AFL CAIRNS - Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think i called Tennick a thug it's just thug acts that will continue unless the umps put a stop to it ans start reporting blokes. Carter is clearly in the top 3 young kids in comp ( well he thinks so) the slightest thing goes against him and he will come back home. Tigers should go in as favs this week after giving Port a touch up while Port should do the same in the ressies.

Don't think i called Tennick a thug it's just thug acts that will continue unless the umps put a stop to it ans start reporting blokes. Carter is clearly in the top 3 young kids in comp ( well he thinks so) the slightest thing goes against him and he will come back home. Tigers should go in as favs this week after giving Port a touch up while Port should do the same in the ressies.

Well I haven't had a good laugh for a long time, this is / was a gut buster for me.

Now pray tell why Saints shouldn't rightly be favorite

they have been here before many times. :D
before poor Tiger last visit in 2004 :(
Saints clearly beat the tiger last time they met, they have greater depth than any other club due to their incentive program. there are more reasons but will leave some to others to point out :eek:

Congratulations to Matthew Walsh on B & F, quality player & worthy winner. Well done "young" Tommy Furness on the reserves medal, he is a true gentleman & great clubman for the Lions. It was a good night for the over 30's..!
GF this week. Hope Norths can get up but Saints always peak at the right time & the week off is very valuable. SF was really tough game, this one should be no different & looking forward to watching it.

Congratulations to Matthew Walsh on B & F, quality player & worthy winner. Well done "young" Tommy Furness on the reserves medal, he is a true gentleman & great clubman for the Lions. It was a good night for the over 30's..!
GF this week. Hope Norths can get up but Saints always peak at the right time & the week off is very valuable. SF was really tough game, this one should be no different & looking forward to watching it.

Great win for the Lions young (LOL) Fella a great boost for the club and one that didn't make the semis, it does show you can win from an understrength club.

Great result for Olde Man Lawso from Souths

Well done to Matt, did not think he had a hope what with others taking points off him. A true gentleman and richly deserved

The GVFL held their vote count last night

Final Leaderboard:
Luke Morgan 35
Simon Seddon 16
Jessie Finnen 16
Paul Fry 15
Daniel Lewis 15
Jason Morgan 15
Great to see Daniel Lewis ex Cairns City Lions finish equal 4th however Morgan won by a mile.

How was the count last night? Did Champs host a good night like usual?

The GVFL held their vote count last night

Final Leaderboard:
Luke Morgan 35
Simon Seddon 16
Jessie Finnen 16
Paul Fry 15
Daniel Lewis 15
Jason Morgan 15
Great to see Daniel Lewis ex Cairns City Lions finish equal 4th however Morgan won by a mile.

How was the count last night? Did Champs host a good night like usual?
Yep, he had a great year. named as CHF in GV team of the year & also represented Vic country. How much do you reckon we missed his presence this season..!?!

Where am wrong again o_O If you read the post --I said " I love the idea" . And I have always said so , I just had some reservations about mercenaries with the cash that's all, my view is well known here about this subject This was written back on July 30, it is now Sept, you trolling past posts to pick an argument ??

FairnessInFooty, sh-t stirrer that is
That's an interesting question Tamba. In market economics there are price takers and price makers. Prospective NEAFL players will attract good coin, but will probably have to take less than anticipated as (a) they want to progress their footy careers and (b) the local clubs aren't like southern clubs and can't afford the dollars they're asking.

Win-win all round.

Why did I comment in September on comments made in July? I don't go into this forum too often because of the quality of some contributions, and a poorly structured argument is so regardless when it's highlighted.

That's an interesting question Tamba. In market economics there are price takers and price makers. Prospective NEAFL players will attract good coin, but will probably have to take less than anticipated as (a) they want to progress their footy careers and (b) the local clubs aren't like southern clubs and can't afford the dollars they're asking.

Win-win all round.

Why did I comment in September on comments made in July? I don't go into this forum too often because of the quality of some contributions, and a poorly structured argument is so regardless when it's highlighted.
is the NQ team in NEAFL a go?

An interest day tomorrow for the league

Seniors

Cairns Saints V North Cairns Tigers .The crowd sentimental favorites I imagine would be Norths , the Bookies would be Saints with most of the money laid on them.

If the wind and the men in Orange don't stuff things up it will be a great game.

Walsh will be deadly in front, but look to others scoring if he is tagged early, which I think Saints wouldn't really care as they have enough sharp shooters to take over.

North Cairns really need to jump out early take this by the neck and shut down Saints scorers early. Then the main thing is too PLAY 4 quarter football for the day. This in my view is the only way to take the glory for the day.

My Tip------ North Cairns :)

See yas at the Game

Reserve Grade

North Cairns Tigers v Port Douglas Crocs. MMmmmm

Toss of a coin here. Will sit my Fat A on the fence :cool:

$6.00 admission through out the year
$8.00 admission for the Semis
$10 admission for the Grand Final

talk about scalping the punters. :rolleyes:
I still suppose it is value for money considering prices for other codes.

"Old" Walshy certainly came home with the wind in his sail in the second half of the season. As Walshy quite rightly pointed out, if he didn't get good delivery it wouldn't happen. I must admit he's still a bit of a freak. Also well done to Tommy Furness, I watched him a couple of times during the season and definitely gets in there and has a good crack.

