Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d take Magnay over Cooks but otherwise I agree.

Agree. I am a bit worried though about BG still being coach not just for his poor coaching last tournament but can see him taking Kay and Delly, he seems to love his older guys despite other guys playing or being better as we saw with Reath. Tbf I think you could make a case for Kay over White or Cooks.

I think Magnay gives that inside protection if needed that is probably a weakness for Landale and Reath, Reath can also play the four as can Ingles and Thybulle if you go small. Cooks and White to me just don't really add anything or do things better than guys that are locks.

I get taking Goulding for that guy that can get you a bucket but maybe it's time to give a younger guy in that role.

Delly as been a legend but I think it's painfully obvious he would be a liability against the top point guards now. Offensively he can't bully to the basket like he can in NBL against top international teams. I really hope he's not selected as I can see BG then playing him over Daniels.

Agree. I am a bit worried though about BG still being coach not just for his poor coaching last tournament but can see him taking Kay and Delly, he seems to love his older guys despite other guys playing or being better as we saw with Reath. Tbf I think you could make a case for Kay over White or Cooks.

I think Magnay gives that inside protection if needed that is probably a weakness for Landale and Reath, Reath can also play the four as can Ingles and Thybulle if you go small. Cooks and White to me just don't really add anything or do things better than guys that are locks.

I get taking Goulding for that guy that can get you a bucket but maybe it's time to give a younger guy in that role.

Delly as been a legend but I think it's painfully obvious he would be a liability against the top point guards now. Offensively he can't bully to the basket like he can in NBL against top international teams. I really hope he's not selected as I can see BG then playing him over Daniels.
Goulding will be competing with Vasiljevic in camp I’d imagine, as DJ is his obvious successor in that role.

Giddey has at max one more year left with OKC. Then his rookie deal expires and he’ll want to get paid. So trade watch is on.
I think they'll trade him this off season. They don't want to play him and desperately need another big guy

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whether Giddey is traded has a lot of variables.

1. Will OKC try to sign a back up big like Hartenstein or Claxton who are free agents? They are non-shooters but Giddey could come off the bench for OKC and play in Chet minutes.

2. Could they trade for a 3&D big wing who can rebound and shoot? Who would be available in a trade, would those trade partners want Giddey? Maybe, maybe not and just want picks.

3. Maybe they want Giddey to be a pretty unique 6th man option? Josh might not want that, but he’s got a better chance of success in that role than his off-ball role this season. Maybe Josh loves the team and would stay for a role like that, or maybe he’s more motivated to be a starter someone else.

Lots to play out yet.

Giddey has at max one more year left with OKC. Then his rookie deal expires and he’ll want to get paid. So trade watch is on.
Not sure how much his agent can get Giddey paid after being relegated from the starting 5 during the playoffs. I think some NBA GM’s will be a bit hesitant paying big bucks for a 6”8 Australian PG that can’t shoot….

Nets fans especially won’t want Giddey.

Dyson Daniels was on AFL360 last night. So well spoken for a young man. Compare and contrast to footy players
Let's be honest, he's just like the rest of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gorj saying Ben Simmons has been in contact with him about playing in Paris… 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Ben can’t quit the boomers but can’t actually ever find the time.. or heart to play for them…

I mean if he wants to come to training camp I wouldn’t stop him. Doesn’t mean I’d pick him, but if he wants to come and tryout, sure.

The main hurdle would be getting him to training camp.
Yeah, which is how you find out if he’s serious or not. If he shows up and has a crack, cool, you probably pick him. If not he can do the same thing he’s done every other time we’ve had a major tournament.

8 years ago Simmons was the next LeBron.

He’s not going to play, it’s just a hypothetical.
Of course he’s not.. and 8 years ago he still wasn’t showing up. So what’s changed other than Ben thinking he’s still above the rest of the Boomers? He’s got a relationship with Gorj and he’s sounding desperate if he’s going to turn to Simmons who time and time again can’t stay on the court. Does the timing line up because Ben’s been posting some work out photos?

Bringing him and his circus to camp would be a disaster on the eve of arguably our country’s basketballs biggest tournament ever. Just keep him away please

Gorj saying Ben Simmons has been in contact with him about playing in Paris… 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Ben can’t quit the boomers but can’t actually ever find the time.. or heart to play for them…
I have also contacted Gorj to make my intentions clear of being free to play in Paris as well.

Just waiting for the call back.

I know it's easy to hate on Ben, but if he's healthy (and he'd need to do training camp to show that), we should be open to taking him. No point holding grudges for the past. I imagine he's been humbled a bit and he'd have a real point to prove.

Playing him as a big for spells with Daniels, Green, Thybulle and Reap/Londale might lack in spacing but would absolutely wreck teams defensively and might generate enough tranistion points to survive.

I know it's easy to hate on Ben, but if he's healthy (and he'd need to do training camp to show that), we should be open to taking him. No point holding grudges for the past. I imagine he's been humbled a bit and he'd have a real point to prove.

Playing him as a big for spells with Daniels, Green, Thybulle and Reap/Londale might lack in spacing but would absolutely wreck teams defensively and might generate enough tranistion points to survive.
It throws a fair spanner in the works for the team build imo. Ben’s now a 4 who will want the ball a lot. How does that work with Giddey? You probably can’t have him and Thybulle out there together and I don’t think you can have the 2 bigs Reath and Landale on the court with him.

I don’t hate BS and I wish the best for him but hate the idea of him coming into camp just because he thinks he can. If we are being honest about the way he’s played for the past 3 seasons he isn’t a walk up start with all the fit issues with the rest of the squad imo

It throws a fair spanner in the works for the team build imo. Ben’s now a 4 who will want the ball a lot. How does that work with Giddey? You probably can’t have him and Thybulle out there together and I don’t think you can have the 2 bigs Reath and Landale on the court with him.

I don’t hate BS and I wish the best for him but hate the idea of him coming into camp just because he thinks he can. If we are being honest about the way he’s played for the past 3 seasons he isn’t a walk up start with all the fit issues with the rest of the squad imo
You could make it work with Giddey, you'd need shooters in the other spots, but also, you could stagger them and have a creative hub out there at all times.

You could play with Reath and maybe Landale, they have both shown they can hit the three, and especially the shorter international line.

The last three years he's been injured. That's the big issue, he'd need to show he was 100% in training camp to deserve a spot. He might not want to do that, and i'm concerned he'll never be fit again. If he's not 100% then he loses a lot of value and isn't worth it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back