Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

White Nstionalist and proven liar, Tucker Carlson doing an Australian tour with Clive Palmer, supported by the Mineralology foundation ( of course)
He wants to fix our country.
What a joke.
No one wants thst US craziness to take over here, surely.
Of course a few on here might be lining up for front row tickets.
"white nationalist" - lol. Cute that you Lefties are still doing this.

White Nstionalist and proven liar, Tucker Carlson doing an Australian tour with Clive Palmer, supported by the Mineralology foundation ( of course)
He wants to fix our country.
What a joke.
No one wants that US craziness to take over here, surely.
Of course a few on here might be lining up for front row tickets.

Tucker Carlson is a parasite

You know, one thing this board needs is 5 pages of covid talk. I've always thought we never have enough.
There are some who just refuse to get on with their lives & still have nightmares over covid...

There are some who just refuse to get on with their lives & still have nightmares over covid...

I understand a quick discussion of covid when news relating to politics subsides, not sure how a now removed vaccine has anything to do with australian politics. I would love it, if the mods removed the conspiracy talk. Its 99% BS

I understand a quick discussion of covid when news relating to politics subsides, not sure how a now removed vaccine has anything to do with australian politics. I would love it, if the mods removed the conspiracy talk. Its 99% BS
Apparently any statistical change in diagnosis rates is due the covid vaccine... yet covid itself is still more of an issue than the vaccine itself. Whilst it's on the rise again, it's no longer the major concern it was due to these lesser strains. Should be treated now like a bad flu.

For starters, we're still feeling the effects of political decisions made in response to Covid. And it is expected that future pandemics will occur so it's always relevant to consider lessons from the last one.

Suppose news breaks tonight of a new virus with the same profile as the initial Covid strains, and a handful of cases have been detected in Adelaide. Pectoral Pete orders immediate lockdowns and state border closure until the case count returns to 0, following which we'll have the same rules as 2020 to maintain Zero cases until a yet-to-be-developed vaccine arrives. You on board with that?

For starters, we're still feeling the effects of political decisions made in response to Covid. And it is expected that future pandemics will occur so it's always relevant to consider lessons from the last one.

Suppose news breaks tonight of a new virus with the same profile as the initial Covid strains, and a handful of cases have been detected in Adelaide. Pectoral Pete orders immediate lockdowns and state border closure until the case count returns to 0, following which we'll have the same rules as 2020 to maintain Zero cases until a yet-to-be-developed vaccine arrives. You on board with that?

This is why hands down a royal commission needs to be held in every state as well as federally so we can use the findings to establish what went right, what went wrong and where the leaders failed and succeeded.

Its the only way we can write a successful playbook moving forward.

Every Australian should be alarmed that this has not occurred. Clearly both parties have every intention of playing politics with another occurrence and use it for individual political gain.

From the USA but it applies here. Maybe not misinformation by our governments at the time but censorship of science was worse. This guy was a TV presenter whose brother was NY Governor at the time. Cuomo and every other CNN on air personality misled all their viewers. How 180° has his opinion changed.

Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers.

Are you still able to say that or is it considered insensitive to women without kids?

Or those that identify as a woman without kids?

Well I see the winner of Eurovision 2024 identifies as non-binary.

Not sure what that was until I googled it.

Now I know most of my political views are left bias however I don’t get this at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why hands down a royal commission needs to be held in every state as well as federally so we can use the findings to establish what went right, what went wrong and where the leaders failed and succeeded.

Its the only way we can write a successful playbook moving forward.

Every Australian should be alarmed that this has not occurred. Clearly both parties have every intention of playing politics with another occurrence and use it for individual political gain.

You say this yet don’t understand why people are still talking about it. Weird.

From the USA but it applies here. Maybe not misinformation by our governments at the time but censorship of science was worse. This guy was a TV presenter whose brother was NY Governor at the time. Cuomo and every other CNN on air personality misled all their viewers. How 180° has his opinion changed.

The rewriting history stage is well underway.

Now, apparently there wasn’t enough Covid talk on this thread.

From the Herald Sun this weekend:

Judge blasts ‘aggressor’ police over Covid lockdown protests​

Victoria Police used “unlawful” and “unjustified violence” in a violent attack on anti-lockdown protesters during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic, a judge has found.

The judgment has called into question police tactics and prompted calls for prosecutors to consider laying charges against the police involved.

In her stinging judgment Judge Gaynor ruled the arrests unlawful, saying the men did nothing to warrant the violent police response which was captured by body-worn cameras.

At the time of the protest Victorians were subject to strict lockdown conditions including bans on leaving the home and wear face mask requirements.

A 5km bubble was in place for needing to go shopping or wanting to exercise, and both public and private gatherings were explicitly banned.

No wonder Mali wants social media to be banned for kids under 14.

Do we really need to watch stabbings?

There are enough copycats around at the moment...
Social media does so much psychological harm for teenagers that i argue its every bit as damaging as alcohol and cigarettes.

In an ideal world, it should be adults only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back