Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Bendigo

From VFL.com.au

2010 VFL Seniors
Bendigo Bombers 0.2 3.5 3.6 4.10 (34)
Sandringham 5.6 5.8 12.11 18.14 (122)

GOALS:
Bendigo Bombers: Liddle Still Thompson James
Sandringham: Sautner 7 Tregear 3 Ferraro Nash Walsh Waller King Steven Lynch Archer

BEST:
Bendigo Bombers: Liddle James Duscher Papalia Masters Thompson
Sandringham: Smith Gaertner Tregear Howard Walsh Sautner

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Bendigo Bombers: Nil
Sandringham: Nil

Hi mate, just got back from the game..

Windy Hill started in a bath of sunlight, with a fresh 3 - 4 goal westerly breeze blowing to the Moreland rd end. Had the pleasure of sitting with Taite Silverlock for the second quarter, says he will "be off crutches in the next four weeks, so pumped for a full pre season". Was also good to see Knights out with his son, having a kick before the first bounce. Off the senior guys there (that I saw), Fletcher (with his look a like clone son), Ben Howlett, Kyle Hardingham and Anthony Long were all there whilst Bendigo captain (who sat out the game with "a calf strain I picked up last week").

Sandringham jumped us in the opening term kicking, kicking 5 goals to zip with the wind. We hit back in the second kicking three early goals and keeping them goal less in the second quarter. Our inability to put on score board pressure in the second quarter duly cost us very dearly.

In the third, we managed to hold on for the first 10 minutes before the floodgates opened and out young chargers began to tire. With the more seasoned and hardened Sandringham side eventually pilling on 6 goals to one in the last term to run out comfortable 88 point winners, with goal kicking legend Nick Sautner finishing with 7.

My player reviews:

Tyson Slattery: Did a fantastic job on Sandringham captain Nick Sautner, the goal tally does him no justice, but 5 of his 7 goals came in the junk time last quarter. One was a lace out 20 meter kick to his chest, while the only 'real' mark and goal came in the third term. Tyson was super impressive defensively, worrying about his man before trying to rebound. Can see so much Adam Mcphee in him though, is a good reader of the play and tries to get across to help a team mate out (twice of which resulted in out the back goals to Sautner). He was very good one - on - one, his last few steps was awesome, always managing to get a fist in or knock it away from his opponenet. I think he did a good job playing as an undersized key back on the much bigger, stronger and smarter Nicholas Sautner.

Jarrod Atkinson: What can I say about Jarrod? Hm.. same old, same old from Jarrod. Has a severe case of the Myers' about him at the moment, get it and throw it on the boot not bothering to see where it is going. He had it a few times and tried to run and create but he simply does not have the skill set to become a consistenly good AFL footballer. Tried to do too much a couple of times and duly got caught holding the ball, whilst his decision making of where to pass to cost us at least 2 goals. Cannot see Jarrod making the end of season cut, sadly but surely his time may have come to an end at the EFC.

Michael Quinn: Did Not Play

Brent Prismal: Did Not Play

Michael Still: Horrible today, not even serviceable. He was shocking, looked way out of his depth, dropped sitters, didnt get near them (marks) when he had the right body position (which is a trait of his; contested marking).Looked slow and cumbersome and was duly beaten off by a number of opponents. By the end of the game they had a Sandringham HBF playing on him, shows how much respect they have for his game today. Kicked a goal (from a head high free kick), but that was about all he did for the day though. Will like to see him freed up a bit when Neagle, Hardingham hopefully come back into the side next week for finals. A real negative from todays game.

Christian Bock: Man V Child, David V Goliath. That is how I summarise his game today. He played in the ruck with a few stints forward (where he looked lost and dropped a couple of absolutely sitters) against Steven King and he got monstered. King just brushed past this stick figure we call a ruckmen. Bock did not try and change it up at all, could of tried jumping earlier to negate the body, jumping over him. His hand eye co ordination is way off the money. He does not mind getting his hands dirty though, with a few times he put in crucial second efforts against smaller on ballers at ground level, whilst trying to help out his team mates clear the ball. Perhaps just a down day today from young Christian.

