Personal Experience Berenstein/Berenstain Bears evidence of parallel universes

Remove this Banner Ad

And of course theres also the apollo 13 ME flip flop....

As someone who has experienced the flip flop I’ll explain....

The line in the movie was “Houston, we have a problem” my whole life. Then one day I read someone on either this sub or Retconned claiming that the line was actually “Houston, we’ve had a problem”. Since I had been quoting it the other way for 25 years I decided to see it for myself because I didn’t believe them. When I watched the scene the line was clear as day “Houston, we’ve had a problem”. It was also visually different from what I remembered as well. I always knew it as a close up of Tom Hanks face but now it was a full body shot, taken from down low looking up at him on an angle. I thought it was weird that I was so wrong about the scene but just assumed it was some weird mind trick since I thought the Mandela Effect was simply bad memory and nothing more. I decided to do some research to learn more about it and found countless Reddit posts discussing how it had always been “we’ve had” and that the “we have” line was just a major movie misquote. I also found countless articles claiming that the line was one of the most misquoted movie lines of all time. Those articles had videos attached to them and when I watched them they were the same “we’ve had” body shot scene I had seen earlier, confirming that the “we’ve had” version was the real version. There was even a website that keeps track of alternate memories with explanations of them also confirming “we’ve had” as the current/real version of the scene, claiming the “we have” scene was a false memory. I eventually decided that I had seen enough to believe that I had simply been wrong the whole time on the quote and went about my business as usual. The next night I was browsing the sub again and saw another Apollo 13 post. I decided to check it out because it said something about a flip flop, which was a term I hadn’t heard at that point. When I read the post it said that the line was back to “we have” and I had to read it twice to make sure I wasn’t misreading it. I went and watched the scene again and sure enough it was a zoomed in face shot of Tom Hanks saying clear as day “Houston, we have a problem”. My mind broke. I knew it wasn’t like that the night before and I couldn’t understand what was happening. First thing I did was look for the original post claiming it was we have but it wasn’t there. I searched the sub for Apollo 13 posts and the only ones available were all claiming it had flip flopped, none of which were there the night prior despite being posted years prior. I was able to find the articles claiming it as a misquote with “we’ve had” as the real version but the videos no longer matched what the articles were claiming. When I checked the alternate memories site again the line “we’ve had” was still listed as the current line (it’s still like that to this day) but the description was now much longer and way more confusing, discussing how it’s been known to flip flop. I was completely blown away because none of what I was finding was like that the night prior. I tried searching for the “we’ve had” version thinking I was being trolled the night before but the version was nowhere to be found. Everything I found was telling me that the “we’ve had” version never existed, which makes no sense because I couldn’t have watched it if it never existed. Since I did watch it I thought “what the hell is happening!?” None of it made any sense to me.

The effect was related to the movie only. I had no knowledge of what the real life mission quote was until after experiencing the flip flop.

-----

This is almost exactly how it happened for me. The very first ME youtube video I've seen included this one, saying the line switched to "had". I didn't have a very strong memory of "have", but I remember thinking "had" sounded wrong, so had to look into it. I also read a similar article about people commonly misquoteing famous movie lines. I own the movie so I even went and watched the scene for myself. Sure enough, it said, Houston we "had" a problem and it was a full body shot of Tom hanks crouched down. At that point, I just accepted that I must have remembered it wrong. Plus, I was more concerned about the Berenstein Bears and Jiffy peanut butter no longer existing. I remember seeing Jiffy change to JIF in the 90s, but for years always assumed it was just a rebranding thing, until I saw that video. Then a few month later I read that the Apollo 13 line switched back to "have". That is when I was 100% positive that some of these ME's are real. For a movie I own to somehow change and then change back right before my eyes, freaked me out. Then of course, that first ME video I saw is no where to be found.

Anyone remember their car side mirror reading 'Objects in Mirror MAY BE Closer Than They Appear'? The 'may be' doesn't seem to exist anymore, its now 'Objects in Mirror ARE Closer Than They Appear'.

People dont have vivid memories like this due to false memories....

I have seen the monocle myself. I used to play the game with my cousins when I was a kid. I even asked my dad what’s that weird thing on the man’s eye and when he said “it’s a monokkeli” (monokkeli = monocle in Finnish) I laughed because it sounded so funny. Due to that I called my grandfather’s eyeglasses a double monocle, “tuplamonokkeli”, because the lenses were also round. Do you think all this would be just a false memory?

For many years, I had always thought that iconic American actress/singer/comedian Lucielle Ball (born 1911) lived well into her 80s and died in the mid-1990s - 1996 or 1997. But as it turned out, Lucy never lived to be an octogenarian - nor did she live to see the 1990s - and actually died in April 1989 aged 77 from heart problems. Yet I swear I remember her still being alive in the early-mid 1990s.

