Ballarat Football League - 2006-2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Ballarat Football League

Robbo, Climas, Petran, Blade all great players, would star in any comparitive leagues. James......well massive guns, skinny legs, would be nothing without midfield delivery, saw him play in semi against Diggers in the centre at rain soaked Gilbert Gordon oval ( terrible ground when wet) nonetheless, he think he gods gift to footy looking 4ward to him struggling to kick goals at Sunbury

Some background on sunbury's recruits

More on Sunbury recruits:

Climas 20y/o 6ft2 inside midfielder previously at Bendigo Bombers great inside hands good disposal athleticaly very strong will be good enough in any league.

Robertson 20y/o 6ft2 midfielder little bit more outside than Climas. Premiership player at cannons in 07 thought was outside chance of rookie listing last year. Very clean below knees good disposal looks slow but isn't. Will be dangerous.

Petran 20 y/o key forward 6ft ish power forward who is a great mark for size will need to develop a bit to make it at this level as a key forward. If left as 3rd or 4th forward will be very effective. Left footer penetrating kick.

James Full Forward getting on a bit now has kicked 100+ last 3 seasons, past league B+F in RDFL. Will have good and bad days.

Blade outside 1/2 fwd I think the least of the group to have an impact. Past Gisborne player before going to RDFL. Will hurt if left alone runs hard.

Can any of the Darley people confirm another big signing? The player played with Miller when he was at Richmond.

Good to see some league players running around in the BFL. Urch, Fiora with Darley. Nathan Thomson with Ballarat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What recruits have Darley officially signed?
Dryden & Urch are signed sealed delivered.
Newton has not missed a night of training yet, don't know whether the ink has dried though.
Was joking about Fiora, not sure what KA has heard, but it sounds good.
Cousins was committed, but he got drafted.

More on Sunbury recruits:

Climas 20y/o 6ft2 inside midfielder previously at Bendigo Bombers great inside hands good disposal athleticaly very strong will be good enough in any league.

Robertson 20y/o 6ft2 midfielder little bit more outside than Climas. Premiership player at cannons in 07 thought was outside chance of rookie listing last year. Very clean below knees good disposal looks slow but isn't. Will be dangerous.

Petran 20 y/o key forward 6ft ish power forward who is a great mark for size will need to develop a bit to make it at this level as a key forward. If left as 3rd or 4th forward will be very effective. Left footer penetrating kick.

James Full Forward getting on a bit now has kicked 100+ last 3 seasons, past league B+F in RDFL. Will have good and bad days.

Blade outside 1/2 fwd I think the least of the group to have an impact. Past Gisborne player before going to RDFL. Will hurt if left alone runs hard.

I Saw all these players last year in a very ordinary luegue, young Kids still learning the game. Will help Sunbury's depth but nothing else.
I was also talking with Lee James on Sunday and he has not signed, and is still thinking of playing in a lesser Grade due to work commitments.:thumbsdown:

I guess they do exist

North City signs Payne as coach

18/12/2008 11:15:00 PM
WITH Payne comes gain will be North City's motto in the Ballarat Football League next season.
The club has signed former Melton coach Simon Payne as senior coach for 2009, with 2008 coach Aaron Clark as his assistant.
Payne, 2007 BFL coach of the year, was looking forward to his new role.
"It's very exciting," he said.
"It's a great club with a proud history and I'm just really looking forward to getting into it after a couple of years down the highway."
With pre-season starting on November 5, Payne was eager to sit down with Clark and see where the club was at.
"I've got to sit down with Aaron and go through what type of players we've got to look for," Payne said.
"You never know, there might be a couple of Melton players who are disgruntled who want to come up the highway as well."
Clark said the main focus would be on developing the existing list.
"No doubt every club needs to top-up with some quality players from elsewhere," he said.
"But we'll be focussing on what we have."
Following the sudden death of his partner Georgina Kickett recently, Clark has decided to step back from his coaching role to concentrate on his young family.
"I was signed on for two years as senior coach but because of the tragedy of the loss of my partner, I made the decision to take a step back from the senior role.
"I'll stay involved in some coaching aspect at the moment."
And he felt the club was moving in the right direction.
"We won three of our last five matches in the year, so certainly things started to come together quite well."
With one of those wins coming against eventual-premiers Ballarat, Payne was looking to build on Clark's work and get the club further up the ladder.
"That's our main aim for the year, to be competitive and the results will take care of themselves," Payne said.
He is hoping his time as an opposition analyst for AFL club the Adelaide Crows will help North City.
"You pick up a lot of game styles and plays which you can adapt to Ballarat footy.
"It's been real handy."
The former ruckman first started playing for Melton in 1998, playing in two premierships before retiring in 2004.
He then moved into an assistant coaching role with the Bloods in their 2005 premiership season and took over the helm of the club two years later. Mark Petrie was also appointed reserves coach, while Wayne Walton is in charge of the under-18s.

I guess they do exist

North City signs Payne as coach

18/12/2008 11:15:00 PM
WITH Payne comes gain will be North City's motto in the Ballarat Football League next season.
The club has signed former Melton coach Simon Payne as senior coach for 2009, with 2008 coach Aaron Clark as his assistant.
Payne, 2007 BFL coach of the year, was looking forward to his new role.
"It's very exciting," he said.
"It's a great club with a proud history and I'm just really looking forward to getting into it after a couple of years down the highway."
With pre-season starting on November 5, Payne was eager to sit down with Clark and see where the club was at.
"I've got to sit down with Aaron and go through what type of players we've got to look for," Payne said.
"You never know, there might be a couple of Melton players who are disgruntled who want to come up the highway as well."
Clark said the main focus would be on developing the existing list.
"No doubt every club needs to top-up with some quality players from elsewhere," he said.
"But we'll be focussing on what we have."
Following the sudden death of his partner Georgina Kickett recently, Clark has decided to step back from his coaching role to concentrate on his young family.
"I was signed on for two years as senior coach but because of the tragedy of the loss of my partner, I made the decision to take a step back from the senior role.
"I'll stay involved in some coaching aspect at the moment."
And he felt the club was moving in the right direction.
"We won three of our last five matches in the year, so certainly things started to come together quite well."
With one of those wins coming against eventual-premiers Ballarat, Payne was looking to build on Clark's work and get the club further up the ladder.
"That's our main aim for the year, to be competitive and the results will take care of themselves," Payne said.
He is hoping his time as an opposition analyst for AFL club the Adelaide Crows will help North City.
"You pick up a lot of game styles and plays which you can adapt to Ballarat footy.
"It's been real handy."
The former ruckman first started playing for Melton in 1998, playing in two premierships before retiring in 2004.
He then moved into an assistant coaching role with the Bloods in their 2005 premiership season and took over the helm of the club two years later. Mark Petrie was also appointed reserves coach, while Wayne Walton is in charge of the under-18s.

Word im hearing is that payne and his north city group are moving to a lower league. but its not confirmed which league that is yet. has anyone else heard this rumour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back