Bachar Houli: Did Not Play

Tom Bellchambers: Rucked most of the afternoon, but was also soundly beaten. He did well against the lesser experienced Steven Gartner, but was struggling with a calf injury (strapping on his right calf). Was really lumbering around and ran out of huff in the last quarter (where he was replaced with young Trent Shinners in the ruck). Not a great day for the kid.

Marcus Marigliani: Did Not Play

Not much to really report on, we struggled... big time with quite a few top up players. Of the Bendigo guys, them naming Duscher in the bests is being quite generous, but then again, not many Bendigo guys did anything. Michael James never stopped trying but did not have much of an impact on the game as he has in previous matches, Brad Collins, who started off relatively well, got lost later in the match, while his ball use was also a bit of a let down. Often kicing 40 meter 'copters'. Young Jacob Thompson who I have been a bit critical of played his best game I have seen him play. Not the quickest guy going around, or the most skilled, but he certainly has a dip. Smart and creative going forwards, he put his body on the line a few times and was rewarded with his best game for the Bendigo Bombers.

One guy I would like to make a special mention to is young Peirce Liddle, the 20 year old who has crossed from VFL rival Casey Scorpions. He played ferociously all game and fought right to the end, through around his 77kg frame around like he wiehged 20 kilo's more. He is super quick and put pressure on the Sandringham guys whenever he was in the vacinity.

Overall though, with such a young and inexperienced line up, we were never going to give the strong Sandringham side much of a scare. We could not find right avenues to goal (which was highlighted in the quarter time speech - lead patterns; "mix it up, do not all lead to the one spot"), whilst our young bodies were simply not big enough to compete with the likes of Irving, Steven, Magner and Co..

Any ways, next week we have the first week of the finals, which is looking like we are going to be playing Northern Bullants (Carlton affiliate) on Sunday 29th August at TEAC Oval, Port Melbourne.

Should be a good game, and hopefully we can 'get some players back'.

Any ways guys, any questions about the game today, I am happy to answer them.

HFF_07

My view. Waste of an afternoon, should of slept instead.

Rucks, both s**t house, Bock can go where ever he wants, wont even be VFL standard. Almost 32 yo Steven King killed both of them. We stuffed up last draft big time. Nathan Vardy is already showing plenty in geelongs 2's.

Atkinson did nothing i liked, a couple of dashes and then turned it over.

Slattery was very good against Sautner. Only deserved 2-3.

Still was good in the 2nd qtr, nowhere for the rest, got cleaned up pretty heavily but played on. No Bendigo fwd looked like doing anything.

Of the Bendigo kids Duscher starting to get some attention from opposition, he's on the radar. Kicking is the only query i have on him. Papalia i think it was first time ive seen him looked alright (wearing 43 :confused: imabitsuss) and 49 was good to.

terrible game coming in to the finals... shattered....

does anyone know if we play Saturday or Sunday next week?!

My view. Waste of an afternoon, should of slept instead.

Rucks, both s**t house, Bock can go where ever he wants, wont even be VFL standard. Almost 32 yo Steven King killed both of them. We stuffed up last draft big time. Nathan Vardy is already showing plenty in geelongs 2's.

Atkinson did nothing i liked, a couple of dashes and then turned it over.

Slattery was very good against Sautner. Only deserved 2-3.

Still was good in the 2nd qtr, nowhere for the rest, got cleaned up pretty heavily but played on. No Bendigo fwd looked like doing anything.

Of the Bendigo kids Duscher starting to get some attention from opposition, he's on the radar. Kicking is the only query i have on him. Papalia i think it was first time ive seen him looked alright (wearing 43 :confused: imabitsuss) and 49 was good to.

