AFL Darling Downs

Remove this Banner Ad

By the looks of it they rolled Kingaroy in Kingaroy in round one, pretty big win given the pre season talk around hawks dropping off and Kingaroy being ones to beat ?
Goondiwindi looking very impressive. That’s a huge win, South Burnett are a quality side so to win by that margin shows that the Hawks are going to be a major force in 2019. University off to a good start too, Warwick are definite contenders this year so to get over them at home in Round 1 shows that they’re still strong. Great to see Chinchilla have a win also.

By the looks of it they rolled Kingaroy in Kingaroy in round one, pretty big win given the pre season talk around hawks dropping off and Kingaroy being ones to beat ?

Some names I havent seen before for Gundy. Must have picked some players up. That result is a bit scary for the rest of the comp unless kingaroy had players out. 20 goals in the wet is impressive

Goondiwindi are the team to beat this year, premiership favourites and proved that with the toughest road trip and a big 90-point win. Hawks for premiers 2019!

Goondiwindi are the team to beat this year, premiership favourites and proved that with the toughest road trip and a big 90-point win. Hawks for premiers 2019!
Hard to argue with the favorites tag, it is only Round 1 though, a lot of footy to be played yet.

Some names I havent seen before for Gundy. Must have picked some players up. That result is a bit scary for the rest of the comp unless kingaroy had players out. 20 goals in the wet is impressive
No J.Leahy or Scoble anymore either ?
Tips for this round?

No J.Leahy or Scoble anymore either ?
Tips for this round?
I think Jezza is still playing, I heard he’s just out injured at the moment but I could be wrong.

Coolaroo looked impressive against Cougars and won by 41points, across town I heard Bombers thumped Chinchilla by 250+ to nil. Hawks were strong at home and won by 21 points over an understrength Redback's outfit. Looks the Saints had a few Tigers on permit in their loss to the much improved Highfields Lions outfit, running out 50+ winners.

Only round 2 but it seems Goondiwindi, Coolaroo, Warwick and South Toowoomba are the early contenders, with University can't write them off. Highfields might be level pegging with the young Cougars with the rest in a field of their own.

Top 5 this year, early prediction is Hawks for minor premiership.

Scobes had to move south for work, playing seniors for girgarre in the Kyabram DFL. Great bloke & great mate. Will be missed around gundy. Three sons all very talented, keep an eye out for his young fellas coming up the ranks
Thanks, they might struggle to score without big Scoble.

Coolaroo looked impressive against Cougars and won by 41points, across town I heard Bombers thumped Chinchilla by 250+ to nil. Hawks were strong at home and won by 21 points over an understrength Redback's outfit. Looks the Saints had a few Tigers on permit in their loss to the much improved Highfields Lions outfit, running out 50+ winners.

Only round 2 but it seems Goondiwindi, Coolaroo, Warwick and South Toowoomba are the early contenders, with University can't write them off. Highfields might be level pegging with the young Cougars with the rest in a field of their own.

Top 5 this year, early prediction is Hawks for minor premiership.

Can confirm redbacks vs gundy game was pretty rough. Always a good contest between two country clubs :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stand out teams starting to take shape - Goondiwindi, South Toowoomba, Coolaroo and Warwick seem to be the top 4. Still early but over the next month we will see where everyone is at.
Goondiwindi and Coolaroo are both looking very dangerous, I’d have them slightly ahead of Souths, Warwick and Uni. It’s really hard to get a gauge on where everyone is at until the end of the first round when everyone has played each other. Goondiwindi v Coolaroo this weekend should be epic.

Goondiwindi and Coolaroo are both looking very dangerous, I’d have them slightly ahead of Souths, Warwick and Uni. It’s really hard to get a gauge on where everyone is at until the end of the first round when everyone has played each other. Goondiwindi v Coolaroo this weekend should be epic.
Who’s the tips with this week?

