Rumour AFL to trial new rules Hawthorn v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
With hawthorn now out of contention for finals, AFL house plans to use our game v Hawthorn to trial new rules. Thoughts?

I'm not too sure it's a wise idea, they should be doing this in the VFL or preseason.

Huh?

Didn't the AFL say that if they do trail new rules it would be in matches that won't impact impacts - is: no teams potentially involved in finals will be involved in those matches, it will only be in matches involving the bottom teams

Doubt the trails go ahead anyway

With hawthorn now out of contention for finals, AFL house plans to use our game v Hawthorn to trial new rules. Thoughts?

I'm not too sure it's a wise idea, they should be doing this in the VFL or preseason.
I think your initial premise is a little of the mark.

So that's why they got Hawthorn to practice them first.

They should test any major change in preseason first. Imagine if they'd just decided supergoals would make the game more interesting and brought them in midseason or thought AFLX rules were a good change. No one knows how it will affect a game by changing the rules, so why throw turmoil into a blockbuster?

Last edited:
th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back