Player Watch Ash Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

No, AJ does not run as well as Bianco. Not even close. Ridiculous suggestion. Bianco’s running is very good, AJ’s is yet to be seen at what is required for wing.

Bianco, that one who I’m rating highly, kicked 3 goals and had a lazy 26 touches for Footscray. He is in consideration for the MSD.

Biancos not afl level. Too small, too soft.

That’s up to you TD. I hope you keep posting because you know your stuff. Maybe go a bit easier on the players.
Fair Enough I might be bit tough on My Player Explanation

Not a very high bar to beat though is it, Johnson’s been putrid this season. Bianco should’ve spent more time in the gym and less time vaping with ginnivan and Callum brown.
He trained very hard last year.

I mean, the likelihood we have boys doing drugs is high based on what’s come out and vapes are a chronic issue with the demographic, athlete or not.

Hear! Hear!

Can we please have a new button that can be used to mark a post as "USELESS"
It's very ironic. The same posters who feel victimised when their posts are criticised for lacklustre performance use terms like that for a player's performance. Useless. Disgusting. Pathetic. That kind of thing...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if AJ needs a couple weeks breather to go home to Halls Creek, reconnect with his family and friends.

Former First Nations players often talk about how hard it is reconnecting with Country during footy season.

Hope we strongly consider this because it seems obvious his confidence is rock bottom. Might just be the spark he needs.

Needs something to re-ignite the passion. Skills are clearly still there but application, particular defensive application, is very ordinary at the moment.

What’s crap about it?

We grabbed him from the MSD, given him an opportunity at AFL level and a couple of contract extensions.

I don’t see him getting back to AFL standard at Collingwood.

He's contracted till the end of 2025 so I doubt he's going anywhere. More likely the club will wrap their collective arms around him and give him the time and opportunity to recapture the form and commitment that had us all excited about the potential he offered. Maybe supporters could give him the same courtesy.

What do you mean?

If it’s Bianco, yes, it’s the VFL but at least he looks AFL standard.

If AJ wasn’t an AFL player, he’d be playing local next week for sure.
How'd Bianco go plodding around at AFL level? I liked him because he's a Pies nuff, but he was slow and lacking composure

Memory troubling you Jmac? As a commentator in the early 00’s Wallsy was obsessed with suggesting a struggling forward be thrown into the ruck. It would have been memeworthy if memes were a thing back then…

It’s accurate when it comes to AJ.

We’re getting smashed in the ruck anyway, just get him in there to get hands on it, fly for some marks, follow the ball, play with some freedom, follow up and lay tackles, think a little less.

It’s accurate when it comes to AJ.

We’re getting smashed in the ruck anyway, just get him in there to get hands on it, fly for some marks, follow the ball, play with some freedom, follow up and lay tackles, think a little less.
I do disagree with the merits of a run through the ruck because of the crashing of bodies with a guy that doesn’t really know what he’s doing. That said it would at least be something proactive to get him going. The main thrust of it though was a bit of fun which Jmac took to heart…

He should be given some time in defence

I don’t really think he has the aggression to play anything other than rebounding half-back, and if he had a couple of goals kicked on him it might be very bad for his state of mind.

In the ruck he would only be expected to compete and wouldn’t be on the last line, plus would be very involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back