Sport Association Football Thread...Who are Ya?! Who are Ya?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Association Football 2011-2012

Championship started last week, we opened the season in front of the cameras so I got to watch last week as we let a terrible Blackpool goal spoil our night.

Then lost in the Carling Cup mid-week, so a shakey start to the season.

1-0 win away to Ipswich was just what was needed though, so hopefully we can get back on track.

Still not convinced we have the firepower up front that will be needed to get out of the division, but who knows.

Slightly disappointing start to the new season for my Liverpool boys. It's a long season though, so plenty of time yet for them to get their act together.

Really s**t 2nd half.

I'm still pretty excited about this season though, and confident we'll smash arsenal this weekend.

We seem to have done the opposite to Arsenal. Arsenal lack decent defenders but have bolstered their forward stocks. Hull lack decent forwards but have bolstered their defensive stocks.

Both teams look in for a long season...

4-1 to Leeds. 4 ****ing 1. And that 1 was an own goal.

I know it's early days, but with 3 games gone in the Championship you can already get a vague idea of how teams will go. Southampton have definitely surprised but I think they'll definitely taper off. Leicster not looking the Man City of the Championship as many seemed to think they'd be. West Ham looking solid however.

We seem to have done the opposite to Arsenal. Arsenal lack decent defenders but have bolstered their forward stocks. Hull lack decent forwards but have bolstered their defensive stocks.

Both teams look in for a long season...

4-1 to Leeds. 4 ****ing 1. And that 1 was an own goal.

I know it's early days, but with 3 games gone in the Championship you can already get a vague idea of how teams will go. Southampton have definitely surprised but I think they'll definitely taper off. Leicster not looking the Man City of the Championship as many seemed to think they'd be. West Ham looking solid however.

Ah Southampton. In their hay day with Matt Le Tisser in front of gaol in the premier league they could be 3-0 down 20 minutes to go and you weren't safe.

On the other hand with their defence they could be 3-0 up with 20 minutes to go and you were still a chance.

Entertainment if not quality

Ah Southampton. In their hay day with Matt Le Tisser in front of gaol in the premier league they could be 3-0 down 20 minutes to go and you weren't safe.

On the other hand with their defence they could be 3-0 up with 20 minutes to go and you were still a chance.

Entertainment if not quality

And not to forget Tim Flowers, Wayne Bridge and Alan Shearer amongst others from the Le Tisser time at The Dell. Saw many a game at the Dell, they have produced some stars down there.

In my absence Hull have continued to dominate, 6 games undefeated, form team of the league, Pearson nominated for manager of the month, and into 6th spot. If only we could score more damn goals we could go even higher...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised no one has been talking about this..

City and United doing pretty well at the top, anyone think Spurs a chance as well?

And Hull up to 4th, not that anyone cares.

United are starting to look again after a flat spot. Should be a Manchester v Manchester fight for the title. Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and probably Liverpool fighting out for the the last two CL spots.

Losing Suarez for 8 games is a big blow so that's why I'm only saying probably for Liverpool.

AiHBMUICQAEYW2D.jpg:large

The King has returned.

He looks fat

Meanwhile Liverpool smash Oldham and miracle of miracles both Carroll and Downing score

Yeah FA Cup has been weird so far, Cairney and McLean scoring for us in a 3-1 win, how bizarre. :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back