Alex Carey

Remove this Banner Ad

That shot alone should have the selectors 2nd guessing if he’s the right man going forward. Lacks the fighting mentality for test crickets.

Too often he plays stupid shots to get out

when he plays the V he is so much better....put the stupid sweep away and use your head

Yeah. Don't care if he wants to use the broom all the time but he needs to stop just giving his wicket away.

On the plus side, his keeping has been very good and has come a long way since Test 1 in Pakistan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The shot was poor but I think some people are judging him as a top 6 bat when he has a more important job that he's doing quite well.

Not a chance in hell they make a change before the home summer. Even then, Inglis is not a top 6 bat either, an Australian keeper averaging around 30-35 is the best it's going to get, unless you want a bits and pieces keeper.

The shot was poor but I think some people are judging him as a top 6 bat when he has a more important job that he's doing quite well.

Not a chance in hell they make a change before the home summer. Even then, Inglis is not a top 6 bat either, an Australian keeper averaging around 30-35 is the best it's going to get, unless you want a bits and pieces keeper.
Green at six, Carey at seven. Every part of our team looks better with Green in it, he's our only irreplaceable player.

Green at six, Carey at seven. Every part of our team looks better with Green in it, he's our only irreplaceable player.

I get Green is a good player but the talk is abit over the top.. he wouldn't have done shit in the first 2 Tests. He scored a ton on a road which is good for the kid going forward but C'mon...

I get Green is a good player but the talk is abit over the top.. he wouldn't have done s**t in the first 2 Tests. He scored a ton on a road which is good for the kid going forward but C'mon...
I'm not saying we would have won but there's no like for like replacement for him as there is every other player in side and his absence threw the balance of the team out.

I think Carey has bought himself a lot of time with his glovework this series. As someone who has been critical of his glovework in the past and thought he might struggle this series he has seriously impressed me. To me a keepers glovework is the most important thing.

Also note that neither wicket keeper has done anything with the bat this series. They have both kept well (our first innings here aside) in difficult conditions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back