afl canberra 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely it cant be Canberra clubs complaining about travel. I always loved the Bay games, go down the night before to see family and friends or the bus trip with the team. I will say that making teams travel down there for the finals in 4th grade seemed a bit strange at the time but when you win the rights to hold the finals by finishing where they did everyone can suck it up for a day.
Nothing to do with any other clubs as far as i'm aware. From what i've been told the AFL want a Canberra centric comp and see us as a coast team who will be on the coast in 2020 and beyond. Riverina Lions getting the boot as well apparently. Not sure if Coota or Cooma are affected.

If Cooma gets the boot so should Goulburn and potentially Yass. They are all about the same travel distance. If Cooma get the boot they could potentially align with QBN and stay alive Yass and Goulburn could align with Belconnen and Eastlake respectively and do the same thing.

If Cooma gets the boot so should Goulburn and potentially Yass. They are all about the same travel distance. If Cooma get the boot they could potentially align with QBN and stay alive Yass and Goulburn could align with Belconnen and Eastlake respectively and do the same thing.

Any club they were looking at de listing have been notified , so it looks like only the bay and Riverina . With qbn joining threes and murrumbateman joining fours team numbers will stay the same . In the men’s comp at least . It’s a bloody shame though so it is .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any club they were looking at de listing have been notified , so it looks like only the bay and Riverina . With qbn joining threes and murrumbateman joining fours team numbers will stay the same . In the men’s comp at least . It’s a bloody shame though so it is .

Weird situation. If anything the League should try to avoid what is happening with the top two grades where there is a lack of variety in the teams that clubs play each week. It should be in their very interesting in keeping clubs like the Bay in the competition, not just because they have made the league better over time, but because it gives the local league a wider player base which means more money is going into the coffers of the local competition that can be reinvested.

Instead the Bay will go back to the Sapphire Coast, probably lose some key players as a result and our competition will be poorer for it.

Weird situation. If anything the League should try to avoid what is happening with the top two grades where there is a lack of variety in the teams that clubs play each week. It should be in their very interesting in keeping clubs like the Bay in the competition, not just because they have made the league better over time, but because it gives the local league a wider player base which means more money is going into the coffers of the local competition that can be reinvested.

Instead the Bay will go back to the Sapphire Coast, probably lose some key players as a result and our competition will be poorer for it.

Absolutely spot on mate .

Cooma are now southern cats and premiers I might add . Cats are not going anywhere .it is also most likely that the cats will align to Queanbeyan tigers .pretty sure you that Whistling lol

Cooma are now southern cats and premiers I might add . Cats are not going anywhere .it is also most likely that the cats will align to Queanbeyan tigers .pretty sure you that Whistling lol
Batemans Bay are also premiers but are looking likely to be kicked so I don't think being premiers will keep the Cats in the competition if AFL Canberra want them gone. Re branding should help the Cats hopefully as I think they only had 2 players from up Cooma way play for them on the weekend.

Other than the Cats are any other teams looking for a new coach moving into 2018?

Batemans Bay are also premiers but are looking likely to be kicked so I don't think being premiers will keep the Cats in the competition if AFL Canberra want them gone. Re branding should help the Cats hopefully as I think they only had 2 players from up Cooma way play for them on the weekend.

Other than the Cats are any other teams looking for a new coach moving into 2018?

I heard that Yass Roos coach announced he want be coaching next year , not sure if they already have a replacement though .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we can sort this out pretty quick , southcab back to Yass , Nov takes on the swans and Whistling to the cats .
Not sure I would be a good footy coach unfortunately, I may be able to teach the boys how to do a few extra schooner curls but that's about it. I did however play out of full forward back when I played and after the performance of 29 on the weekend I don't think I would be knocking him off his perch anytime soon.

Not sure I would be a good footy coach unfortunately, I may be able to teach the boys how to do a few extra schooner curls but that's about it. I did however play out of full forward back when I played and after the performance of 29 on the weekend I don't think I would be knocking him off his perch anytime soon.

Where are the Southern cats based now ?

Where are the Southern cats based now ?

Southern Cats have posted an advertisement for a new coach, which explains the training situation. The player base is spread from Jindabyne to Canberra/Queanbeyan/Googong.

"After a successful 2018 campaign in which the Cats captured their first Premiership in 34 years the Club is now seeking people to fill a number of off field roles.

The Southern Cats train twice a week in Canberra, with a self-managed training session held once a week in Cooma for Cooma based players. A joint training session is held in Cooma once a month.

You can lodge your interest by contacting us through the page or by getting in touch with Damien Asanovski on 0401819911 before 18 November 2018"

Reckon we might see a return of the regional grade tbh.
Would that be just the single team clubs Yass, Coota, Cooma, Goulburn and then the teams that only have 1 regional grade team Queanbeyan, Eastlake, Belconnen, Tuggeranong? Then all the 2 team clubs have their own comp?

Not the worst. It wouldn't affect the 3rd grade comp greatly at the top of the ladder as the top 6 were all the 2 team teams. However in the 4th grade comp I could see Woden going through undefeated.

Not the worst. It wouldn't affect the 3rd grade comp greatly at the top of the ladder as the top 6 were all the 2 team teams. However in the 4th grade comp I could see Woden going through undefeated.

Reckon ANU and ADFA would probably give Woden a shake in the 4s.

Would think Coota and Cooma would play off for the regional grade flag, though who knows what kind of QBN side will emerge...

I do wonder if Eastlake/Belco, both coming off a tough season in 3s, would be keen for the travel...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back