AFL Grand Final Best GF ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, both my team and yours aren’t going amazing (ours much worse).

I hate Collingwood BUT

Until 2023, the best standard of footy in a GF I had seen live was 2011. Didn’t end well for you blokes but what a great game.

2023 GF tops it. The best footy ever in a granny.

Along with 1989, 1979, last qtr of 2018 lol, and my teams GFs, it’s a game I will watch on and off for many years to come.

What a game. One you can all take to the grave.

If season ends up going to pot, pop it on.
If it doesn’t, watch it anyway.

Cheers and all the best for the rest of the year.

Crazy random thread but appreciate the sentiment lol

It's funny how Collingwood so frequently ends up in "all time" great Grand Finals that are widely considered high quality games of footy.

2011, 2018, 2023

You can argue it’s one of many reasons the competition struggles to stay relevant without Collingwood in it ;).

13: nothing GF
14: nothing GF
15: nothing GF
16: rigged GF
17: nothing GF
18: epic GF
19: nothing GF
20: irrelevant year
21: Perth GF
22: nothing GF
23: epic GF

Though being more serious while 2023 was amazing and an all time great, the run of grand finals between 09-12 is just unmatched for skill and drama.

Ok, both my team and yours aren’t going amazing (ours much worse).

I hate Collingwood BUT

Until 2023, the best standard of footy in a GF I had seen live was 2011. Didn’t end well for you blokes but what a great game.

2023 GF tops it. The best footy ever in a granny.

Along with 1989, 1979, last qtr of 2018 lol, and my teams GFs, it’s a game I will watch on and off for many years to come.

What a game. One you can all take to the grave.

If season ends up going to pot, pop it on.
If it doesn’t, watch it anyway.

Cheers and all the best for the rest of the year.

Have to agree. The two top teams of 2023 met in a clash that came down to the final seconds of the game. The pressure and skills on display in the 2023 gf was insane

Crazy random thread but appreciate the sentiment lol

It's funny how Collingwood so frequently ends up in "all time" great Grand Finals that are widely considered high quality games of footy.

2011, 2018, 2023
Yeah we do. Unfortunately we have lost most of the 'all time' great grand finals we have played in. My poor Dad can't watch tv during grand final week because of all the replays of 66, 70, 79 etc. I'm the same with 2018.

Ah well, at least we now know that 2023 will be replayed on tv for decades to come!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back