Aussies Aussie Watch - Tokyo 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

fu** off she lost the opening round.

We get nothing rub of the Green wise from international judges in any sport.
I asked this in the other thread, is this actually true or is it perceived bias?

Great effort Skye. So close to getting through there.
That 1st Rd which she won but the judges went 3-2 against her was the difference. Had she won that opening round she wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inexperience on Skye’s part, come back better in 4 years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Inexperience?
She won Gold at the last Commonwealth games. This was a bit of a step up but she did us proud with that effort.

Honestly I have no regard for sports that come down to arbitrary ranking based on Judges opinions, whether we win them or not i think they are all bullshit.

Either it's perceived, or there's a worldwide conspiracy amongst international judges against Australia.

I'll let you decide which is more likely
It is not a thought out conspiracy it is just a nah **** Australia mind set from a heap of international judges across a heap of sports. Especially Northern Hemisphere judges.

Honestly I have no regard for sports that come down to arbitrary ranking based on Judges opinions, whether we win them or not i think they are all bullshit.
Yeah, I have trouble with judged sports too, but there is zero chance they will ever not be in the Olympics so just have to live with it

Yeah, I have trouble with judged sports too, but there is zero chance they will ever not be in the Olympics so just have to live with it
Ow I know, i just don't care about them.

Richie Porte departs international cycling with Bronze in the Time Trial. The Tassie native was a strong competitor who had his fair share of ill luck in major events.

Last edited:
Richie Porte departs international cycling with Bronze in the Time Trial. Good career by the Tassie man. He has certainly had his fair share of ill luck in major events.
Have you been listening to Hamish? Porte did not win a Bronze medal today in the Time Trial. Rohan Dennis from Australia got the Bronze.

Day 5 summary...

Positives
Rowing - Just brilliant
Titmus - Already a champion
Dennis - Roglic was streets ahead of the race but managed to clinch bronze in a tight race. The first medal outside of the water.
Kookaburras and Hockeyroos continue on their winning ways
Boomers 2/2 despite not playing at their best
del Solar and Clancy 2/2 for Beach Volleyball
Mixed doubles through in the tennis

Negatives
Olyroos - Shit tactics from a shit manager, just sat back and invited the Egyptians to attack. Fair enough against Spain, but a win was needed here. Can't just sit back and hope, and rely on another match for your fortunes. They did exceed expectations (I didn't anticipate any points) but the way they went out was abysmal. At least go out trying.
Nicholson bowing out but is still young and will be ripe to go again in Paris
Both women's doubles crashing out in the tennis

All in all, a brilliant day for the Aussies and a lot to be proud of.

Hooray for Foxy!
Gold at last.
🥇 :australia: :australia: :heartribbon:

How tough was that?

The Brit was 3 secs quicker than everyone else, Fox watching everyone else go before her and fall well short, she comes out, with all the pressure on her and the weight of expextations and goes bang, 3.6 secs quicker.

That's the performance of the games for us so far and close to the performance of the games overall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back