I love watching the Cairns games, nice rough footy. i think Alex Carter was definately one of the better younger players in the comp this year. his hard work and determination to get the football is one not shown by many young players in the cairns area. wouldnt be surprised to see him take on a big club down south soon!

BANG!!!! That was the sound of me falling on the floor laughing my head off.

An interest day tomorrow for the league

Seniors

Cairns Saints V North Cairns Tigers .The crowd sentimental favorites I imagine would be Norths , the Bookies would be Saints with most of the money laid on them.

If the wind and the men in Orange don't stuff things up it will be a great game.

Walsh will be deadly in front, but look to others scoring if he is tagged early, which I think Saints wouldn't really care as they have enough sharp shooters to take over.

North Cairns really need to jump out early take this by the neck and shut down Saints scorers early. Then the main thing is too PLAY 4 quarter football for the day. This in my view is the only way to take the glory for the day.

My Tip------ North Cairns :)

See yas at the Game

Reserve Grade

North Cairns Tigers v Port Douglas Crocs. MMmmmm

Toss of a coin here. Will sit my Fat A on the fence :cool:

$6.00 admission through out the year
$8.00 admission for the Semis
$10 admission for the Grand Final

talk about scalping the punters. :rolleyes:
I still suppose it is value for money considering prices for other codes.

It is only Cairns though. Who ever runs the gate will make a fortune out of the Saints throng. Have AFL Cairns allowed enough time this year at the end of each break for the Saints supporters to leave the field???:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kiss of death for the GF's -

I haven't watched any of the finals so am unsure about form.

Seniors -
Saints V Norths - I think the experience of Dad's Army will get them over the line.

Ressies -
Norths V Port - The Tigers will be too strong in this for Port.

Good luck to all.

Yesterday was as good as a grand final win as you will ever see. Not just saying that cause i am a Saints supporter but for a team to be down to no bench at half time lose their coach 2 key backman have 14 fit players at the end was a remarkable effort. Anyone who thinks Lukas Ellich is a good player after yesterday wasnt there cause he cost his team a flag. Well done on Kane and his boys for a great season but they wont take the next step till they get rid of dogs like him. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Yesterday was as good as a grand final win as you will ever see. Not just saying that cause i am a Saints supporter but for a team to be down to no bench at half time lose their coach 2 key backman have 14 fit players at the end was a remarkable effort. Anyone who thinks Lukas Ellich is a good player after yesterday wasnt there cause he cost his team a flag. Well done on Kane and his boys for a great season but they wont take the next step till they get rid of dogs like him. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Fair point Lachrilly. Saints showed plenty of heart to win the game, however I think poor coaching & undisciplined acts (Ellich in particular) cost Norths the GF. Norths have a fantastic team & had a great opportunity to run over Saints in the final quarter, but those 2 factors just mentioned cost them dearly. It will be interesting to see if Ellich gets sighted for his hit on Powell. There were mixed reactions in the crowd whether it was fair or not, but for Powell to go down in that manner suggests to me that it was an illegal hit. I've also heard a whisper that Richter will be heading Sth next year. Any confirmation on that one???

Yes Lachrilly, the Saints deserved to win that one. But like Carl, I think Norths lost the game rather then Saints winning it. If Norths would have stuck to their game plan throughout the game I believe they would have won and even Max O'Halloran thought the same thing when I spoke to him after the game. In the 1st quarter it looked like they would walk away with it. I can't work out how a team can be in front and then let so much ill-descipline creep into their game. What did they think they would achieve by coming out and playing thuggery footy. Was a brave effort by the Saints boys to finish the game off with injured players and no bench.

I guess we now look forward to all the 2014 coaching rumours.

Yes Lachrilly, the Saints deserved to win that one. But like Carl, I think Norths lost the game rather then Saints winning it. If Norths would have stuck to their game plan throughout the game I believe they would have won and even Max O'Halloran thought the same thing when I spoke to him after the game. In the 1st quarter it looked like they would walk away with it. I can't work out how a team can be in front and then let so much ill-descipline creep into their game. What did they think they would achieve by coming out and playing thuggery footy. Was a brave effort by the Saints boys to finish the game off with injured players and no bench.

I guess we now look forward to all the 2014 coaching rumours.

Enjoyed the game was entertaining

Norths lost Saints didn't win.

But that is the way Saints pounce on clubs and do it too the best of their ability. They wait for a lapse then put down the plans.

Saints did well on having no bench in the end.

Saw the hit but thought it was a legal ---so did those around me,
hope he has recover to partake in the festivities

Coaching Rumors the part of the year when more bull-dust flies then any other. Oh how I love this period.

The boys watched the video at mad monday yesterday and the hit on Powell didnt seem to have much in it. So either he just got him in the right place or maybe the hard ground was a factor too. There were 2 cases that Ellich will have to answer IMO but no doubt Norths will find a way to get him off as they always do.

NEAFL team is not happening for Cairns in 2014. Cairns AFL will reapply for a position in the league for 2015.
Interesting comment Carl, the last I heard was that it was full steam ahead. AFL Cairns will not have control of the team/club but will have a voice. Five home games at Cazalys a year with the others played at Brownsville and Mackay. They way I have read it, nothing is stopping this from going ahead. However, people do change their minds don't they???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back