Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

“Myself, the TGA, the ATAGI group, are all in unanimous agreement that there is no link between Astra Zeneca and the blood clots.” — Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly

View attachment 1974828

The sooner you are named and shamed for peddling misinformation the better 🙃

Did you read that legislation I posted above?

What would you call physically restraining people and forcing medical treatments on them?

I’m sure history has had a few names for this.
I wouldn't say it's communism (e.g. Mengele, Unit 731) but it's an extreme offshoot of authoritarianism and totally unacceptable. Outside of young children and elderly/disabled, health should be an individual responsibility.

I wouldn't say it's communism (e.g. Mengele, Unit 731) but it's an extreme offshoot of authoritarianism and totally unacceptable. Outside of young children and elderly/disabled, health should be an individual responsibility.

They’re the sorts of things synonymous with all types of brutal tyrannical regimes of history, on either side of the aisle.

OGC won’t comment on it.

Just received this in my inbox. Interesting

We’re writing to let you know that from 23 April, RAA will no longer be partnering with Simply Energy as part of our Member Benefits Program.​

We know this may come as a surprise, and we want to assure you that this decision won’t affect your electricity or gas supply. If there’s any change to your plan, Simply Energy will contact you.
Why is this happening?

As the state’s largest member organisation, representing 820,000 South Australians, we’re always looking at ways we can make life better for you.

We don’t think traditional energy companies have always been great at putting customers first.  And with the rising costs of living, it’s become clear that the average energy plan just isn’t working for South Australians, the environment, or the future of energy.

In fact, a recent inquiry into the National Electricity Market by Australia’s consumer watchdog (the ACCC) found that almost 80 per cent of residential customers could be paying less for their energy.​

What’s more, hundreds of customers who have stayed loyal to their retailer are now worse off. We think that’s wrong and we’re doing something about it.

Make the switch for a fairer deal on electricity

We’ve looked into the energy market and found a company that stands out from the rest. Like us, they’re on a mission to make energy cheaper, cleaner and more transparent.​

That’s why we’re now officially partnering with Energy Locals to offer RAA members a fairer deal on electricity.

Burnside Council loves being in th hews.

Burnside Council proposes 14 per cent rate rise, the highest of all metropolitan councils​

An eastern suburbs council is proposing a staggering 14 per cent rate rise during a cost of living crisis, saying it must increase rates in order to break even and maintain assets.

Burnside Council has proposed the highest increase of any metropolitan council after four financial years of modest rate rises – twice at zero, then 3.5 and 6 per cent.

The 14 per cent rise would add $299 a year to the average residential rates bill, or about $25 a month, and would be followed by CPI rate increases over the next two financial years.

When we moved into TTG our council rates were among he best. They certainly they have changed for the worse in recent years .:mad:

West Torrens council looks ok.

1714728808465.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iT wAs nOtHiNg tO dO wItH tHe cOvId rEsPoNsE!!

Hate to say it, but the answer is cheap apartment buildings. Houses are expensive, whereas you could bulk build apartment complexes in outer suburbs. Will they be great, no, but will they ease demand on the rental crises, absolutely. Government just needs to get off its arse and get on with it. Asian countries do it. Many american cities have them too.

Just received this in my inbox. Interesting

We’re writing to let you know that from 23 April, RAA will no longer be partnering with Simply Energy as part of our Member Benefits Program.​

We know this may come as a surprise, and we want to assure you that this decision won’t affect your electricity or gas supply. If there’s any change to your plan, Simply Energy will contact you.
Why is this happening?

As the state’s largest member organisation, representing 820,000 South Australians, we’re always looking at ways we can make life better for you.

We don’t think traditional energy companies have always been great at putting customers first.  And with the rising costs of living, it’s become clear that the average energy plan just isn’t working for South Australians, the environment, or the future of energy.

In fact, a recent inquiry into the National Electricity Market by Australia’s consumer watchdog (the ACCC) found that almost 80 per cent of residential customers could be paying less for their energy.​

What’s more, hundreds of customers who have stayed loyal to their retailer are now worse off. We think that’s wrong and we’re doing something about it.

Make the switch for a fairer deal on electricity

We’ve looked into the energy market and found a company that stands out from the rest. Like us, they’re on a mission to make energy cheaper, cleaner and more transparent.​

That’s why we’re now officially partnering with Energy Locals to offer RAA members a fairer deal on electricity.
What am I missing here? Why is is interesting?

What am I missing here? Why is is interesting?
Good point. From everyone I talk to about energy plans they all quote the discounts they get from companies like the RAA that make their energy plans more affordable.'
The National Electricity Market by Australia’s consumer watchdog (the ACCC) found that almost 80 per cent of residential customers could be paying less for their energy.

