Mega Thread All things Pre-season: 2012.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrong with Suban Salim? Surely it can't be the knock to the head? He's not named in the squad for friday. Given what has happened with Michie you can bet that Sutcliffe will be in the rehab group for a while longer.

Suban named for Claremont on the wing for Sunday's game against Perth.

For those of us who missed it....?? :)

2 6 day breaks so squad for tonight based on that (Suban playing Sunday)

Giving guys who don't usually have a run through the midfield.

Anthony will only play forward this year

Still weighing up whether Neale will play round 1

Sounded like Pearce near certainty to be upgraded

Small group but interesting session this morning
Barlowe,Mundy,Mora ,Jordan King ran countless repeat sprints
After the sprints Barlow joined Suban,Crozier and Roberts in general drills
Mundy,Mora and Jordan then ran their 3klm run with Mundy blitzing it with half a lap to Mora then King
They then ran the around the goals 1klm runs with Mundy again blitzing it
Barlow trained strongly and looks very close to playing.Lachie Neal walked and slow jogged goal to goal and Silvagni made a brief appearance with a few sprints and some skill work
Barlow also ran the around the goals run after general work,presume Mick didnt run the 3klm because he had already done it
Very confident on Mundy and Mick being ready to go,incl Mora they all looked great today

Mundy,Mora and Jordan then ran their 3klm run with Mundy blitzing it with half a lap to Mora then King
Barlow trained strongly and looks very close to playing.Lachie Neal walked and slow jogged goal to goal and Silvagni made a brief appearance with a few sprints and some skill work
Barlow also ran the around the goals run after general work,presume Mick didnt run the 3klm because he had already done it
Very confident on Mundy and Mick being ready to go,incl Mora they all looked great today
Hey salim, is Forster back in full training? If so how's he looking? If not, far off?

Nice one S&M. Love your work! Looks like the Rossco plan is all coming together ready for R1.

Thanks Salim. That puts me in good spirits as I prepare to leave for Subi for tonights game.

We'd be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for him at the end of this year according to KPR... considering how dumb he is at football.

Hahahaha ! Yeah, for all the interest on here about Mora you'd think he must be an ok footy player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, just a quick one.

Mundy and Barlow are obviously best 22, but given they haven't had any NAB or WAFL games, are they automatic selections for R1. Could it make the midfield a bit rusty against the Cats? Also, am assuming Mora is a bit further off.

Cheers.

Hi all, just a quick one.

Mundy and Barlow are obviously best 22, but given they haven't had any NAB or WAFL games, are they automatic selections for R1. Could it make the midfield a bit rusty against the Cats? Also, am assuming Mora is a bit further off.

Cheers.

If both were named in the Round 1 squad, I'd suspect the plan would be to sub one of them at the start of the third quarter.

I think Barlow will be named in the Round 1 team, with Mundy perhaps not named until the home game in Round 3.

I also think they'll just treat those two as having extended preseasons in the hope that by Round 7-8 of the season, they are hitting full straps. Possibly Mundy and Morabito more than Barlow.

Will be very interesting to see how Mora, Mundy and Barlow are handled.

It sounds like they have been pounding out the kms, and given it is the start of the season I would be tempted to skip a normally slower return via the wafl with Mundy and Barlow. These guys are foundation stones for our midfield. Start the fitter of the two on the field, the other as sub. As the game progresses, see if their is a need to sub-on a replacement if we have not been forced to use him already.

Mora is different for me, and I would like to see some wafl form before he is brought in. He feels more of a confidence player, and to me is not an automatic best 22 inclusion until he has shown how he has handled his injury return. He looks a really sub option when he is ready, where he can come into a variety of roles and be asked to make an impact. A shock weapon, not a building block.

I'd bring Mundy straight back in the team once he's right, I'd be inclined to give Barlow a run in the WAFL first though.

I want to see some evidence that the leg can back up a few weeks in a row before we expose him to the increased intensity of the AFL, otherwise it's looking like we'll be stuck in a perpetual cycle of one week on, three weeks off.

I'd bring Mundy straight back in the team once he's right, I'd be inclined to give Barlow a run in the WAFL first though.

I want to see some evidence that the leg can back up a few weeks in a row before we expose him to the increased intensity of the AFL, otherwise it's looking like we'll be stuck in a perpetual cycle of one week on, three weeks off.

I get the feeling thats how it will have to be unfortunately play for a couple of games then rest, play for a couple of games then rest.
Whether its AFL or WAFL wont matter the pain will still be there.
So if hes right to play WAFL hes right to play AFL both will have same impact on the problem.
Sounds to me like the pain will be there whenever he plays so will need to manage it throughout year.
An if we rate him high enough look after him the way Geelong looked after Ottens.

I reckon it might be the opposite. Barlow's injury is minor soft tissue stuff. Sure, it might come back and he may be prone to post-game soreness in that leg for a while but I don't reckon it would hinder him during a game nor would he do any long term damage and doubt that a week in the WAFL will help.

Mundy on the other hand is coming off a more severe injury and needs to be tested at WAFL intensity before bringing him back. It sure sounds like he's super fit running in straight lines, but he needs to test it out with some full tilt twisty turny stuff before he's ready to go I would have thought.

I suspect it will be Barlow round 1, and Mundy round two or three.

Agree with Sman-21 ,reckon it's the physical stress of 100min of footy, Whether it's AFL or WAFL think he will need to be managed / rested this year . My choice AFL, just wont be in my Supercoach team.

Mundy straight in AFL when fit. Not sure which WAFL team Mundy is allocated, apparently neither does he.

I reckon it might be the opposite. Barlow's injury is minor soft tissue stuff. Sure, it might come back and he may be prone to post-game soreness in that leg for a while but I don't reckon it would hinder him during a game nor would he do any long term damage and doubt that a week in the WAFL will help.

Mundy on the other hand is coming off a more severe injury and needs to be tested at WAFL intensity before bringing him back. It sure sounds like he's super fit running in straight lines, but he needs to test it out with some full tilt twisty turny stuff before he's ready to go I would have thought.

I suspect it will be Barlow round 1, and Mundy round two or three.

I reckon you are right. I'd be tempted to have Mundy as the Sub though!

Agree with Sman-21 ,reckon it's the physical stress of 100min of footy, Whether it's AFL or WAFL think he will need to be managed / rested this year . My choice AFL, just wont be in my Supercoach team.

Mundy straight in AFL when fit. Not sure which WAFL team Mundy is allocated, apparently neither does he.

Subiaco. Been a long time since he played WAFL though.

Ok I thought Barlow's soreness was related to his broken leg for some reason. If it was just a regulation soft tissue injury I'm happy for him to come straight in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back