Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

I must’ve blinked but did anyone else see on the sport report (7) tonight re Ess interest in Stengle?
I thought I saw a footer on the screen saying Essendon interest. Geelong expecting him to stay though.

Just for discussion... Aggressive list management could call for out Jake in Zurhaar, Cam would certainly fit the 8 year window better than Jake.

Having said that I love Jake, when he's kicking goals I get up and about.

If we could get Stengle as well, would this forward line cause headaches in 2025?

Gresh Caddy Zurhaar
Langford Wright Stengle
I'd hope Gresh is out in favour of Davey by 26 at least though.

Jones?

Zurhaars in our best 22 now
I don’t see how he fits in with Stringer and Kangford currently occupying that mid sized fwd spot with Caddy set to take over and explode if/when Stringer finishes up

Cam is a nice player but i would avoid him

I don’t see how he fits in with Stringer and Kangford currently occupying that mid sized fwd spot with Caddy set to take over and explode if/when Stringer finishes up

Cam is a nice player but i would avoid him
He has that much quality we would change structure a smidge and move out a Davey and H.Jones for him

Hes levels above both currently

I hope he goes out on a high note, personally - copped far more criticism than he deserves.
Should've been cut loose last off season. Seems he has the shits up.

One time early on the weekend Tsatas beat him to the footy so he just switched off and left him for dead, a block and Elijah probably uses his skillset to break out of traffic. Instead he is set upon by two goons.

The thing with Shiel that has him in a tough spot if he wants to continue on is hed likely only want to go to a side with likely success

Then im not sure hes guaranteed in any best 22 of those top sides, then maybe he thinks hes better off staying around

Hed be great cheap depth that gets nothing in return in the trade table at worse

And never know he may come on like Fyfe has this year after a better run, or finish like a Boak, Ward, Pendles, Libba, Mundy as absolute best case

II dont rate CZ but that’s just me.
Money can probably be better spent elsewhere imo

The small forwards Stengle and Ainsworth

Then the Bont, JUH, H.Reid, LDU, Rayner, Maynard, Ed Richard types over the next 24 months

You cant have everything so need to prioritise

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Money can probably be better spent elsewhere imo

The small forwards Stengle and Ainsworth

Then the Bont, JUH, H.Reid, LDU, Rayner, Maynard, Ed Richard types over the next 24 months
In the end, i want a midfielder / forward who can change games. Petracca, Bont, Martin, Shia Bolton etc.

A powerful mid/fwd who can kick 3 in a quarter or go in and win 3 centre clearances in a row.

In the end, i want a midfielder / forward who can change games. Petracca, Bont, Martin, Shia Bolton etc.

A powerful mid/fwd who can kick 3 in a quarter or go in and win 3 centre clearances in a row.
Well yeah, but how often do they come around? Once every couple of drafts?

Short of finding someone like Chad Warner at the arse end of the draft, this might be our last shot at drafting one if our ladder position is going to improve over the coming years. Unless Bewick is that kind of player I guess.

Well yeah, but how often do they come around? Once every couple of drafts?

Short of finding someone like Chad Warner at the arse end of the draft, this might be our last shot at drafting one if our ladder position is going to improve over the coming years. Unless Bewick is that kind of player I guess.

I’d hazard a guess you can always find them, whether they are developed or not is the difference between a first round pick or one after 40.

Im all aboard the Sam Lalor train, sounds almost exactly the player I want. Probably gone but yeah, would love that type

Remove this Banner Ad

Back