Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Power

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

First home game of the year.

If we keep improving, we'll be closer to a win this week. Have to switch on early, we've conceded 40 points to our 8 in first quarters so far, and I think the practice matches weren't good starts either.

I feel like an extra practice match or two would've really helped us... I think I've felt the same way just about every season. At least half a dozen should be practicing their craft at the Southern Saints for pre-season training.

Last week Wardlaw was immense in the ruck and swung the game for us. And getting the ball in Richards hands injected her class. Port blew us away early a few weeks ago, can't let it slip again.

I only saw the 3rd quarter for a variety of reasons on the weekend and from the commentary the first half sounded scrappy...

On that one quarter alone though you can see serious improvement and they aren't top teams. Kicks now consistently go 35 metres so the play clears more. Now plenty will scoff but in the first few years only the best could kick 30 metres tops accurately and average player was 25 metres.

Handballs which is what opens up the play now clear the congestion more often but granted still needs improvement. That will come because the wrist strength of the players will be there as they've played since Auskick unlike the first years where players were bought in from all other sports where that wasn't a skill.

In about 5 years time you can see how much the standard will have improved in games because the standard across the park with all players will have improved.

I know the AFLW isn't for everyone but put a Saints jumper on any team and I'm a fan.

Oh and finally. The joy the girls have on their faces playing the game compared to the blokes that are under so much intense scrutiny is.... well a joy. That makes me want to watch it as much as anything.

Hope the girls get to sing the song on Sunday arvo.

If we keep improving, we'll be closer to a win this week. Have to switch on early, we've conceded 40 points to our 8 in first quarters so far, and I think the practice matches weren't good starts either.

I feel like an extra practice match or two would've really helped us... I think I've felt the same way just about every season. At least half a dozen should be practicing their craft at the Southern Saints for pre-season training.

Last week Wardlaw was immense in the ruck and swung the game for us. And getting the ball in Richards hands injected her class. Port blew us away early a few weeks ago, can't let it slip again.
Wardlaw in the ruck was like paddy Ryder with the leap and Marshall with the clearances.

Pity we haven’t got two of her. One to take centre bounce and the other to play forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Copping some unlucky bounces here, wind going against us won’t help

We are no good. So are Port. We will struggle to win a game this year.
Can anyone explain what’s happened with this side and why we are so ordinary? We are 5 years in, maybe 6 and there is no improvement.

We are no good. So are Port. We will struggle to win a game this year.
Can anyone explain what’s happened with this side and why we are so ordinary? We are 5 years in, maybe 6 and there is no improvement.
It's a bit of everything.

• Expansion sent us back to square 1
  • Never catching up from our poor establishment
  • Lack of access to top u18 talent the past 2 seasons
  • Patrikios not returning to the player she was pre her covid sit out while other teams young stars have kicked on
  • Our only other top young mid in Smith missing 2 seasons with the ACL
  • GC incentivising Rowbottom to nominate their draft zone and our concession prize in Friend not coming on the way we needed her to
  • Questionable coaching

Back