- Goondiwindi at home against Coolaroo
- Warwick should collect the four points against the Lions at Highfields
- The Suns may upset the Saints in Kingaroy but I am on South Burnett for this one
- Tigers haven't shown much this year and I would tip the reigning premiers to do a number on the yellow and black, Cougars by plenty

- Goondiwindi at home against Coolaroo
- Warwick should collect the four points against the Lions at Highfields
- The Suns may upset the Saints in Kingaroy but I am on South Burnett for this one
- Tigers haven't shown much this year and I would tip the reigning premiers to do a number on the yellow and black, Cougars by plenty
Nice you almost picked the round !

Nice you almost picked the round !

Biggest result that has me shocked is the Lions over the Redback's. Not sure what has gone on here but this is a game that Warwick would of penciled in at the start of the season to collect the four premiership points. However, I think this now questions if Warwick are serious contenders or not. It is only May and with the Reddies facing the in-form Roos the top 4 is starting to take shape, wins now can set up the back half of the year.

Biggest result that has me shocked is the Lions over the Redback's. Not sure what has gone on here but this is a game that Warwick would of penciled in at the start of the season to collect the four premiership points. However, I think this now questions if Warwick are serious contenders or not. It is only May and with the Reddies facing the in-form Roos the top 4 is starting to take shape, wins now can set up the back half of the year.
Warwick still have a quality list, I still think they’ll be contending around finals time. Highfields have definitely improved, Bert Cherry is a very good coach and they’ve got some of their talented ex juniors back, they’ll take a few more scalps before the end of the year. I still think Goondiwindi is the favourite at this stage just ahead of Coolaroo and University.

Cold day on the Darling Downs with apparent temperatures below zero (wind chill factor).

Should be an interesting round of match ups and one game that should be one sided. Bombers and Tigers not even worth watching, South Toowoomba should easily account for their rivals Tigers. I think Warwick will show more fight than last week and give Coolaroo a tough contest, Reddies for me.

South Burnett are the unknown and you'd expect the reigning premiers to be on-song but I think the Saints will march away with the points this time. Suns and Lions an interesting head to head; Lions should win.......

Cold day on the Darling Downs with apparent temperatures below zero (wind chill factor).

Should be an interesting round of match ups and one game that should be one sided. Bombers and Tigers not even worth watching, South Toowoomba should easily account for their rivals Tigers. I think Warwick will show more fight than last week and give Coolaroo a tough contest, Reddies for me.

South Burnett are the unknown and you'd expect the reigning premiers to be on-song but I think the Saints will march away with the points this time. Suns and Lions an interesting head to head; Lions should win.......
Very difficult to select winners this week. Warwick v Coolaroo is the match of the round, should be a great contest, I reckon there will only be a couple of goals in it either way.

Redbacks get the job done. And leads into an interesting weekend.

Coolaroo Vs Toowoomba - should be a good game yeh? Toowoomba put up a strong fight against heavy weights Souths?

Gundy vs chinchilla - never know what team either club will put on the park this year. Could be close?

Uni vs highfields - a win worth its weight in gold for either club. A win could announce highfields to the comp, uni win means they keep well in touch with ladder leaders. Will be a cracker

Souths vs redbacks - Souths have pumped everyone this year, think their the favs foo flag really. % through the roof. Redbacks hit and miss but win on weekend means they are back on track. This game will be a cracker as well

South Burnett with the bye - personally thought they might have got the win at home weekend just past.

Redbacks get the job done. And leads into an interesting weekend.

Coolaroo Vs Toowoomba - should be a good game yeh? Toowoomba put up a strong fight against heavy weights Souths?

Gundy vs chinchilla - never know what team either club will put on the park this year. Could be close?

Uni vs highfields - a win worth its weight in gold for either club. A win could announce highfields to the comp, uni win means they keep well in touch with ladder leaders. Will be a cracker

Souths vs redbacks - Souths have pumped everyone this year, think their the favs foo flag really. % through the roof. Redbacks hit and miss but win on weekend means they are back on track. This game will be a cracker as well

South Burnett with the bye - personally thought they might have got the win at home weekend just past.

I think Goondiwindi are flag favourites, had a tough fixture to open their 2019 campaign. I think Souths are a close 2nd but we will find out where South Toowoomba are at this weekend when they play the Reddies in Warwick.

Some mouth watering match ups.

TIPS? It is only Monday but I am thinking;

- Coolaroo
- Cougars
- Bombers
- Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back