Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Update 4th June …

Latest

Player

Injury

Update

Dom AkueiIllnessWas a late withdrawal from the VFL side on Sunday.
Availability: test. (Update: 4 June)
Matt CarrollGroinRemains on a modified program for at least another month due to groin soreness.(Update: 30 April)
Adam CerraHamstringAvailability: to be assessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 28 May)
Matthew CottrellFootUnderwent scans which revealed navicular stress reaction. Club will work through rehabilitation plan in coming weeks.
Availability: to be reassessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 14 May)
David CuninghamCalfAvailability: to be assessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 28 May)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Sam DurdinSorenessWas a late withdrawal from the VFL side on Sunday.
Availability: test. (Update: 4 June)
Jack MartinCalfAvailability: to be assessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 28 May)
Hudson O'KeeffeHamstringExperienced a high-grade hamstring strain at training on Sunday.
Availability: 8-12 weeks. (Update: 14 May)
Marc PittonetFingerAvailability: test. (Update: 4 June)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)

Anyone else find it interesting Voss mentioned Marchbank and Martin as potential ins next week. Thought they were still a couple off

Martin was potentially an in. Marchbank's injury seemed a bit of an unknown. So I can see that he may have come good and could be training well.

They would be great to have in the side. Ticks two massive needs. Even if they are playing at half rat power it doesn't matter. You know they will keep getting better and better every week because their best is high level (assuming they stay fit).

We are a different side with Marchbank and Martin in there. Bring in McGovern as well and thing look a lot brighter.

We have some serious talent due to come back in the next. 3 weeks with Motlop and Saad and Maybe Fogarty coming back in this time.

Ready for a big run home I am hoping.

Martin was potentially an in. Marchbank's injury seemed a bit of an unknown. So I can see that he may have come good and could be training well.

They would be great to have in the side. Ticks two massive needs. Even if they are playing at half rat power it doesn't matter. You know they will keep getting better and better every week because their best is high level (assuming they stay fit).

We are a different side with Marchbank and Martin in there. Bring in McGovern as well and thing look a lot brighter.

We have some serious talent due to come back in the next. 3 weeks with Motlop and Saad and Maybe Fogarty coming back in this time.

Ready for a big run home I am hoping.
Marchbank has been training (modified) for about 2-3 weeks, I would say they were getting a training block into him.

Marchbank has been training (modified) for about 2-3 weeks, I would say they were getting a training block into him.
I think most of our players come back this way. Get them over their injury and give them a training block. In the past it was get them over their injuries and put them into the VFL or straight back to AFL. I think this would definitely be the case.

Martin’s been the same. Both lost a lot of conditioning apparently, so I assume they were just building them up to bring them straight back into the seniors
It’s a good way to build up conditioning in a controlled environment - less likely to be injured coming back this way you would hope - touch woooood!

Latest Injury Update 7th May …

Zac Williams (glute soreness)
• Subbed out of the game on Friday night with glute soreness
• Availability: Test

Mitch McGovern (hamstring)

Caleb Marchbank (back)

Jack Martin (hamstring)

Player

Injury

Update

Matt CarrollGroinRemains on a modified program for at least another month due to groin soreness.(Update: 30 April)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Lachie FogartyWristCommenced running program.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 11. (Update: 16 April)
Caleb MarchbankBackTest (Update: 7 May)
Jack MartinHamstringTest (Update: 7 May)
Mitch McGovernHamstringTest (Update: 7 May)
Jesse MotlopHamstringSuffered a further hamstring injury in recent days.
Availability: 4-5 weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Adam SaadHamstringMedium-grade hamstring strain.
Availability: six weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury updates getting lazier by the week.

The injury update gets posted every Tuesday or Wednesday.

What else should the club be doing to deliver injury updates?

How so.

They are updated weekly mainly on a Tuesday.
We've gone from weekly video updates from Andrew McKay, to weekly in-depth updates on every player, to semi in-depth updates on some players, to 1 word updates on players returning that week.

Not to mention the very vague updates on players like Fogarty. What does "return to play to be assessed in round 11" actually mean? Is he a possibility for round 11? Or will we establish a concrete return date in round 11?

We've gone from weekly video updates from Andrew McKay, to weekly in-depth updates on every player, to semi in-depth updates on some players, to 1 word updates on players returning that week.

Not to mention the very vague updates on players like Fogarty. What does "return to play to be assessed in round 11" actually mean? Is he a possibility for round 11? Or will we establish a concrete return date in round 11?

First off, they come out like clock work on Tuesday. That wasn’t always happening when we had McKay give us his 1 to 2 week videos.

Second off, the injury report doesn’t need to count down the weeks for Saad and Motlop. We’re smart, we can do it ourselves. Motlop is likely to be a test next week, Saad the week after (subject to how they’ve been tracking).

Third off, reassess means reassess. They said they would reassess Marchbank in Round 9. They did. He’s a test. Given Fog didn’t have surgery there’s a good chance that come Round 11 we will get a similar report or, like in the case of Walsh, a clearer timeline.

Fourth off, In previous years they wouldn’t provide the number of weeks or a reassessment and we would all be asking why the club has mentioned Cunners or Marchy in months. That’s not the case now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We've gone from weekly video updates from Andrew McKay to weekly in-depth updates on every player, to semi in-depth updates on some players, to 1 word updates on players returning that week.

1 - 2 weeks

Is that better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back