He's a good guy ,I don't care what anyone else thinks , a good captain and has the respect of the players and the club.

It could potentially be his last game next week so let's hope it's a good one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back