It's interesting from my point that a company like the RAA (to which I am a member) should come out and in a way say that companies like Simply are ripping us off.
They are promoting an alternative. Maybe/probably they are getting something in return.

I am with Simply and have no intention to leave at the moment as I keep getting quarterly refunds, but I wonder what others are getting.

I wonder if our government based on the ACCC report will act to do something.

Good point. From everyone I talk to about energy plans they all quote the discounts they get from companies like the RAA that make their energy plans more affordable.'
The National Electricity Market by Australia’s consumer watchdog (the ACCC) found that almost 80 per cent of residential customers could be paying less for their energy.

It's interesting from my point that a company like the RAA (to which I am a member) should come out and in a way say that companies like Simply are ripping us off.
They are promoting an alternative. Maybe/probably they are getting something in return.

I am with Simply and have no intention to leave at the moment as I keep getting quarterly refunds, but I wonder what others are getting.
I think it’s just a commercial kick back arrangement with one company coming to an end, and another starting

“Myself, the TGA, the ATAGI group, are all in unanimous agreement that there is no link between Astra Zeneca and the blood clots.” — Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly

1E16319E-0A76-4804-8E2A-8F22674F0227.gif

And this is the crux of it.
No-one has ever denied or concealed that there are side effects associated with COVID vaccination. However, these are outweighed by the immediate and long term risks of contracting COVID while unvaccinated, and the benefits of protection against these risks via vaccination.

It’s illogical and disingenuous to be promoting concern about only one side of this equation (vaccine side effects) while completely ignoring the other (COVID impacts + vaccine benefits in preventing these). Both short and long term. But that’s assuming you’re actually serious about improving outcomes for people, and not part of a cult lashing out at anything and everything to do with the establishment as it’s primary ideological goal.

Novak Djokovic Lol GIF by Tennis TV

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but the answer is cheap apartment buildings. Houses are expensive, whereas you could bulk build apartment complexes in outer suburbs. Will they be great, no, but will they ease demand on the rental crises, absolutely. Government just needs to get off its arse and get on with it. Asian countries do it. Many american cities have them too.

It’s should be about addressing supply and demand side factors, but the major parties have refused to even talk about the latter let alone touch it because it’s been seen as electoral suicide as far the Boomer vote was concerned.

Specifically, we need tax reform in this country to disincentivise speculative investment in property as a means of building your retirement fund, and push some of this demand into other options for wealth generation (e.g the stock market).

I’m not saying we should do away with property investment full stop, but the return on investment for speculation on multiple properties should not be anywhere near as good as it is currently. The deal is too sweet. The current model is not in any way sustainable in the long run, and is creating enormous perverse consequences that are being worn by younger generations.

Last edited:
Is this similar to what is happening in the USA. People who didn't go to uni will be taxed to pay for people who did go.
The lower tax rate sound fair but wiping out debt :think:
$3b has to come from somewhere.
It’s just the growth rate in the debt because of high CPI. The core debt isn’t being touched and still increasing each year but by a lower rate.

I would also bring back the early repayment bonus

It’s should be about addressing supply and demand side factors, but the major parties have refused to even talk about the latter let alone touch it because it’s been seen as electoral suicide as far the Boomer vote was concerned.

Specifically, we need tax reform in this country to disincentivise speculative investment in property as a means of building your retirement fund, and push some of this demand into other options for wealth generation (e.g the stock market).

I’m not saying we should do away with property investment full stop, but the return on investment for speculation on multiple properties should not be anywhere near as good as it is currently. The deal is too sweet. The current model is not in any way sustainable in the long run, and is creating enormous perverse consequences that are being worn by younger generations.

What kept housing prices down was public housing. The government not only sold off huge portions of public housing it once built, but they stopped building new ones. If you drive down the rental price it means less people can afford to cover the difference between the rental income and the mortgage every fortnight. Negative gearing only helps at tax time. As I said, if the government attacks the crises by trying to add 1,000 apartments through building cheap urban apartment buildings, the rental price would plummet.

We will never get any sort of tax reform that makes it harder for people to get rich. It will never happen. What I think would be a great strategy to do instead is cut some of the waste topics in maths and make investing an essential long term subject at school. In other words, teach kids how to make their money work for them.

For example, minimum purchase is $500 in shares plus fees of $30 on commsec. Instead of doing tax cuts, what if the government gave all kids once they turn 14, the working age $500 via a trust that can only be used to put into a managed stock fund (plenty of reliable ones out there with minimal risk) that can not be sold until they turn 18. It is statistically likely, those stocks would be valued close to $1000 inclusive of the stocks returns after 4 years. But what is also likely, out of site out of mind would kick in and most kids would leave it in to continue to grow. Some savvy investment may kick in and they may use their part time jobs to add to it while they are teenagers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back