# 49 was young Matthew Ladson (Hawthorn's Rick Ladson's little brother), tagged Jack Steven, followed him like a glove. Was even singled out at three quarter time for his job.

Not sure who #71 was? Can you help me out here?

Still was ordinary all day in my opinion. What did he do that was worth mention? No dig, just want to know what you think?

hey hff_07

always love reading your posts, great work

the fletcher son clone comment? is it he;s nephew?
ive seen this kid around with him a lot didn't think he had a son

gee hopefully it is could be the first father son to play together

hey hff_07

Fletch has two sons :)

# 49 was young Matthew Ladson (Hawthorn's Rick Ladson's little brother), tagged Jack Steven, followed him like a glove. Was even singled out at three quarter time for his job.

Not sure who #71 was? Can you help me out here?

Still was ordinary all day in my opinion. What did he do that was worth mention? No dig, just want to know what you think?

I think 71 was Masters.

Still kicked a good goal from set shot about 40+ out, tricky breeze and was involved in another. 2 old blokes next to me thought he was good in that qtr as well.

Re: Fletchers kids has two and one (think hes bout 8 now) is in my cousins class so occasionlly I get some inside word from the classroom :thumbsu:

I think 71 was Masters.

Still kicked a good goal from set shot about 40+ out, tricky breeze and was involved in another. 2 old blokes next to me thought he was good in that qtr as well.

Yeah, wasn't sure..

The kid wearing number 43 (Bachar Houli's number) really threw me out a little.

hey hff_07

Imagine that, lol. Has that ever happened before in VFL/AFL? Historian do your stuff, lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im glad Fletch has two boys. Great stuff for the footy club and its fans.

In even better news for Fletch, was someone wanted to procreate with him! It is a huge accomplishment for the man we love, but we dont love him for his looks!

Box Hill v Bendigo - Sunday 2pm at Box Hill.

$15 to get in for adults - kids free.

HFF old son, catch ya there I'm assuming?
Kids being sub 18? if so sweet

Box Hill v Bendigo - Sunday 2pm at Box Hill.

$15 to get in for adults - kids free.

HFF old son, catch ya there I'm assuming?

Pazza

Kids for free - Should see a few from this board in attendance.:D

Made me LOL :D

Hey Yaco

Am genuinely considering going to the Nick Carter B&F dinner on Friday September 17th..

Should I go?

Not sure, they are presenting the team of the decade as well that night..

I would go if I was in Melbourne.

Seems to be nearly confirmed that I will be in Melbourne - end of March to End of April 2010.

Have to attend a wedding 03/04/2010 so can watch AFL footy, as well as Anzac Day, attend the wedding and celebrate Easter at home.

Can you believe that jenny bought a dress yesterday for the wedding in April.

Ouch !

I would go if I was in Melbourne.

Seems to be nearly confirmed that I will be in Melbourne - end of March to End of April 2010.

Have to attend a wedding 03/04/2010 so can watch AFL footy, as well as Anzac Day, attend the wedding and celebrate Easter at home.

Can you believe that jenny bought a dress yesterday for the wedding in April.

Ouch !

I feel your pain brother. November I am taking the plunge!

I feel your pain brother. November I am taking the plunge!

TT

Should have clarified it is for a Cousin's wedding - We are already married.

The dress could be out of fashion by April.:eek:

TT

Should have clarified it is for a Cousin's wedding - We are already married.

The dress could be out of fashion by April.:eek:

Fair enough!

Your not wrong. She might get use out of it for a Xmas party, then you will need to fork out for another for the Wedding!

However, your married. You would already know this! lol

How many Essendon players qualify for finals?

Jarrod Atkinson, Tom Bellchambers, Christian Bock, Jake Carlisle, Stewart Crameri, Kyle Hardingham, Bachar Houli, Marcus Marigliani, David Myers, Jay Neagle, Michael Quinn, Tyson Slattery, Matthew Still, John Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back