AFLW AFLW General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It's getting harder and harder to maintain any sort of enthusiasm for this mickey mouse competition and their ridiculous seat-of-the-pants decisions.

The ones I feel for most are the athletes who have taken the whole thing seriously and most likely made loads of sacrifices along the way, only to have administrations - both at club and league level - let them down.

Guess it's just gonna be a few more years yet before this is finally a "serious" competition.

Agree with this. I really enjoyed watching AFLW up until a few years ago. Gil expanded the competition far too quickly before the talent had time to move with the expansion. This had lead to far too many lop-sided games, and lets be honest - girls getting a game when in actual fact they should be playing at a lower level.

Agree with this. I really enjoyed watching AFLW up until a few years ago. Gil expanded the competition far too quickly before the talent had time to move with the expansion. This had lead to far too many lop-sided games, and lets be honest - girls getting a game when in actual fact they should be playing at a lower level.
Let's be real. It's been pretty ordinary to watch in recent season. I'm not sure if it's the competition as a whole, or if it's just because we've been crap. Bit of both, I assume.

When there were fewer games in summer it was good to have some footy.

Now that there is overlap and more aflw games, it's just too big a time sink unless you are really invested in the games.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

When are we getting a coach? No names leaked and geez they are taking their time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucy McEvoy goneski.

Given we've been using her as a third defender, I'm not surprised. She was drafted with a pretty solid output as an inside mid and we just completely drifted from using her there.

Here's hoping we get excellent compensation...

No GM, no coach, no communication. Practically rudderless at the moment. It's a sad state of affairs. The players and fans deserve better.

Given we've been using her as a third defender, I'm not surprised. She was drafted with a pretty solid output as an inside mid and we just completely drifted from using her there.

Here's hoping we get excellent compensation...
1678333463310.gif

Hmmmm, let’s not get carried away. Living in Qld and in the Sun’s Academy will make it hard to get her back to the Blues.
Skinny did guest commentary for a Suns-Blues AFLW match a few years ago and was unashamedly biaised towards us. Clearly still loves Carlton. Here’s hoping he’s influenced his daughter accordingly!

Also - if memory serves me correctly, a couple of other father-daughter prospects in Phoebe Pearce and Sophie McKay will be eligible in 2024. Not sure if they are any good though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back