List Mgmt. Bassirou Faye - Possible Cat B Rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would Chol be any happier at Collingwood behind Grundy, Cox and Cameron? If he’s going to make it he needs to work on his forward craft. The reason we’d be interested in Faye is as a free hit replacement for Lynch.

Youd hope that we would be smart enough to actually play Chol. But given that we're unwilling to play Cameron, you're right, he'd never get a look.

PSD = Waste of Time but this might make it Change

That’s always been the rule Dave.

Adelaide added Hately in the PSD didn’t they?

Last edited:
Dave do you honestly think he will play a single game for us theres no point even remembering his name.

sad where the clubs at

Never Say Never.

Want to see him Play and Develop before saying anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never Say Never.

Want to see him Play and Develop before saying anything
Yeah who knows? He obviously has some attributes which have peaked the interest of some clubs.
Should tick off recommendation number 3 on the Do Better report.

Where are we at? We need to stop with blokes who don’t have a clue
Dave do you honestly think he will play a single game for us theres no point even remembering his name.

sad where the clubs at
Get him on a plane

Lets see where his at..

Club is a joke
This chap is not actually being put onto our list (for now at least). Not even as a Cat. B Rookie. He's simply been signed as an International Scholarship player. Plenty of them have been signed over the years (by various clubs) but never actually made it onto the club's AFL list (some have). If we like what we see of him we can put him on as a Cat B Rookie at the end of the year. We should have two vacancies there by then with Tohill and Wilson having done their time (as Cat. B's). But as of now we're no more committed to taking him than we were with e.g. Elijah Edwards (and any of the other NSW Scholarship players we didn't take a few years back). Especially now that list sizes have been reduced I think we should always try to have the maximum number (two) of Cat. B's. If we don't like what we see of him over the next few months we don't have to take him. Perhaps he will impress and we'll get a bargain! Given his youth, size and athleticism it seems a worthwhile gamble, especially as it costs us bugger all!

No harm in giving the young man a go at making it at the level. Sounds like he has the aerobic capabilities, and looks like he will play some NAB league this year, so will be interesting to track his progress.

I think because we have given up 5 1st rd picks in recent seasons so we have to think outside the box and this bloke is definitely outside the box but he has the physique for the game. I do not see the problem with it I don,t care where someone comes from as long as they improve us thats all I care about.

All This means is that we beat out 2-3 clubs on something that will take 4-5 years (if at all) and the fact he had an Oakleigh connection meant we were always the front runners, also the fact we are the biggest club and this is the mentality of unknowns looking to find their way into success, especially basketball players.

Given our dearth of draft picks and the disrupted sports competitions worldwide, I think it would actually be kind of cool if we just started recruiting heavily from overseas.

I'm not too keen on too many really speculative talls. Especially key forwards. I can hack it if it's ruck. But still feel we've got a lot with Cox, Keane, Tohill, Wilson, Madge on the list. You at best get a bit part player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back