BBL Signings 2022/23

Remove this Banner Ad

Heat would be smart to keep Brown for one more season at least. Unless they can pick up another explosive batsman to replace him with.

That being said I can see a Brown move to the Renegades being as successful as Simmons move to the Strikers.

this is what the Herald Sun article behind the paywall is saying:
Alex Ross returns to Strikers
Hamish McKenzie interest from Stars/Sixers
Josh Brown to Renegades?
Nic Maddinson no contract
This bloke has done well to make a career of batting at 5-6, only have 1 shot, and only ever being a bit part cricketer. Bloody hell

This bloke has done well to make a career of batting at 5-6, only have 1 shot, and only ever being a bit part cricketer. Bloody hell

I think it shows how hard it is to get good middle order batsman. Obviously the better players all want to bat top 4.

One of the worse kept BBL signing secrets is nearly confirmed

The Brisbane Heat is resigned to losing power-hitting Big Bash cult hero Josh Brown to a large four-year contract with the Melbourne Renegades.

Brown, 30, was the talk of the Big Bash after smashing a sensational 140 off 57 balls in this year’s semi-final against the Strikers then 53 off 38 against the Sydney Sixers in the final as the Heat stormed to its second title.

Even before that it was believed the Renegades were desperate to lure Brown to Melbourne and the Heat, which offered him a shorter but still substantial deal, is bracing itself for Brown’s shock departure next summer.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t move by Brown considering Heat played him for the whole season when he couldn’t get bat to ball before the 140.
If the money offered is that much better, as if you wouldn't take it considering he's not gonna see money like that again in his working life?

s**t move by Brown considering Heat played him for the whole season when he couldn’t get bat to ball before the 140.

From a Brisbane Heat point of view, I get what you're saying but Josh Brown won't play for Australia in international cricket so his best bet is to take the best financial offer on the table in the BBL.

ok, then we'll pick someone else

This isn't the first time he's issued this threat. Will he follow through this time? I do get his and Afghanistan's frustration around Australia playing against them in ICC events but not bilateral series on neutral territory.

This isn't the first time he's issued this threat. Will he follow through this time? I do get his and Afghanistan's frustration around Australia playing against them in ICC events but not bilateral series on neutral territory.
Bilateral series are under our control and reward Afghanistan with money and credibility. ICC events are outside our control and don't involve us propping them up in any way. What's more, Australia beating them at the World Cup cost them a semi-final berth, more money and more credibility, so he can suffer in his jocks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back