Movie Alien: Romulus

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Sigourney must be getting sick of receiving one of those every few months.
She was meant to get paid 20 Million for Alien 5 like two decades ago. Let it die. The last thing we need is some Blomkamp-esque Aliens 2. The only Alien news I care about right now is a Ridley follow up to Covenant. The rest is just the sort of rumour mill fodder that regularly gets wheeled out and cloned across interchangeable moron-pandering websites like ScreenRant.

There is never going to be a direct Alien Res sequel. That time has well and truly passed.

Correct. We are closer towards a complete entire Alien reboot, with Alien (1) than getting a sequel to Alien Res.

Wouldnt surprise me that movies like Alien, Terminator, Rambo get reimagined and rebooted in the 2030s. The target audience by then would not care what happened in the past to these franchises.

I pray that popular cinema finds the guts to back some more original creative visions by then. God help us if those then half century old franchises are still rebooting then. Gotta hope the generations are less forgiving of soulless pandering rehash by then. Hopefully China, metoo, BLM, etc. can lead to some new franchises rather than just diversifying the old property (more revolution, less establishment). Otherwise the medium will eventually cark it with the youth.

Correct. We are closer towards a complete entire Alien reboot, with Alien (1) than getting a sequel to Alien Res.

Wouldnt surprise me that movies like Alien, Terminator, Rambo get reimagined and rebooted in the 2030s. The target audience by then would not care what happened in the past to these franchises.

Rambo would have to be even more different from the book First Blood it was based on if they went contemporary. The after affects of the Vietnam war and society's treatment of returning soldiers was significant part of the plot which probably wouldn't work in a modern setting.

Terminator would have to be set further in the future and probably wouldn't end up being too far off reality!

Rambo would have to be even more different from the book First Blood it was based on if they went contemporary. The after affects of the Vietnam war and society's treatment of returning soldiers was significant part of the plot which probably wouldn't work in a modern setting.

Terminator would have to be set further in the future and probably wouldn't end up being too far off reality!

I heard online there was talk of a Rambo TV series being proposed. But who knows how that would go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bringing back Winona Ryder would be better than pension age Sigourney Weaver.

In Prometheus, I thought Noomi Rapace could have carried the franchise going forward. Instead they went with a robot.

There is going to be a definite finale to Alien Covenant to round out the 3 movies. While I liked Alien convenant, I didnt enjoy it as a sequel to Prometheus. Although I enjoyed the twist at the end of the movie. I did suspend belief how one "robot" could quickly become the other, with a haircut and fix himself up in such a short time, literally minutes.

In Prometheus, I thought Noomi Rapace could have carried the franchise going forward. Instead they went with a robot.

There is going to be a definite finale to Alien Covenant to round out the 3 movies. While I liked Alien convenant, I didnt enjoy it as a sequel to Prometheus. Although I enjoyed the twist at the end of the movie. I did suspend belief how one "robot" could quickly become the other, with a haircut and fix himself up in such a short time, literally minutes.

They actually had something with Prometheus. The execution wasn't great but the questions it had us asking were interesting. I wanted to see Liz make it to 'Paradise' and meet the space smurfs.

Too bad they flushed that story down the drain with Covenant.

They actually had something with Prometheus. The execution wasn't great but the questions it had us asking were interesting. I wanted to see Liz make it to 'Paradise' and meet the space smurfs.

Too bad they flushed that story down the drain with Covenant.
Yep flawed no doubt but at least it was original. Covenant isn't awful but we've seen it all before and done a lot better.

A new Alien film has a working title of Alien: Romulus and will begin filming in Feb. Not sure if they are continuing with the David story from the last 2 movies but it's not bringing back Ripley either.

Cailee Spaeny will be the lead.
Of course I will look forward to it, but its disappointing that its not at all related to Ripley or Prometheus.

Stand alone movie.

The series if done well, will be interesting.

Plot details are not known, though the film is said to be unconnected to previous entries. The original report said that the film will be released on Hulu, though it’s not clear if that remains to be the case.

There is also an Alien TV series in the works for FX, which is also expected to begin shooting next year some time.

Happy College Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

Of course I will look forward to it, but its disappointing that its not at all related to Ripley or Prometheus.

Stand alone movie.

The series if done well, will be interesting.

Plot details are not known, though the film is said to be unconnected to previous entries. The original report said that the film will be released on Hulu, though it’s not clear if that remains to be the case.

There is also an Alien TV series in the works for FX, which is also expected to begin shooting next year some time.

Ripley won't ever return unless Sigourney Weaver loves the story and script. Last thing she ever did related to the franchise was the game Alien Isolation and that was better than any of the movies of the last 30 years. Would actually make a great story for a film but Hollywood would find a way to f$% it up.

Last edited:
Promethues was flawed but was the best film since Aliens becuase they tried something new. Covenant wasn't awful but ordinary because the played it way too safe repeating too much we've all seen too much before and of course done way better. Would've at least liked a 3rd movie though, still a chance that it could've been salvaged and ended up being a decent trilogy overall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back