UK Brexit - The UK referendum on leaving the EU - Pt 2: Johnson's Folly

Remove this Banner Ad

I have had it already. Felt absolutely horrible for the next 12 hours.
Im in Israel and Ive both shots of Pfizer with the 2nd last Thursday. Nil issues in the 1st 24 hours, then slight tenderness around the injection in the 24 hours after that.

All good now and no issues.

The silver lining would be if people shafted by Brexit finally woke up, threw away their Sun/Daily Mail/Express sh*t-rags (and Facebook), and never voted for the Conservatives again.

The reality will, sadly, be that many of the worst off and loudest whiners will still vote these revolting crooks back into power at the next election.

They Brexit they thought they were voting for was having all the benefits of EU membership, while simultaneously being able to undermine it.

I agree with your sentiments but having lived in the UK myself I don't see it happening. For two reasons. Number one is that at the core they are a small 'c' conservative nation. In the 1970s and 1980s when the working class areas up in the North and elderly vote was majority Labour, the Conservatives were still winning and winning landslides. The northern vote has eroded as the voters of today don't have the level of companionship with trade unions and the left wing of the Labour Party their parents and grandparents did. Younger people who grew up seeing the old factories and mines close down are today's middle-aged Conservative voters. Number two is Labour has lost support and the upper hand in Scotland to the Scottish National Party. Scottish Conservatives never competed there in the past when Tony Blair was PM but now they don't really have to. The pathway for victory for Labour looks very slim.

So much for the extra 350 million a year for the NHS as was promised by Boris Johnson on his Brexit bus.

The NHS nursing staff have been offered a pay rise of 1%,which is lower than inflation and the rise in cost of living. In the middle of a pandemic and the biggest vaccine rollout in the country's history.

Expect a reversal and PR spin this week

"You spoke, we listened"

Hey medusala care to explain why the individual on the phone is wallowing in callous indifference, but you've never called out the guy standing at the back just folding his arms as if nothing is going on?

Dis gun be good.

View attachment 1071719
Not to mention the guy with his hands in his pockets walking away. Or the white lady directly behind the brown lady walking in the same direction.

Not to mention the guy with his hands in his pockets walking away. Or the white lady directly behind the brown lady walking in the same direction.
Med's just hoping that question will go through to the keeper.

93962.jpg

Hey medusala care to explain why the individual on the phone is wallowing in callous indifference, but you've never called out the guy standing at the back just folding his arms as if nothing is going on?

Dis gun be good.

View attachment 1071719
Also look at the perspective. The woman in the grey dress is either a giant or further away from the action than she looks.

Well remember medusala argued countries have no sovereignty. Nek Minit, Italy blocks EU exports. In the meantime..

lol. EU countries were banned from procuring their own supply of vaccines. How to destroy your own argument.

Specifically, the bloc’s decisions to prioritize process over speed and to put solidarity between EU countries ahead of giving individual governments more room to maneuver have been criticized for holding back the coronavirus response.

German chancellor intervened to force the German, French, Italian and Dutch health ministers to hand over responsibility to EU

Here is a tip Pinocchio. Some countries did nothing and nothing untoward happened.

Even the simplest of minds should be able to join the dots.
It's almost as if software updates happened without you doing anything. That's never happened before ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is just walking away?

"argument". A screaming two year old insisting the Easter Bunny exists has a better argument.

I also need to report these tourists taking selfies on the bridge just after the attack. My outragometer is really hitting it's limit here.

Screenshot from 2021-03-10 14-32-51.png

You defend the indefensible and now are having a hissy fit. Back to your knitting.
Having a hissy fit? Ok gramp's, whatever you say. Didn't think these forums had reached the pulpy levels where simply positing a question was considered a hissy fit but here we are...

Don't change med's. Place wouldn't be the same without your dithering excuses putting a smile on my face over this side of the keyboard :)

I'll have a beer for you tonight bro. Tough week and all right.

Last edited:
lol. EU countries were banned from procuring their own supply of vaccines. How to destroy your own argument.

Specifically, the bloc’s decisions to prioritize process over speed and to put solidarity between EU countries ahead of giving individual governments more room to maneuver have been criticized for holding back the coronavirus response.

German chancellor intervened to force the German, French, Italian and Dutch health ministers to hand over responsibility to EU

Another swing and a miss. They weren't banned, they wilfully joined the program. Stop making shit up.

The scheme, set up in June 2020, allows the EU to negotiate the purchase of vaccines on behalf of its member states. It says this can help reduce costs and avoid competition between them.

Member states do not have to join the scheme, but all 27 EU countries chose to do so.

EU member states who wilfully participated in the programme were NOT allowed to negotiate in parallel, but Hungary chose to do .

Last edited:
This is all going so well. I really feel for the SME's. out there, myself being one.

Businesses will also be forced to adapt, according to the FDF, which said that members were raising serious concerns about the coming changes, with one large snack maker warning costs could run into millions of pounds.

“We will need a vet on site for 10 hours per day, five days a week at a cost of £300,000 per annum. Multiply this across our sites where we export and we are looking at a potential cost running into the millions,” the snack company told the FDF.

The government did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

The additional paperwork, which will be required from April 21, will also lead to more problems in operating the Northern Ireland Protocol as it will increase the levels of checks on food products moving from Great Britain across the Irish Sea, which under the terms of the Brexit divorce deal are required to comply with EU customs rules. Ian Wright, chief executive of the Food and Drink Federation, which represents major food manufacturers, warned that the new bureaucracy would make it “unviable” for many of his members to continue shipping to Northern Ireland.

Project fear guys! remember? Where Farage? oh wait, he quit politics didn't he? I guess when things go that South...........LOL

Fresh figures have revealed the devastating impact of Brexit, with UK seafood exports to the EU almost completely wiped out amid a £700 million hit.

The figures from the ONS show the January impact in exports of all UK food and live animals, which include fish and other seafood, to the EU in the first month of Brexit to be £700 million.

The statistics include a massive 59% drop for the meat sector and a 50% reduction in sales for the dairy industry.

The ONS figures show that all exports from the UK to the EU fell by £5.6 billion in January, the equivalent of a 41% fall, which it has suggested may be partly attributable to stockpiling ahead of Brexit.

Project fear guys! remember? Where Farage? oh wait, he quit politics didn't he? I guess when things go that South...........LOL

Fresh figures have revealed the devastating impact of Brexit, with UK seafood exports to the EU almost completely wiped out amid a £700 million hit.

The figures from the ONS show the January impact in exports of all UK food and live animals, which include fish and other seafood, to the EU in the first month of Brexit to be £700 million.

The statistics include a massive 59% drop for the meat sector and a 50% reduction in sales for the dairy industry.

The ONS figures show that all exports from the UK to the EU fell by £5.6 billion in January, the equivalent of a 41% fall, which it has suggested may be partly attributable to stockpiling ahead of Brexit.
What are the non-EU imports doing?

What are the non-EU imports doing?

Overall, Britain’s exports dropped 19.3% and imports fell 21.6%, the biggest monthly declines since records began in 1997, the ONS said. Shipments to non-EU countries increased slightly, and imports from countries outside the bloc declined about 8%.

Overall, Britain’s exports dropped 19.3% and imports fell 21.6%, the biggest monthly declines since records began in 1997, the ONS said. Shipments to non-EU countries increased slightly, and imports from countries outside the bloc declined about 8%.

You know the response already.

A) Its the fault of COVID not Brexit.

B) It's a good thing because it will encourage things to be made in the UK.

Neither of which he actually believes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back