'BT' and Darcy: The Worst Commentary Team in History?

Remove this Banner Ad

I still can't fathom who at Channel 7 thought trying to mould Luke Darcy into the new poster boy for the network was a good idea?
It's bizarre. Why don't they actually go out and find decent professional commentators instead of just sticking a microphone in front of whatever washed up former player rolls into the studio?

Andrew Welsh is another example of this. Absolutely ZERO ability in the media but you just know his employers will never hold him to account for how terrible he is.

Andrew Welsh is another example of this. Absolutely ZERO ability in the media but you just know his employers will never hold him to account for how terrible he is.

They may aswell get a cardboard cutout to do his job.

It's bizarre. Why don't they actually go out and find decent professional commentators instead of just sticking a microphone in front of whatever washed up former player rolls into the studio?

The worst thing is they're not just limiting it to commentating him, they're trying to turn Darcy into News Limited's version of Mark Robinson (the face of their coverage).

We saw it with how they picked Darcy of all people to do the Robinson interview and we see it with how they have him hosting his own show and now they have him doing play-by-play and butchering calls.

It is ridiculous and blatantly insulting to the public.

When was the last time Darcy said anything original in any broadcast? He is the master of hyperbole and this new role he has in calling the game is terrible.

In fact Ling, Darcy, BT and Richo just repeat the same phsraes, the same words, the same statements quarter after quarter after quarter and then Ling at the end of the game goes up to the most robotic players to interview them ask the same questions to get nothing but generic statements from players. Buddy I am looking at you.

When was the last time Darcy said anything original in any broadcast? He is the master of hyperbole and this new role he has in calling the game is terrible.

In fact Ling, Darcy, BT and Richo just repeat the same phsraes, the same words, the same statements quarter after quarter after quarter and then Ling at the end of the game goes up to the most robotic players to interview them ask the same questions to get nothing but generic statements from players. Buddy I am looking at you.

Ch7 pride themselves on hiring “good bloke” who will tow the AFL/Ch7 line offer no opinion nor say anything controversial (except BT who’s a pea-brain).

thank F*** for foxtel IQ, couple of minutes of playing around I can usually synch up to the radio….

I think he meaning to call him "The Package" as a nickname.

Either a McAvaney tribute act or BT is at a new low.

I think he meaning to call him "The Package" as a nickname.

Either a McAvaney tribute act or BT is at a new low.

I realise that. But he is dumb to realise that there is another meaning to the word (and the fact that he is frothing at the mouth when he says it for the 20th time in a minute).

edit: and considering there is somewhat of a football tradition to use nicknames that relate to anatomy.
eg.
Stephen "TI" Michael
John "Horse" Longmire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to watch tonight, the volume started at normal and slowly progressed to mute by about half way through the last.

Amazing how much more watchable the U18 stream is given it looks like it's produced and broadcasted like a channel 31 show that's shot in a bedroom.

Ch7 pride themselves on hiring “good bloke” who will tow the AFL/Ch7 line offer no opinion nor say anything controversial (except BT who’s a pea-brain).

thank F*** for foxtel IQ, couple of minutes of playing around I can usually synch up to the radio….
I pause it when the siren sounds on the TV, then start it again when the siren sounds on the radio. About 5-6 seconds.

Have to adjust throughout as well but it is so much better than anything 7 have to offer.

Tonight was the biggest load of s**t I've listened to for years. Surely all four of them will cop a good old spray from the producer on Monday morning.

Was a disgraceful commentary effort by both of the clowns tonight.

Youd think Boyd and Stringer were the best players in the AFL listening to BT and Darcy... oh wowee, they kicked some goals against Brisbane. Superstars.

Even Joe Daniher kicked 6 goals against Brisbane. Anyone can kick a bad against them.

Tonight was the biggest load of s**t I've listened to for years. Surely all four of them will cop a good old spray from the producer on Monday morning.
I hope so tonight was disgraceful, surely they could've pulled their heads out of their asses and thought about the Brisbane fans for one second. Another miserable night watching our team cop a flogging (which has happened for almost a decade now) and not only were they sprouting verbal diarrhea they were barracking for the Bulldogs, ffs.

I got onto the AFL website and picked a radio station and then synced up Foxtel with the radio coverage. I only ever do this on Saturday nights because I cannot stand one minute of BT or Darcy. Ling is becoming painful as well.

That was just horrible on Sat night. I rarely switch off before the end of a game even if we are getting thumped but Darcy & BT crapping on about "The Package" while the Lions kicked 3 goals was the final straw. (I know I could have muted, but meh).

At what point as a commentator do you decide that following the game is no longer necessary and that screaming the same word over and over again into the microphone will provide the best coverage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back