Another comedic actress where I was way out with her date of death was Wendie Jo Sperber, who played Marty McFly's sister Linda in the Back to the Future movies and had plenty of roles in a variety of sitcoms in the 1980s and 1990s. I thought that her death was more recent - around 2017 or 2018 - so I was surprised to find out that she in fact died many years ago in 2005 from breast cancer at the age of just 47.

Before there was even the term Mandela Effect, before it was coined, before it apparently started with Nelson Mandela dying, it existed long before the 2000s. People have noticed MEs before it was a thing.

Some known recorded examples pre-dating....

Phillip K Dick talks about the unnamed phenomenon in a talk

Art Bell on his radio show Coast to Coast discusses the unnamed phenomenon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People talking examples of flip flops on reddit.....

-------

Not the OP but there are several examples of this,

Apollo 13 going from "Houston We Have A Problem" to "Ah, Houston We've Had A Problem" back to "Houston We Have A Problem".

Froot Loops flipping to Fruit Loops then back to Froot Loops.

The Flintstones becoming The Flinstones and then becoming The Flintstones again.

Those seem to be the biggest 3.

-------

Can you tell me when these things happened? It was this year?

---------

The Flintstones - Flinstones - Flintstones happened in 2017, the other 2 have been reported several times between 2015 and 2023.

---------

I am 60. When I was really little (4?) I remember Toucan Sam on the TV ads selling "FR00T L00PS". Some of the commercials were aired during "The Flintstones". Neither of these has changed in my lifetime, in any of the places I lived (as far north/east as Maine, and as far west as San Francisco).

I saw the Apollo 13 movie once, and could not tell you what they said exactly. But I know there are a few songs I can be singing along to and suddenly a word I sing is not the word in the song. I mentally "kick myself" and remind myself to get it right next time... and the next time, I get it wrong again. I do not think the song is "flip-flopping" I think that, for all my efforts to "correct" my memory, the original "way I thought it went" is stuck in my brain.

-----------

They are happening at different times for the people that experience the ME.

For myself The Flintstones/The Flinstones and Apollo 13 flip flops both were experienced in 2017, others have reported seeing the same flip flops years earlier and others say the same for years later.

--------

It’s really back to “Flintstones”? Damn

---------

In addition to Flintstones, Froot Loops, (mentioned in this thread), it happened to me with Skechers, Victoria’s Secret, and Rodin’s The Thinker. I remembered it as having fist under chin. It was hand on forehead when I started learning about the Mandela Effect, 2021 (maybe early 2022). Recently, 2024, it flipped back to hand under the chin (not fist, though). I don’t know why it would be these things, and I want to just shake it off as a mis-memory, since that is the most logical explanation. The flips are more recent memories, so the flipping back makes me curious about other possible explanations.

----------

Have you seen the pig from the movie Babe and his new hair piece?!?!?! Freaky

-----------

The ATLAS machine at CERN LHC may have something to do with it . A lot of MEs happened during those experiments, or shortly after.

They found the "God particle" or Higgs Boson in 2012, when most of the first MEs started popping on the scene.

Then they turned it off in 2013 and 2014.

Then they turned it back on from 2015-2018, when most MEs took front stage.

Then they turned it off again from 2019-2022, a major dry spell for MEs.

And now, they finally turned it back on only a year ago in July 2022.

Hopefully they have better shielding this time for all those exotic particles flying out of the particle collisions from another dimension!

What am I trying to prove? I have no clue. Just providing some data.

Oliver Twist's famous line is “Please, sir, I want some more.”

Didn't this use to be a question? I remember it being "Please, sir, may I have some more?"

Insanity.
Rodin's Thinker statue has definitely flip flopped. I remember arguing in this thread about it and posting pictures.

It went from fist under chin, to hand over face, now it's back to fist under chin.

Froot Loops has also flip flopped....from Froot to Fruit back to Froot.

Apollo 13 line (and even the shot itself when the line was delivered) flipped from Houston we have a problem...to....Houston we've had a problem....back to we have. People on reddit even saw the flip flop happen across a single night.

Tye crazy thing is how all the worlds media, actual physical things, vhs tapes, posters, images, the actual statue, old photos in peoples albums, etc....can change and then change back.

Cant get a clearer sign that the world is a literal computer program

Oliver Twist's famous line is “Please, sir, I want some more.”

Didn't this use to be a question? I remember it being "Please, sir, may I have some more?"

There's a discussion on Reddit about this exact line, and someone said that the book & movie are both the same - “Please, sir, I want some more.”

Interesting that there are newspaper clippings from way back that have it as "may I have some more"

Potential residue maybe, you'd think that professional actors who went to drama school like Garfield would know the line and wouldn't misquote it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back