Ballarat FL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of officials that post on here. Let's say Wild Bill isn't one which makes rooboy79 telling the truth. In fact most of the umpires actually deal with rooboy79 when they enter the rooms.

Being a Sunbury official doesn't automatically mean he knows the various players reasons for leaving. I guarantee friends and family of those involved will know more. You may believe him but as I said, I know for a fact that rooboy is wrong with his initial explanation.
Despite the effort to spin things either way, 12-16 players (depending who you listen to) don't leave in one off season without some sort of drama. All clubs have some sort of turnover but that is extreme.

14 of Sunbury's starting 22 have walked out on the club. We have a spin merchant come on here and make up reasons why they have left. He has either made things up, guessed or spoken to the wrong people. End of the day we can bump that post and prove it to be incorrect when the football season starts in 2014.

I could not name seeing any umpire at any game I have ever attended. The most irrelevant part of the game and seeing as he hangs out with the umpires really does not help his case or adds any credibility...

Some of these guys have legit reasons for leaving, some are putting a spin on it so they don't look as bad.

Some facts:

Horwood was unavailable for contact on that article, as it stated.
Clarke , Sleight, J Lobb, Cariss & Short all getting paid more 2014 than 2013 at their new clubs
McGovern /Monzell returned to junior club
S Lobb/Cuinik/O’Connor retired
Coleman back to home club Maffra
Fedoruk year off, final year of uni
Chambers undecided
Rest have stayed

Game plan was good enough to only lose 10.5 games in 3 years.
Easy to say out coached in GF but kicking 3 goals 9 points in 2nd half might had had something to do with it.
Sounds like sour grapes from a couple of blokes that wanted to take over the senior coaching roles & committee went with Horwood.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the article.

Or are you unavailable to comment?

Pretty balanced article taking quotes from all sides.

Have been told with Dave Barry ex rupo coach and Jamie Elliott from diggers coming on board they have attempted to lure some rdfl players. I'm told they were only able to get Rupo's ruckmen but could be wrong. Ironically the players from those 2 sides had similar issues with those coaches as Cheep portrayed in the article.

Sunbury will be fine either way. Healthy financially, strong juniors and plenty of room to move now. Sometimes strong clubs need a down year or 2.

Pretty balanced article taking quotes from all sides.

Have been told with Dave Barry ex rupo coach and Jamie Elliott from diggers coming on board they have attempted to lure some rdfl players. I'm told they were only able to get Rupo's ruckmen but could be wrong. Ironically the players from those 2 sides had similar issues with those coaches as Cheep portrayed in the article.

Sunbury will be fine either way. Healthy financially, strong juniors and plenty of room to move now. Sometimes strong clubs need a down year or 2.

I have to say I have also found this one astonishing and have been waiting for it to be raised on here. Not only did the Sunbury board re-appoint a coach that the players didn't feel connected to, they also appointed some assistants in Barry and Elliot that had the exact same issues at their clubs this year. It will be very interesting to see how this pans out for the Lions.

they also appointed some assistants in Barry and Elliot that had the exact same issues at their clubs this year. It will be very interesting to see how this pans out for the Lions.

What were the issues at Diggers and Rupo this year?

Can't speak for diggers, as it is second and third hand info, but as far as rupo I guess there was a general feeling of being disenchanted with regard to the program (training, game plan and communication). It was nothing personal but a change was needed. He did make some really positive changes to the place but the time had come to move on. When I read the Sunbury players quotes in the article I can definitely relate to our situation.

Sent from my C625b using Tapatalk

I think you are putting the spin on.

How do you know what they are getting paid? You think an RDFL club could compete with Sunbury? S Lobb is playing in 2014.

Who are the rest that are staying? Clarke, Cheep, Slight, Carriss, Short, McGovern, Monzell, S Lobb, J Lobb, Cuinik, O'Connor, Coleman, Fedoruk, Chambers all gone.

I would consider that a mass exodus. If the coach has nothing to do with one or all of them leaving then I am happy enough to dress up in drag and toss the coin at Sunbury's 1st home game.

just wanted to let you know that diggers in the rdfl offered Andrew duhau more money to play their than Sunbury last year, he chose Sunbury to play a higher standard of football, they also offered Brett Chambers more money than what he was getting at Sunbury this year, he chose Rupo because of connection with Jordan from days at Sunbury together. so please don't be under this assumption that all these Sunbury guys were on huge money, in many cases they could have got much more from other clubs over the years, but stayed at Sunbury because they liked playing with each other.

You would be surprised at some of the budgets of the rdfl clubs...

If it came down to money and a bidding war between Sunbury and an RDFL club it would not even be a contest. Sunbury Lions get more just from the Pokies than the highest paying RDFL club entire player payments. They would have muliple players over $1,000 a game.

Way off the mark there. they only get a dividend and I think at the highest of times it was 100k.

Which is a great advantage but some riddell clubs would pay more than that. Maybe three on 1k or

more. you would be surprised what someone like sleight was getting, nearly their best player and only on

half of the mentioned amount.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Way off the mark there. they only get a dividend and I think at the highest of times it was 100k.

Which is a great advantage but some riddell clubs would pay more than that. Maybe three on 1k or

more. you would be surprised what someone like sleight was getting, nearly their best player and only on

They offered more than a number of edfl clubs (a comp renowned for crazy player payments) were prepared to match.. while people do exaggerate amounts of $ to suit their agenda, by the same token they weren't there due to their love of the club alone.

Rdfl clubs have great player payments than 100k? Which clubs?

If it came down to money and a bidding war between Sunbury and an RDFL club it would not even be a contest. Sunbury Lions get more just from the Pokies than the highest paying RDFL club entire player payments. They would have muliple players over $1,000 a game.

It doesn't come down to a bidding war cos Sunbury have to pay most of their senior list good money, if an rdfl club comes in offering big money they can't match it cos their so heavily committed to so many other players on the list..

It doesn't come down to a bidding war cos Sunbury have to pay most of their senior list good money, if an rdfl club comes in offering big money they can't match it cos their so heavily committed to so many other players on the list..
Sunbury would find the money if they really wanted the player and it came down to dollars. Other factors may get them to leave. Cariss has taken a pay cut to get play at Riddell as they could not match Sunburys offer. With cheep Clarke lobb etc also leaving they could triple rupos best offer for Chambers. I would tip Sunbury having more $1,000 a game players than the entire RDFL.

Sunbury would find the money if they really wanted the player and it came down to dollars. Other factors may get them to leave. Cariss has taken a pay cut to get play at Riddell as they could not match Sunburys offer. With cheep Clarke lobb etc also leaving they could triple rupos best offer for Chambers. I would tip

They will need every cent of this supposed wealth to replace the players they lost...I still believe you are dreaming about their match payments, they would be lucky to have 3 players on over $1k a game last year...one player in the rdfl is getting a package of $30k this season...riddell are able to get players jobs, what's that worth??$40-50kpa ??the gap is not as big as you think..

Jarrod Edwards back to North City, no guarantees that he'll be play, the club wants him to earn back the respect of the side after this seasons effort.

Springbank Football Club (central highlands football league) ballarat area are looking for practises matches for the following dates:

15th March 2014
22nd March 2014

Our ground is available but willing to travel if suits.

Kind regards

SFNC - 0433764761

Any news on recruits/players movements??
Chambers officially gone to Rupo
Darley signed a couple ex-vfl blokes from Altona im hearing.
Not much news on Bacchus Marsh (as usual)..no major signings yet apart from the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back