All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

It is recognised that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • Use the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates this forum that does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Maggie5 Gone Critical Anzacday Jen2310

I've always believed that the US is the real protagonist in all things war. Even as a person who has a liitle bit of Jew on my mum's side, this has become very embarrassing

All I know is that I feel despair at living in a time when this sort of thing can happen in front of our eyes and still nothing will be done to stop it.

I'm not young; I should be more used to the world by now.

All I know is that I feel despair at living in a time when this sort of thing can happen in front of our eyes and still nothing will be done to stop it.

I'm not young; I should be more used to the world by now.
My work has shown me how evil people can be to each other. i'm not young either and to me, life has become cheaper than it has ever been, in times when you think we'd know better.
keep fighting the good fight as at least I know you're genuine

I'm not sure you could say or do anything to get me excited. I live in hope.

Think on the practicalities. How would Hamas have enough control of any territory to secretly excavate enough earth for mass graves (there's more than one)? Why would they fill it with Palestinians who've been zip-tied and shot?

Given that there has been reported mass executions as the Israelis moved through the areas in which the bodies have been excavated, it sounds quite plausible that Israel can take the credit.
The report suggested that the Israelis had previously dug up the bodies to look for whether there were any hostages there. My interpretation was that these were Palestinian buried due to the hospital not being able to cope with the amount of death that they had to deal with and the need for hygiene. Israeli killed though.

Lies. Lies. Can do nothing but lie. Fantastical lies.

But they're beautiful lies because everyone can see how just how completely absurd they are, which is why I'm happy to post them.

This is also a lesson in how you disrespect the past and the people who suffered it.

Lies. Lies. Can do nothing but lie. Fantastical lies.

But they're beautiful lies because everyone can see how just how completely absurd they are, which is why I'm happy to post them.

This is also a lesson in how you disrespect the past and the people who suffered it.

Like Pinochio he should have a nose 4 ft long with all the lies that he tells,disgusting man he is. On a different level to him I saw on youtube a superb speech given a lady called Naomi Klein about the difference between normal Jewish men and women and the rabid Zionists.

She was saying how Zionists called people like her anti semite Jews because they are against the policies that Netanyahu spruiks and that is what I have been saying all along I am not anti semetic but I hate the fascist policies of the Zionists.

Everybody does have the right to live in peace and harmony but Zionist policies will not allow this to happen,I urge people to listen to Naomi speak because she speaks for a lot of Jewish people and how they see things but lobby against her are very well entrenched unfortunately.

Deliberately starving people to the point of famine. What words are left?

Media very quiet on food shortage. Everybody must be receiving 3 square meals a day.

Free press? Rubbish!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The US make meaningful action impossible.
Australian sanctions by themselves would be meaningless.

But who knows how it really works at the diplomatic level. From the outside it appears as though all the allies immediately fall into line, but then when one ally steps out of line, another one does and then another one does until a lot are out of line at which point the Yanks shift a bit.

Australian sanctions by themselves would be meaningless.

But who knows how it really works at the diplomatic level. From the outside it appears as though all the allies immediately fall into line, but then when one ally steps out of line, another one does and then another one does until a lot are out of line at which point the Yanks shift a bit.
Maybe practically meaningless, but at least symbolic of a decent global citizen

Tracy Holmes nails it @ Q&A.

MSM reporting the negative and everyone believes the negative is the mainstream.

Uh uh, it ain't!

Can you provide an interpretation of this for people who believe Q&A kills brain cells?

Sanctions should have been put in place months ago.
How does the US continue to support this? I'm hopeless on politics. How come the UN isn't doing anything? It may be time to put sanctions on Israel's closest allies. It seems to me that the rest of the world doesn't really care about who is dying, rather, they care about who to back that will keep themselves safe. For me, China is the main concern, they intend on taking over the world but no just with force but with much more subtle innovations. They world is offically ****ed

How does the US continue to support this? I'm hopeless on politics. How come the UN isn't doing anything? It may be time to put sanctions on Israel's closest allies. It seems to me that the rest of the world doesn't really care about who is dying, rather, they care about who to back that will keep themselves safe. For me, China is the main concern, they intend on taking over the world but no just with force but with much more subtle innovations. They world is offically ****ed

Seems to be to do with money and power of both Israeli and Christian lobby groups who back Israel.

The Christian lobby groups story is a wee bit sickening, almost comically so. Supposedly lots of US happy clappy churches fund Israeli settlers as they want Israel to grow to it's biblical size to make true the biblical prophecies - which will then lead to Armaggedon, which then leads to massacre of all Jews who don't convert to Christianity, and brings on the second coming of Christ ... lots of carnage in order to walk with Christ. If a big war that Israel can't win ever kicks off, you'll be able to buy a package tour to head to the war and walk with some blokes claiming to be Jesus - you'll then fight with the other tourists over who is the real Jesus.

