Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest Injury Update 21st May …

THERE are updates on seven Blues leading into Round 11.

Jacob Weitering (cork)
- Availability: test

Marc Pittonet (finger)

Experienced an additional finger injury in the game against Sydney
  • Unavailable for selection this week
  • A clearer outline on his return to play will be known within the next week

Jack Martin (calf)
  • Scans last week confirmed a calf strain
  • Has commenced his rehab with a timeline for his return to become clearer next week

Sam Durdin (concussion)

Jesse Motlop (hamstring)

Adam Saad (hamstring)

Lachie Fogarty (wrist)

Player

Injury

Update

Matt CarrollGroinRemains on a modified program for at least another month due to groin soreness.(Update: 30 April)
Adam CerraHamstringExperienced a hamstring strain in win over Melbourne.
Availability: to be reassessed in Round 13. (Update: 14 May)
Matthew CottrellFootUnderwent scans which revealed navicular stress reaction. Club will work through rehabilitation plan in coming weeks.
Availability: to be reassessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 14 May)
David CuninghamCalfExperienced a calf strain during VFL on Friday.
Availability: to be assessed in Round 13. (Update: 14 May)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Sam DurdinConcussionAvailability: test. (Update: 21 May)
Lachie FogartyWristAvailability: test. (Update: 21 May)
Jack MartinCalfScans last week confirmed a calf strain.
Has commenced rehab with timeline for return to become clearer next week. (Update: 21 May)
Jesse MotlopHamstringAvailability: test. (Update: 21 May)
Hudson O'KeeffeHamstringExperienced a high-grade hamstring strain at training on Sunday.
Availability: 8-12 weeks. (Update: 14 May)
Marc PittonetFingerExperienced an additional finger injury in game against Sydney.
Unavailable for selection this week, while clearer timeline on return to play will be known within the next week. (Update: 21 May)
Adam SaadHamstringAvailability: test. (Update: 21 May)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)
Jacob WeiteringCorkAvailability: test. (Update: 21 May)

It depends which finger & hand. I recall them taping his pinkie to his next finger - if it just his pinkie he’ll be right.
Had a few screws into my index finger after breaking it at footy. No way I could have played next week.

Dunno about pinky. Might be okay to go but wouldn't surprise me at all if he misses

Cerra injured his right hamstring when he kicked the ball from centre clearance which resulted in Charlie's 2nd goal. On replay he seemed to keep running through the middle after he kicked it but then obviously came off once Charlie had sealed the goal. Would suggest it's only very minor.

2nd time now he's hurt his string during a game when launching a kick. Did the same against Collingwood late last year which coincidentally also resulted in a Curnow goal. He looked much more sore after that incident and hobbled to the bench.

We simply need to get him right. He's too young and important to spend as much time as he does on the sidelines. We don't need him being our Dion Prestia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra injured his right hamstring when he kicked the ball from centre clearance which resulted in Charlie's 2nd goal. On replay he seemed to keep running through the middle after he kicked it but then obviously came off once Charlie had sealed the goal. Would suggest it's only very minor.

2nd time now he's hurt his string during a game when launching a kick. Did the same against Collingwood late last year which coincidentally also resulted in a Curnow goal. He looked much more sore after that incident and hobbled to the bench.

We simply need to get him right. He's too young and important to spend as much time as he does on the sidelines. We don't need him being our Dion Prestia.
He’s banned from kicking it to Charlie

Footage of him doing some indoor training yesterday (no training of any consequence) would suggest that it's very minor or even "awareness".

During the game on the scoreboard, I saw him skipping down the stairs to so wasn’t expecting hamstring at all

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think we have to worry about us taking risks with Cerra. Our injury management in general is hyper conservative.

Pretty sure Cerra didn't even have any ice on it during the game. Reckon there's a good chance it's awareness. Probably was last time too.

So does he have a week off?

Find out tomorrow or Wednesday.

As much as I know some people on here have their sources, the club will always be the only ones with clear definitive information. Cerra probably hasn’t even had his scan yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back