News Boyd Woodcock signs for Southport VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to give Boyd credit, wasn’t as classy or as impactful as Butters but came in and played his role.

18 disposals, 6 scoring involvements, 1 goal, 7 marks, 3 tackles

Well done young fella
A few really good, tough pressure acts too. Bit more edgy.
And no feigning for frees either.
Impressed.

Marshall should be charged an entrance fee, for having such a great spot to watch footy from
Yep. I like the guy and all, but when I saw the play I was screaming “jump on the ball.” It took forever for him to decide what to do.

Woody did more in 5 minutes in the third quarter than the entire Geelong game.

He used to be a good set shot for goal, remember him nailing some tough goals in the grand final for North.

Could have finished with 3 goals, would have been a very good day at the office for a small forward.

Yep. I like the guy and all, but when I saw the play I was screaming “jump on the ball.” It took forever for him to decide what to do.

he could have gone for the ball, attempted to shepherd or moved to space. He did nothing other than move into congestion and watch.

he could have gone for the ball, attempted to shepherd or moved to space. He did nothing other than move into congestion and watch.
I’m going to guess that he was staring at the ball and got lost with the bounce. Still, when he decided to go for Dougal, he needed to go for the smother. There’s no way he would be able to tackle him.

I hope little Woody is kept on for another year.
Yeah, seems an almost player. If we can keep him around for a couple more years, I have no doubt he will be a super handy small forward/high half forward. Has skill and confidence, long enough in an elite environment, playing the correct position will see him develop. He is the Depth good sides keep around.

Woody did more in 5 minutes in the third quarter than the entire Geelong game.

He used to be a good set shot for goal, remember him nailing some tough goals in the grand final for North.

Could have finished with 3 goals, would have been a very good day at the office for a small forward.
The thing is, if you gave Woodcock another 10 looks at those set shots I still doubt he kicks them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno about Woodie.
Stacks up good numbers at State league level.
However he lacks size, speed and hurt factor with disposals. Also not a great tackler.
Probs gets an extra season with Hammer and Rocky going, as depth.

Dunno about Woodie.
However he lacks size, speed and hurt factor with disposals. Also not a great tackler.
Lost his attitude in the ones this year, plays his best when he is a genuine past. I love him, if he is the 6th or 7th selected Forward/Mid he is quality.

Dunno about Woodie.
I would be persisting with him. He racks it up and looks a class above the SANFL and can find the goals. He will only just have turned 22 at the start of next season.

Dunno about Woodie.
If he keeps playing midfield in the SANFL, he’d be the latest in a long line of short mids that get played out of position as a small forward when called up. He’s probably worth keeping as depth for one more year, as we’ve largely checked out of this draft, so no point having picking 90 something on a 2 year contract. He’s not the KPD or inside mid (at AFL level) we have pressing needs of.

Don't think he has the weapons at AFL level. He's a Sam Gray, Matt Thomas, Adam Thomson type. Will keep a spot on the AFL list because his numbers are good, but I'd be staggered if he ever cemented himself in the 22. We're good now.

Don't think he has the weapons at AFL level. He's a Sam Gray, Matt Thomas, Adam Thomson type. Will keep a spot on the AFL list because his numbers are good, but I'd be staggered if he ever cemented himself in the 22. We're good now.
Possibly correct, but that's fine, every list needs those types. The problem with Sam Gray wasn't that he was on our list, the problem with Hinkley's delusional insistence that he was in our best 22.

We didn't even overplay Sam Gray correctly. 99 games? Come on Ken.

Would be worth having him dominate the seconds next year for us to midseason draft him and name him as a sub for a game to meet the criteria.

We didn't even overplay Sam Gray correctly. 99 games? Come on Ken.

Would be worth having him dominate the seconds next year for us to midseason draft him and name him as a sub for a game to meet the criteria.
Yeah, it'd be so Ports with Sam Gray, that after all our other Father-Sons are short, that Sam Gray falls for a WNBA star and before dying from Snu Snu Fathers 3 sons that reach 6 foot 9.

Yeah, it'd be so Ports with Sam Gray, that after all our other Father-Sons are short, that Sam Gray falls for a WNBA star and before dying from Snu Snu Fathers 3 sons that reach 6 foot 9.

And can't dunk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back