Last edited:
Can you provide an interpretation of this for people who believe Q&A kills brain cells?
Hey JB,

The context:

The discussion was around DV and to paraphrase her

'Media paints a picture that every woman is scare to walk the streets, I know for certain this is not true, I know women that are not afraid to walk alone in the street. But the media paints the picture that every woman is and in turn everyone in the public believes it.'

This was in reply to an audience member who has analogous experience with DV, she was pointing out some of the local programs around DV in her area that are very positive but she was annoyed that this never gets reported on.

The point being:
MSM and social media likes to report click bait (read negative), as 'feel good' stories don't generate the same public interest.

Pick any social / political topic and it's the same, Jan and Joe public don't necessarily align with the narrative being reported but because it's being reported Jan and Joe public believe that the majority of the community DO align with what's being reported, when they don't.

Tracy Holmes highlighted this flaw of the media.

Freedom of speech and faith are also covered in this episode, if anyone is interested.

Seems to be to do with money and power of both Israeli and Christian lobby groups who back Israel.

The Christian lobby groups story is a wee bit sickening, almost comically so. Supposedly lots of US happy clappy churches fund Israeli settlers as they want Israel to grow to it's biblical size to make true the biblical prophecies - which will then lead to Armaggedon, which then leads to massacre of all Jews who don't convert to Christianity, and brings on the second coming of Christ ... lots of carnage in order to walk with Christ. If a big war that Israel can't win ever kicks off, you'll be able to buy a package tour to head to the war and walk with some blokes claiming to be Jesus - you'll then fight with the other tourists over who is the real Jesus.
An opinion of mine

SR I'm so relieved your dystopian 2nd coming of christ and multi religious infighting is an exception for the world population rather than the rule.

As for your very valid opinion that the world is phuqed Manic, well that's being going on for deh caaades!

Rebellion against authority started in tangibility ever since the middle of the 20th century, and slowly but surely liberalism has allowed the slow erosion of discipline ('everyone has rights even those that do wrong, no one to be punished') which leads to the erosion of deterrence. And here we are.

I am a liberal democratic living in a liberal democracy, however 'social' elements that sustain law and order are slowly being eroded, they're consequences of free wheeling liberalism (no one should be disciplined)

This paragraph is probably more on a community level rather than a geopolitical level that you're alluding to.

On a geopolitical level this is why the orange phuqwit is so dangerous for us, because he's an isolationist AND a Putin fanboi then that weakens the US and in turn the democratic (read 'western' nations) alliance.

Whether we like it or not the US IS the global policeman, and there'd be many in here barracking for a US demise, I say be careful what you wish for.

An opinion of mine

SR I'm so relieved your dystopian 2nd coming of christ and multi religious infighting is an exception for the world population rather than the rule.

As for your very valid opinion that the world is phuqed Manic, well that's being going on for deh caaades!

Rebellion against authority started in tangibility ever since the middle of the 20th century, and slowly but surely liberalism has allowed the slow erosion of discipline ('everyone has rights even those that do wrong, no one to be punished') which leads to the erosion of deterrence. And here we are.

I am a liberal democratic living in a liberal democracy, however 'social' elements that sustain law and order are slowly being eroded, they're consequences of free wheeling liberalism (no one should be disciplined)

This paragraph is probably more on a community level rather than a geopolitical level that you're alluding to.

On a geopolitical level this is why the orange phuqwit is so dangerous for us, because he's an isolationist AND a Putin fanboi then that weakens the US and in turn the democratic (read 'western' nations) alliance.

Whether we like it or not the US IS the global policeman, and there'd be many in here barracking for a US demise, I say be careful what you wish for.
Yeah, I understand all that and I believe what you're saying. We need the US , and so does most of the free world. It just seems that unless there's something in it for the US, they don't really want to get involved.

Yeah, I understand all that and I believe what you're saying. We need the US , and so does most of the free world. It just seems that unless there's something in it for the US, they don't really want to get involved.
Of course, if oz was the global policeman we'd be the same, same with any nation if they were the global cop.

I know for certain this is not true, I know women that are not afraid to walk alone in the street.
See this is where there is a problem. As a female I dispute what was said based on the females I know. I have heard that some every carry pepper spray (have no idea where they get this from as I thought it was illegal).

None that I know of do things that they did in the past like running/jogging through parkgrounds, not even on footpaths in their neighborhood.

They avoid taking public transport at night (always with their phone handy) unless there is someone waiting for them at their final stop.

I do agree that media don't really care and that it is just click bait for them though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back