BBL Signings 2022/23

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there anywhere to see who is out of contract next year? Stars need to sign a couple of decent players instead of rolling out Stoinis and Webster and Paris

This is Stonis’ last season on his contract so I’d imagine he goes elsewhere, whether that be another BBL team or another league.

I would’ve thought Webster is one guy the Stars could build their side around. I rate him. Love Paris as a red ball bowler but think there’s enough evidence now to say he’s a pretty ordinary T20 player for whatever reason.

Last edited:

I guess with O'Keefe retiring Murph will get to bowl more than 2 overs a game now.
Philippe has been crap for them and WA for ages

Imagine posting that Stoinis news to their social media accounts expecting a positive response.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The WA inside job to whiteant the Stars will continue for another 3 years.

Stoin has signed on for another 3 years at the Stars. Rest easy Scorchers fans.
As long as we don't now read that the Renegades have re-signed Maddison for 3 years

I'm not sure which would be the worse deal

From the Herald Sun article on Sutherland's re-signing:

Sutherland joins fellow Australian call-up Jake Fraser-McGurk in extending his contract with the Renegades, who are hunting the signature of Brisbane Heat blaster Josh Brown after a disappointing campaign.

“Will is a type of player we want to help lead our club for years to come and we’re thrilled to have him for four more seasons,” said Renegades general manager James Rosengarten.

“We’ve witnessed his impressive development as a player and leader first-hand and are continually impressed with the way he goes about his business.

“The playing group really look up to Will and he’s such a great club person.

---

Two things I take from that:
  • we aren't targeting/expecting both Clarke & QDK to return if we're targeting a local opener
  • I like the leader/ship talk around Sutherland, and thinking we'll see him formalised as our captain going forward

The thing with Stoinis is his form has plummeted, take aside his performance in new years eve, he was striking it at 107.5 strike rate in BBL 13 from 9 matches. And the SA20 he has looked cooked as well, striking it no better than 105 strike rate from 5 games.

His body language looks shot at the moment. He would probably be one of their higher paid players at the Stars too, commanding at least $300,000 per season. In the last 2 seasons anyway, he has looked like a player that looks like he would rather be anyway near that Stars set up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back