Born in Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
I was just wondering how many Hawk supporters were actually born in Hawthorn. I was born in Maningtree Road, off Glenferrie Road, in 1940, just a couple of drop punts from the ground. Moved to Swinbourn Ave. (I believe the "O" may have been dropped somewhere along the way) Any others originate from Hawthorn? As both my parents were mad Hawk supporters, I was born to be a one-eyrd Hawthorn supporter. What's your story?

Born in Kew - lived in Gibney St Hawthorn (extention of Manningtree Rd over Power St).
Went to Glenferrie Primary (Manningtree Rd) then Swinburne Tech (when it was only a Tech - Brendon Edwards was my Phys teacher in early 60's.
Started going to the footy with parents and next door neighbours in early 50's.

Perhaps I'm suffering from a bit of mchawk burnout - yep, I definitely am - but TH, isn't this thread a bit of 'I'm an elitist' rubbish?

I was born in Shepparton at the Goulburn Valley Base Hospital and I chose the Hawthorn Footy club, and at the time, we where nothing special.

Does that make me a better or worse supporter than you?

Hey Taita, this is not about who is the better supporter, just an idea I had to help pass the boring off-season. However, as you live in Shapparton, and I am in Thailand, I guess in reality you are the better supporter, as you probably attend some games.

Was born in Carlton and spent most of my youth in Dallas Broadmeadows.
I was one of two Hawthorn supporters at my primary school.

I used to have to catch a bus, two trains and another bus to get from my house to games at Waverly when I was a kid, a 2-3 hour journey.

Perhaps I'm suffering from a bit of mchawk burnout - yep, I definitely am - but TH, isn't this thread a bit of 'I'm an elitist' rubbish?

I was born in Shepparton at the Goulburn Valley Base Hospital and I chose the Hawthorn Footy club, and at the time, we where nothing special.

Does that make me a better or worse supporter than you?

I am a better supporter than you Taita.

Thread closed....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm an elitist:D, youngest of 3 brothers born in Steel City Newcastle NSW.

My family migrated to melbourne when i was 2 yrs old. Heavy industry around the Hunter Valley laid off many workers in the mid seventies, my dad was one of them, Thank-God we didn't move to Sydney.

We settled in Fitzroy, not far from princess park, where i would watch my beloved Hawks play on many occasions. Later we moved into the Fairfield- Alphington area, only a ten minute drive across the Yarra on the Chandler Hwy to watch the Hawks train at Glenferrie.

When i married i bought a house in the Fairfield area. I'm your typical elitist, wearing my Hawthorn cap and t-shirt regularly sipping 'Caffe Latte' in Station st and Queens pde Clifton Hill. :D

Born in Salzburg, Austria. Lived in Berlin, West Germany (100m from the wall) until I was six. Family moved to Perth.

Hawthorn through and through. My religion.

inb4 Fritzel and Hitler jokes:D

Dipper grew up around Denmark St Hawthorn - believe his parents are still there

They actually lived in Mason st, then around the late 70s early 80s they moved to Roderick st in Doncaster East. but have moved again since.

Dippers dad passed away a few years ago now.

Getting back to the topic,

I was born in Hobart and was brought up in Switzerland ,started following the Hawks when Peter Hudson played

Remove this Banner Ad

Back