Ballarat FL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed!!!! bfl is really struggling for any sought of following in recent years.

Ballarat clubs are struggling for any sort of following. The Darley reserves would have had more people watching them than North Ballarat in the seniors on Saturday.

People up there continue to pot the culture of clubs like Darley and Sunbury, but they have a strong following that turn out every week and pump thousands of dollars into the league through gate takings and alcohol sales.

Darley was the only club with a decent turn out saturday that created a bit of atomspehere down there end.
Dont know what gonna be done (if anything) to improve BFL crowds. Fevola at Bacchus Marsh nearly drew the same size crowd as saturday.

Darley was the only club with a decent turn out saturday that created a bit of atomspehere down there end.
Dont know what gonna be done (if anything) to improve BFL crowds. Fevola at Bacchus Marsh nearly drew the same size crowd as saturday.

Censored atmosphere. Apparently some light-hearted banter between rival clubs is outlawed these days at the BFL games. Maybe that was the problem, all the true supporters who actually go there to support were banned?

Anyone know what the Facebook drama was all about ?
It is the story of Mark Zuckerberg, creator and developer of Facebook. The title of the film you speak of is The Social Network. It comes highly recommended and stars Jesse Eisenberg and Justin Timberlake.

There was a post on his account mouthing off, it was made by a mate of his apparently.

Fair enough
Thanks for the info
I gather it didn't go down very well from Sunburys response according to what I read in the papers
I hope it wouldn't tarnish what was a pretty good GF by all reports

No worries,
What did Sunbury say/which paper was it in?

I read about it in the courier and then half saw a snippet on the tv
Also half heard a bit on SEN but wasn't really taking much notice until I realised what they were talking about
I think a caller rang in about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally some good news on the coaching front for two of the struggling teams of this league.
Cam Richardson ex north melb - playing coach at Bacchus Marsh
Brad Murphy ex west bulldogs - playing coach at Melton

Hopefully both will bring recruits along.

A couple meant to be going to Rupertswood as well.
That said, Sunbury is a good club and I expect them to replace those leaving and be there abouts again next season.

seems like you love naming names on here, so who were the blokes that sold em out? or aren't you man enough to name em after potting em I wonder??

I am not getting into a game of tennis backwards and forward .
So this will be my last post on this topic .

Was forwarded thru a copy of your previous post which you deleted
why would discredit a premiership player and 200 game player
and say he was not tough enough or good enough to get a game in the grand final .

Maybe thats your problem , critisising players that have left , and not the
first time you have had a crack at former players and then deleted the post .

I dont think you would appreciate people having a shot at your son

I posted a true and accurate version of events , unlike your goodself who over time
has no hesitation in giving players a whack on here.

So Chambers is leaving aswell? Him, Cariss, Cheep not only a lose for sunbury but also the BFL.

this is a very one-sided reply about the state at sunbury.

Of the names mentioned Cheep and Calrke were two that left before the 2013 season started only to find out their money tree fell down and came back to Sunbury, Looks like they are now looking for money eslewhere again and no doubt will put a big price on their heads. $s heard are massive, especially if all done as a package group as is going around.

Two assistant coaches that were mentioned both sound a lot like sour grapes where they have missed out on their plans to whiteant the coach with the aim of getting the job themselves, not the right way to gain friends and influence people, especially being Sunbury boys.

other comments about "none of senior group" have confidence in ricks coaching is too generalised a comment. just guessing and not accurate

Agree with some of the comments, especially about game plans (or lack of) but season was a mess all year, injuries, VFL payers, etc., meant that the GF team did not all play together till the last game, there was no continuity over the year. Was also reason why players may have got games during the year only to miss out on finals, but this happens everywhere, happened in 2012 with Sunbury.

Maybe its the changing of the guard time, guys all getting older and after 3 GFs in a row and the lure of making big bucks in their twilight years have seen this as a chance to go. Agree the whole process has been very disappointing and also agree that this has not been managed/controlled from a board level. Maybe there is still time to be resolved, Who knows we can only hope.

this is a very one-sided reply about the state at sunbury.

Of the names mentioned Cheep and Calrke were two that left before the 2013 season started only to find out their money tree fell down and came back to Sunbury, Looks like they are now looking for money eslewhere again and no doubt will put a big price on their heads. $s heard are massive, especially if all done as a package group as is going around.

Two assistant coaches that were mentioned both sound a lot like sour grapes where they have missed out on their plans to whiteant the coach with the aim of getting the job themselves, not the right way to gain friends and influence people, especially being Sunbury boys.

other comments about "none of senior group" have confidence in ricks coaching is too generalised a comment. just guessing and not accurate

Agree with some of the comments, especially about game plans (or lack of) but season was a mess all year, injuries, VFL payers, etc., meant that the GF team did not all play together till the last game, there was no continuity over the year. Was also reason why players may have got games during the year only to miss out on finals, but this happens everywhere, happened in 2012 with Sunbury.

Maybe its the changing of the guard time, guys all getting older and after 3 GFs in a row and the lure of making big bucks in their twilight years have seen this as a chance to go. Agree the whole process has been very disappointing and also agree that this has not been managed/controlled from a board level. Maybe there is still time to be resolved, Who knows we can only hope.

SUNBURY will still be a force to reckon with in the bfl in 2014 i reckon, got alot of good juniors coming thru aswell

I have gathered this information that these players j.edwards,l.brennan,and t.cartledge where the only ex afl or listed rookies that played in your comp in 2013 let me know if was more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back