'BT' and Darcy: The Worst Commentary Team in History?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh no, there is another Bulldogs game this Saturday night.... will have to have the radio (and mute button) ready to go, only problem is Saturday night is usually the B or C team for the radio call..

Oh no, there is another Bulldogs game this Saturday night.... will have to have the radio (and mute button) ready to go, only problem is Saturday night is usually the B or C team for the radio call..

Not only will BT and co be commentating our game this week, but also the week after when we play your mob. So there's plenty more "package" references to come over the next couple of weeks.

Not only will BT and co be commentating our game this week, but also the week after when we play your mob. So there's plenty more "package" references to come over the next couple of weeks.

good thing ill be at the game and not have to listen to it..... that is unless we win and i watch the replay on foxtel.

I think he meaning to call him "The Package" as a nickname.

Either a McAvaney tribute act or BT is at a new low.

After about the 15th time calling Stringer "The Package" I had to switch the TV off and walk away, to keep my sanity.

The only thing I hear him say more on a Saturday night, when I haven't got him on mute, is "Geelong Falcons football factory"

BT just called Liam Picken as 'Marcus Picken'. Goose!

Is it just me or is BT less of a dickhead tonight as he has to play 2nd fiddle to Bruce ?
When he's the leader on saturday nights with Darcy he's a total pain in the arse to listen too.
It's not just you.

It happens usually whenever BT takes second fiddle. Clearly the role of being number one caller adds pressure which doesn't work as he tries to sell the game through unneeded theatrics and cringeworthy story lines.

I hope 7 realise that he is much better in the position playing second fiddle, and use him in this role in the future as it suits him.

It really does seem to me that he has been told to be that way on Saturday nights for some strange reason. I actually thought he was superb tonight and added to the atmosphere of the game... I never think he's superb!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not just you.

It happens usually whenever BT takes second fiddle. Clearly the role of being number one caller adds pressure which doesn't work as he tries to sell the game through unneeded theatrics and cringeworthy story lines.

I hope 7 realise that he is much better in the position playing second fiddle, and use him in this role in the future as it suits him.

3AW learnt this the hard way. That's why BT is so good on MMM because he is second maybe third fiddle behind JB & Gaz.

He is so much better when he can concentrate on the game rather than trying to make banter. Because he is a very natural caller.

BT doesn't need Darcy. He can be terrible all on his own. How many times can one commentator mention the Selwood chicken wing? Boy oh boy wowe, this will be big news. And if it isn't I will keep talking about it until it is

I'm surprised anyone noticed Darcy wasn't there tonight.

There is a good chance Darcy is used as a betting joke to see how long supporters can put up with his "work". In which I think we have failed as watchers. I could imagine a tifo spreading the whole level 1 with a slogan about getting rid of Darcy and not been surprised.

People complain about other callers but the thing that bothers me about Darcy is he doesn't actually know how to do his job, a very highly paid job. Usually when this occurs a person is moved on from the position.

3AW learnt this the hard way. That's why BT is so good on MMM because he is second maybe third fiddle behind JB & Gaz.

He is so much better when he can concentrate on the game rather than trying to make banter. Because he is a very natural caller.
I remember Taylor as my favourite caller on radio in the 2000s. But on 7 I think he's been woeful.

I happened to hear a snippet of him calling on MMM again recently and thought he was great. Just calling the footy. No forced 'wowees', 'boy-oh-boys', 'packages' or other nonsense.

I remember Taylor as my favourite caller on radio in the 2000s. But on 7 I think he's been woeful.

I happened to hear a snippet of him calling on MMM again recently and thought he was great. Just calling the footy. No forced 'wowees', 'boy-oh-boys', 'packages' or other nonsense.
He's an excellent caller on radio. Im glad he's back at MMM because now we get him on Friday nights instead of pencil neck.

Essendon have a shot at goal, goal umpire tells the field umpire that he thinks it was a goal but wants to check that it wasn't touched before it bounced over the line, replay shows that the Port player clearly touched the ball before it bounced over the line, BT points out (correctly) that the ball was touched, but Darcy claims that there was not enough evidence to overrule the original goal call. :$

Did anyone else see this?

Essendon have a shot at goal, goal umpire tells the field umpire that he thinks it was a goal but wants to check that it wasn't touched before it bounced over the line, replay shows that the Port player clearly touched the ball before it bounced over the line, BT points out (correctly) that the ball was touched, but Darcy claims that there was not enough evidence to overrule the original goal call. :$

Did anyone else see this?
I saw it, but always mute the tv commentary because of their lack of quality so can't comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back