Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

So if dusty and brodes come back to maine next year, instead of being 2 points combined they're what 10, 9? Dusty might say to Jack riewoldt come play 6 games plus finals with me, but because these guys aren't classified as 1 point players, they can't fit in riewoldt? Who loses out? bendigo footy

You seriously suggesting if Riewoldt wanted to play the Magpies would say no thanks mate, can’t fit you in?

They have points they can’t use and rightly so.

If they had improved and dropped points then they would have to leave a couple out. If that happened to Sandhurst now K Flat or South could raid them and take the guys tipped out who could play seniors and get better money with them.

Just like a strong AFL club has to tip guys out to fit in the salary cap. And we’d have a better more interesting competition for it.

You can't just say golden square sandhurst strath need to play on low points. I just looked at the a grade ammos, who play on 45 points, the essendon league play on 46 points. No wonder country footy standard across most leagues has dropped. These clubs have under 19s as well, I'm sure 10 of these kids at each club could play senior footy, why not drop their points to high 20s or low 30s

I’m still yet to understand how assigning someone a reasonable amount of points is discouraging them to play.
This doesn't really answer your question but you need to look at it holistically to the team. Often the struggling teams have huge points left but as they improve, they typically use the points as they recruit 3-5 players each season. By not having locals at 1 point (if played AFL/VFL etc.) that absorbs a lot of the points and prohibits them recruiting. Often when involves in recruiting you are selling a message or vision - we've signed a gun CHF from EDFL, so and so is coming back etc. and players sign on because the team is improving. Having a local returning at the same points as a gun recruit from Melb doesn't help the team or the comp. It would also likely stop teams in the LVFL & HDFL pushing their locals to go to the BFL or GVFL.

How many points did each side play with?😆
That’s right the goods old days…
Sandhursts side was built off young guys like vigus, atkinson, Fitzgerald, perez, Hawthorne, keown, stagg, Woodford.

They added Andrews for grunt, gathercole, metro and borchy, so I'd think under 40 points.

Gisborne mainly local guns with elsum, Elliott, Davis the action attraction machine duff Tyler.

I wonder how many points forrest would have given the Barham bros, Fitzgerald and Saunders

Sandhursts side was built off young guys like vigus, atkinson, Fitzgerald, perez, Hawthorne, keown, stagg, Woodford.

They added Andrews for grunt, gathercole, metro and borchy, so I'd think under 40 points.

Gisborne mainly local guns with elsum, Elliott, Davis the action attraction machine duff Tyler.

I wonder how many points forrest would have given the Barham bros, Fitzgerald and Saunders
Noonan that played across half back for the dragons was he from mildura way?

Elsum and Reaper weren’t locals, they were recruited from Kyneton. I don’t think Elliot was a local either. Fitzgerald I don’t believe ever played any state league footy, only TAC Cup.

Not sure if it’s related to play hq or not but surely the hub could do something about the teams listed each week.

Poor old Westy and co have the wolves at the door as it is and what used to be a great feature of the paper has deteriorated into a complete mess in recent years.

And as usual, it’s the supporters who are missing out.

Not sure if it’s related to play hq or not but surely the hub could do something about the teams listed each week.

Poor old Westy and co have the wolves at the door as it is and what used to be a great feature of the paper has deteriorated into a complete mess in recent years.

And as usual, it’s the supporters who are missing out.
Yes, it is really frustrating. Years ago we also go the ins and outs which also included injured. If there is some timeline issue then I rather they wait to Friday and publish the actual line ups then. Surely they can be finalised by Friday.

It is this sort of stuff, clearances and live scores where we are really let down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandhurst 5 goals, the open spaces of the qeo should suit them this early in the year, I hope metro gets back in time for the 20 year festivities as he's a Monty for the bog there

Maryborough to hang on at home by 2 points

South stroobrants to kick 10 and win by 2 goals at home

Square over strath by 9 points, eaton to show bendigo footy he can coach

Sandhurst 5 goals, the open spaces of the qeo should suit them this early in the year, I hope metro gets back in time for the 20 year festivities as he's a Monty for the bog there

Maryborough to hang on at home by 2 points

Square over strath by 9 points, eaton to show bendigo footy he can coach
The Wild Boar needs to get through his come back game.

I’m going to stick this up in the rooms tomorrow so the boys can stick it up you, Trent!

On a serious note huge game for the Pies tomorrow. If they have any ambition of challenging for the five it’s a must win, plus the chance to win two in a row for the first time in god knows how long and really get some momentum going.

Have a few injuries already and depth is a problem so it certainly won’t be easy. Huge game for the club.

I’m going to stick this up in the rooms tomorrow so the boys can stick it up you, Trent!

On a serious note huge game for the Pies tomorrow. If they have any ambition of challenging for the five it’s a must win, plus the chance to win two in a row for the first time in god knows how long and really get some momentum going.

Have a few injuries already and depth is a problem so it certainly won’t be easy. Huge game for the club.
Not the injury card already….they had a month between games!

South still have plenty of good players forrest, it's round 2, at least they nearly kicked 100 points. Against the better teams they'll have to use Hartley more smartly, he's gotta control the game and drift forward to help more

I didn’t see the game just commenting on the scores.

To be 7 goals shy of South means you aren’t even an outside chance of finals. It’s a 7th or 8th finish, given Flat disposed of Maryborough easily.

Hopes this morning would have been 5th or 6th, doesn’t sound much but the difference is huge.

I didn’t see the game just commenting on the scores.

To be 7 goals shy of South means you aren’t even an outside chance of finals. It’s a 7th or 8th finish, given Flat disposed of Maryborough easily.

Hopes this morning would have been 5th or 6th, doesn’t sound much but the difference is huge.
It was played at south too, it's only round 2. They are still a chance if they can click, I think they are a ruck and backman shy of pushing teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back